Where are all the B Stockers?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Carl Vanderschuit

Where are all the B Stockers?

Post by Carl Vanderschuit »

Come on out, we needs a few more. Tom, Curt?
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Re: Where are all the B Stockers?

Post by Max Hayter »

Gone to RTR.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

There have been 3 at the last 2 events. And I believe they are agreeing to run 140+ tires.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

Yes, several of us are now running BS instead of RTR but staying on street tires, although there is no agreement. We just started doing it to run apples to apples and BS was empty. Look back across the last 3 years of results in SK1 and SK2, break them out as if they were RTR and you'll see why. I'll probably run the pro in BS, on street tires, just for the fun of it. Sk1 was a lot of fun and very competitive, RTR, not so much. At the last event, I would have won SK1 if it was still here, but (if I remember right) I would have been 8th in RTR. I have no problem with running against anyone on R tires in BS because those are the rules. I'll take my chances but I like my odds better.

That's just me.

t
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Tom Tanquary wrote:Yes, several of us are now running BS instead of RTR but staying on street tires, although there is no agreement. We just started doing it to run apples to apples and BS was empty. Look back across the last 3 years of results in SK1 and SK2, break them out as if they were RTR and you'll see why. I'll probably run the pro in BS, on street tires, just for the fun of it. Sk1 was a lot of fun and very competitive, RTR, not so much. At the last event, I would have won SK1 if it was still here, but (if I remember right) I would have been 8th in RTR. I have no problem with running against anyone on R tires in BS because those are the rules. I'll take my chances but I like my odds better.

That's just me.

t
NO COMMENT! (but I am smiling) ;)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Ira Cruz
Club: No$
Car#: 789

Post by Ira Cruz »

I agree Tom :!: :!: bring back SK1&2
Maybe it's Easter?!
Carl Vanderschuit

Post by Carl Vanderschuit »

What about the up coming tour? I'd run on streets . Tom, sounds like your not doing the pro.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Just an observation,

RTR looks like fun but RTR really looks like CS on street tires. Given that RTR is a PAX class it is possible that RTR could shift year to year. It is kinda sad to see so many of the stock classes clustered into one RT class. It is nice to see all the new CS cars having fun.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Doug Teulie wrote:Just an observation,

RTR looks like fun but RTR really looks like CS on street tires. Given that RTR is a PAX class it is possible that RTR could shift year to year. It is kinda sad to see so many of the stock classes clustered into one RT class. It is nice to see all the new CS cars having fun.
Yeah, that was my original and continuing problem with breaking it up by driveline. Naturally the majority of cars that are autocross worthy will be rear drive, so you've started from square one uneven across RT classes. However, if this is how it remains, I'm just happy that there are RT classes.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Tom Tanquary »

Carl Vanderschuit wrote:What about the up coming tour? I'd run on streets . Tom, sounds like your not doing the pro.
I am doing the Pro most likely, on street tires in BS, but I can't do the tour. Although I'm glad to chase you on any tires anytime ;)
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Prediction: Stock classes will continue to have diminished entries until such time as they become street tire only classes. The cost of, and frequency of purchase required for R Comps are just too expensive for MOST entrants. And while the RT classes are popular for the moment, the vast number of entrants will begin to feel they are just also-rans. What will happen is what IS happening. Entrants will take it upon themselves to enter into street tire "agreements" in stock classes.
2001 NB Miata
David Barrish
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

Ed,

The next shoe to drop will be the "30" year rule in the stock class's. I belive that your Miata will be the car that makes the SCCA reveiw the exclusion of cars from the Stock class at National events.

Please stay very healthy.

David
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

David Barrish wrote:Ed,

The next shoe to drop will be the "30" year rule in the stock class's. I belive that your Miata will be the car that makes the SCCA reveiw the exclusion of cars from the Stock class at National events.

Please stay very healthy.

David
Street class is the next big thing.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Ed Holley wrote:Prediction: Stock classes will continue to have diminished entries until such time as they become street tire only classes. The cost of, and frequency of purchase required for R Comps are just too expensive for MOST entrants. And while the RT classes are popular for the moment, the vast number of entrants will begin to feel they are just also-rans. What will happen is what IS happening. Entrants will take it upon themselves to enter into street tire "agreements" in stock classes.
Check out April Fasttrack.

Looks like R Comps are going bye-bye. Who woulda thought? Oh ya, it was ME. :gpower:
2001 NB Miata
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Tom Tanquary »

apparently someone was listening.... :computer: :thumbup: :gpower:

and camber plates were on my wish list ever since I got the car :heyes:
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Ed Holley wrote: Check out April Fasttrack.

Looks like R Comps are going bye-bye. Who woulda thought? Oh ya, it was ME. :gpower:
You started the SK regional classes? I didn't know that... So why didn't you use them? }:)
Mark D.
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Mark DeShon wrote:

You started the SK regional classes? I didn't know that... So why didn't you use them? }:)
Mark D.
Try to keep up, Mark. ;)
2001 NB Miata
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Ed Holley wrote: Try to keep up, Mark. ;)
:roll:
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Ed Holley wrote:
Mark DeShon wrote:

Mark D.
Try to keep up, Mark. ;)
I could offer you the same advice. :lol:
Mark D.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Tom Tanquary wrote:and camber plates were on my wish list ever since I got the car :heyes:
Did someone say camber plates!?! :heyes: :heyes: :heyes:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Well looks like BS doesn't have a class afterall. Ralph Elder runs in DS but has a screwed up registration, and the other guy is signed up in the wrong class (he's running RT 2 with Tim Aing)...