General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Gayle Jardine
Club Representative
Club: TCC
Car#: 89

update on Renee Angel

Post by Gayle Jardine »

I talked to Renee Saturday evening. She is out of Casa Calina and appeared to be in relative good spirits. She will be living with her 2 stepdaughters, part of the week with Laurie and the rest with Ginger.

I just received an update from Renee's stepdaughter on Renee's condition. Apparently, the cancer is spreading - she has a new tumor between T2 and T3. This is pressing on the nerves to her right hand and she is unable to use her hand completely. Per Laurie, at first they thought she might have had a stoke, but she has no other symptoms. Laurie says she is declining rapidly and they are to meet with hospice probably today.

Right now she is at Ginger's and would love to hear from us all. Ginger's # is 310-5452933. Please keep her in your prayers and if you find a minute - call her, but don't wear her out.
Gayle Jardine
Club Representative

Re: update on Renee Angel

Post by Gayle Jardine »

# correction 310-545-2833
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

:( ... it would be great if she could be driven out to the next event, even if for just a short time.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Mako to wrote::( ... it would be great if she could be driven out to the next event, even if for just a short time.
I just spoke with Renee's daughter Ginger. Renee is staying at her home in Manhattan Beach. I plan on going there for a visit tomorrow. If anyone would like to join me, let me know and we can make arrangements to go together.

I had put off calling, why I don't know, but apparently so have the rest of us. Renee is in real bad shape folks and may not make it to this weekend. If you can, give her a call.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Gayle thanks for the updated number and George thanks for the reminder. Renee is one of those people that reminds me that our little club is more than just the competition.

She is sleeping right now but I left a message for her.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

George Schilling wrote:I just spoke with Renee's daughter Ginger. Renee is staying at her home in Manhattan Beach. I plan on going there for a visit tomorrow. If anyone would like to join me, let me know and we can make arrangements to go together.
I would like to join.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

George Schilling wrote:
Mako to wrote::( ... it would be great if she could be driven out to the next event, even if for just a short time.
I just spoke with Renee's daughter Ginger. Renee is staying at her home in Manhattan Beach. I plan on going there for a visit tomorrow. If anyone would like to join me, let me know and we can make arrangements to go together.

I had put off calling, why I don't know, but apparently so have the rest of us. Renee is in real bad shape folks and may not make it to this weekend. If you can, give her a call.
Let me know what time you go. Morning will be bad for me and I have a call at 2pm, but am working from home on Tuesday and wouldn't mind taking a ride up with you. Especially since it is practically in my backyard.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Jo Ann Lynch
Car#: 0

Post by Jo Ann Lynch »

Lori Robertson just called me to say that she spoke with Laurie Angel and that they are trying to set up Hospice for Renee tonight.
Please do not come over and if you plan on coming over at a later time, please call first to coordinate with the family. There is a lot going on. Sorry but visits must take a back seat.

Jo Ann Lynch
Gayle Jardine
Club Representative

Post by Gayle Jardine »

I spoke to Renee last night and again this morning...per Renee, she may not last through the week. Her sister is coming from New Jersey tomorrow. Please call her 310-545-2833.
Gayle Jardine
Club Representative

Post by Gayle Jardine »

per Laurie Angel - stop calling for a few days and don't come over - she is overwhelmed right now!
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

I sent you an email Gayle. I hope you get it.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Several of us visited today. We spent about two and half hours with her. She really appreciated the phone calls from friends and I know it lifted her spirits.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Gayle Jardine
Club Representative

Post by Gayle Jardine »

I have received e-mails and messages from many of you - I am passing on your well wishes and concerns to Renee. I called this AM - she was sleeping, but no change. She appreciated the visits yesterday, but it really wore her out. Continue to call, but let's not overwhelm her and her caregivers. This is a difficult time for all involved. Say a little prayer for Renee and for those who are caring for her.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Please let her know that little Robert sends a big hug and of course Stacey and I send giant hugs as well.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
David Avard
Club: PSCC
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

Julie and I send our best wishes, and we will keep her in our thoughts.

Times like these it really sucks to be 1600 miles away in Kansas.
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Reijo Silvennoinen
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

Same as David ... about 1600 miles away. Please pass my best wishes and regards to Renee as well!

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Having been out of touch for the last week, this is hard news to hear. Please pass on my best wishes to Renee. Is the number above still the right one? I'd like to give her a call.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Rick,

That number should be good. Getting through is more miss than hit, but every time I called Ginger answered. Renee was sleeping though. :(

Mike
Joy Wheaton

Post by Joy Wheaton »

Dear Renee,

I miss you & you're in my thoughts & prayers. You're an incredible person & I'm honored that you are my oldest & best friend in CalClub. It's great fun competing, especially with both of us driving my Mustang. I still can't believe you're only 6 tenths behind my best time driving my car the last time. Bansai!!

Dana, Kathy & I are all praying for your recovery. I'd really like to see you. If you'd like to see me, I'll be there in a heartbeat, anytime Renee. Please take care & know that you'll be in everyone's heart this weekend @ SCCA. We'll all be missing you. Love, Joy Wheaton
Gayle Jardine
Club Representative

Post by Gayle Jardine »

Hello All,
Renee was moved yesterday from Ginger's house to Laurie's house. Renee's sister left yesterday morning.

Per Laurie, "I have requested a qualified nurse to be with Renee when I am working 2 or 3 times per week so visiting will be very limited. At this point once Renee moves it will probably be OK that folks call her, however, she has limited use of her hands to hold up the phone and she may be very difficult to understand because she is tiring very easily. She is still bright eyed (beautiful blue eyes - like my dad) and still a pistol in spite of it all. I'll let you know and provide contact information once we transition."

Keep Renee and her caregivers in your prayers and I will update you with info as it becomes available.
gayle
George Schilling
Club Representative

Thanks for the update Gayle.

Please share a contact phone number when you can.