Cool, super easy to use smart phone Data Acq App

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Cool, super easy to use smart phone Data Acq App

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Not sure about Harry's Lap Timer ... but this kid Anthony got in the Vette for a ride on Sat ... stuck his iPhone in my drink holder, and after one lap had all type of cool info, course map, g's etc for our run using the CMSLapTimer. One could scroll through the lap getting info for specific points. One can set up sectors, etc.

I was very impressed ... not need to calibrate anything ... just worked! I don't think it quite had the resolution for detailed slalom data

http://stoppani.net/iphone/CMSLapTimerPlus/index.html
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Re: Cool, super easy to use smart phone Data Acq App

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Pretty much all smartphone GPSs run at 1Hz, i.e. not very useful for detailed autocross analysis.
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Ha! Ha! I showed him that app when he rode with me. Been using it for a while now and I was impressed how close the time was to the transponder time on all the tracks I've used it at. Plus it records video at the same time :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Davin Swanson
Club: CASOC
Car#: 979

Post by Davin Swanson »

Jeff Stuart wrote:Pretty much all smartphone GPSs run at 1Hz, i.e. not very useful for detailed autocross analysis.
This'll get you 5Hz GPS on an iPhone:

https://www.emprum.com/ultimate-gps-ipa ... iphone.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still not as good as 10Hz, but better than 1Hz. :D IMO, if you have 5Hz and software that does a decent job at interpolation, that's good enough for 95% of the people out there.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

tempting .......................................................