General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

2012 Points Cards - and a thank you

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Let's start with the thank you part. Gio Jaramillo has been our Membership Chair for a number of years now, tackling the task even though he couldn't join us at events. He has moved out of the area and we're passing the torch to Kurt Rahn as our new Membership Chair.

Please join me in thanking Gio for his past service, and Kurt for filling the position. The "transition" is complete, and we're now ready to start accepting 2012 points card renewals. You can renew or purchase here: http://www.solo2.com/PurchasePC.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For anyone new to our region, the points card allows you to have a permanent number assigned to you as well as accumulate points toward year-end trophies. If you buy your 2012 points card now, you'll have it both for the remainder of 2011 and all of 2012.

While we don't provide the numbers for your car, you'll be able to buy magnetic (or static or ???) numbers and class letters, making it that much easier to prep your car on Sunday morning. You can check with our own Jayson Woodruf if you're interested in sourcing numbers and class letters for your car locally.

Mike Simanyi
CSCC Solo Chair
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: 2012 Points Cards - and a thank you

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I wondered why I started suddenly getting renewal requests :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Kurt Rahn wrote:I wondered why I started suddenly getting renewal requests :lol:
Was i the first one - do I win a cookie?
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Max Hayter wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:I wondered why I started suddenly getting renewal requests :lol:
Was i the first one - do I win a cookie?
You were the first one after Mike's announcement, but there was one before he posted. No cookie for you! :mrt:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Kurt Rahn wrote: You were the first one after Mike's announcement, but there was one before he posted. No cookie for you! :mrt:
That's insider trading and shouldn't count! :unimpressed:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Anthony Munoz
Club: PSCC
Car#: 50

Post by Anthony Munoz »

Renewed through PP with a change in number request.

Tony
"Smooth is fast, but fast is quicker"
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

I totally agree, a Huge thanks to Gio for his volunteer time and effort. :thumbup:
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Thanks Gio for all your hard work. Anytime I had questions, you responded right away. That's hard to find. :D

Steve A.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Steve Abbott wrote:Thanks Gio for all your hard work. Anytime I had questions, you responded right away. That's hard to find. :D

Steve A.
Kurt: Am I the winner? I'm in and good thru 2012.

Steve, you can ask me ANYTHING, ANYTIME. My answers will almost never be correct, but I ALWAYS respond right away. :lol:
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
David Barrish
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

Gio will never believe that I have used pay-pal for this, never.

Kurt PM sent on a number for my son.

David
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Ed Holley wrote:
Steve Abbott wrote:Thanks Gio for all your hard work. Anytime I had questions, you responded right away. That's hard to find. :D

Steve A.
Kurt: Am I the winner? I'm in and good thru 2012.

Steve, you can ask me ANYTHING, ANYTIME. My answers will almost never be correct, but I ALWAYS respond right away. :lol:
Yup. You were my first :gpower: :gpower: :gpower:
==============
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Max remind me before the next event and I will bring you a cookie.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Mike Simanyi wrote:Let's start with the thank you part. Gio Jaramillo has been our Membership Chair for a number of years now, tackling the task even though he couldn't join us at events. He has moved out of the area and we're passing the torch to Kurt Rahn as our new Membership Chair.

Please join me in thanking Gio for his past service, and Kurt for filling the position. The "transition" is complete, and we're now ready to start accepting 2012 points card renewals. You can renew or purchase here: http://www.solo2.com/PurchasePC.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Simanyi
CSCC Solo Chair
Thank you very much Mike. Last Wednesday was the final conference call of the year, and my final as Membership chairman for this region (Cal Club). As Mike has mentioned I've moved out of the area and had to resign. The region is in good hands with the new membership chairman for 2012 (Kurt Rahn - CASOC). So go easy on him guys/gals. Wish the region the best and I'll lurk every now and then on these forums. Though I haven't participated in autocrossing in a few years, I do root for our members when they attend any national event including Nationals. It was my pleasure serving the region and instituting the pay online option via PayPal (couldn't have done it with our founding father - Craig Angel (RIP) of No$ Club's support).

Take care,
Gio
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Congrats Kurt!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Pete Loney wrote:I totally agree, a Huge thanks to Gio for his volunteer time and effort. :thumbup:
Thanks Pete! Congrats on selling the Honda (I know you loved that car and I was fortunate to get a ride with you in it...felt like I was floating even while you took the turns on R-Comps).
It was my pleasure Steve. Yeah it was hard work at the beginning but then it became easier. Kurt will do a fine job.
David Barrish wrote:Gio will never believe that I have used pay-pal for this, never.
There's always a first time for everything David :)

Take care everyone.
Collin Webster
Car#: 901

Post by Collin Webster »

Thanks Gio!

Kurt, I was late in getting the points card for myself and the wife registered, but I got around to it this weekend. I'm a (late) returning member, so I hope you have my info still, if not PM me. My wife is a new member, and I realized as soon as I hit submit on PayPal I didn't include her email address - PM me if you need that info to register her for CASOC.

Thanks!
'06 Mazda MX-5 Miata - STR Starting Point
'08 MazdaSpeed 3 STU - FWD basket case
- The loosest nut in my cars is still the one behind the wheel.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Collin Webster wrote:Thanks Gio!

Kurt, I was late in getting the points card for myself and the wife registered, but I got around to it this weekend. I'm a (late) returning member, so I hope you have my info still, if not PM me. My wife is a new member, and I realized as soon as I hit submit on PayPal I didn't include her email address - PM me if you need that info to register her for CASOC.

Thanks!
Good to see you back, Collin! If I need anything more than what you've already provided, I'll let you know.
==============
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Bump.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

why does this thread need a bump? it's permanently stickied at the top...
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA