Top Time of Day ... under Event Results ?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Top Time of Day ... under Event Results ?

Post by Mako Koiwai »

What is the difference between Street Prepared and Super Street Prepared ?
Tom Denham
Club: PSCC
Car#: 237

Re: Top Time of Day ... under Event Results ?

Post by Tom Denham »

Mako Koiwai wrote:What is the difference between Street Prepared and Super Street Prepared ?

One is super one is not . }:)
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

You need to ask the proper question. Took me awhile to get what you were really asking. Should have been "How come I'm not shown as TTOD for Street Prepared? I had the fastest time." Turns out SSP was not marked as being in Street Prepared Category in AXWare when the class definitions were updated for this year. Fixed.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Rick Brown wrote:Should have been "How come I'm not shown as TTOD for Street Prepared? I had the fastest time."
:lol:
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

2nd Highest TTD ... right behind Touring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jimmy Duong
Car#: 820

Post by Jimmy Duong »

Rick Brown wrote:You need to ask the proper question. Took me awhile to get what you were really asking. Should have been "How come I'm not shown as TTOD for Street Prepared? I had the fastest time." Turns out SSP was not marked as being in Street Prepared Category in AXWare when the class definitions were updated for this year. Fixed.
"How come I'm not shown as TTOD for Novice? I had the fastest time."

Note: http://youtu.be/JFOoEOcFZ3o?t=1m33s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone may be paxed incorrectly?
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

1T STC 514 Jay Tingzon 1993 Nissan 240sx
2T STR 820 Jimmy Duong 1994 Mazda Miata

Street Touring® Compact (STC )
Nissan
200SX SE-R (1995-98)
240SX
Sentra SE (1998-2001)
Sentra SE-R (1991-94)
NX2000 (1991-94)
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Jimmy Duong

Post by Jimmy Duong »

Bobby Beyer wrote:1T STC 514 Jay Tingzon 1993 Nissan 240sx

Nissan
200SX SE-R (1995-98)
240SX
Sentra SE (1998-2001)
Sentra SE-R (1991-94)
NX2000 (1991-94)
Does me running in the last group make any difference? Or was I just misled by the commentary? lol.
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Announcements are never official.

Its a bit frustrating but you have to wait till its compiled before its official. I was in your boat quite a few times last year, its just the way it is.
I don't like the fact the Novice group is broken up like it is, but thats the way CSCC likes to do it

Just go faster so he can't catch up }:)
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Jimmy Duong wrote: Someone may be paxed incorrectly?
Speaking of PAX classing, what did you do to your car to make it STR?
Jimmy Duong

Post by Jimmy Duong »

Bobby Beyer wrote:Announcements are never official.

Its a bit frustrating but you have to wait till its compiled before its official. I was in your boat quite a few times last year, its just the way it is.
I don't like the fact the Novice group is broken up like it is, but thats the way CSCC likes to do it

Too bad I didn't get a picture of his car with CST plastered on it while I was working course...
Jimmy Duong

Post by Jimmy Duong »

Jeff Stuart wrote:
I wasn't referring to myself being paxed incorrectly, I'm paxed correct.

You know, 15x9 wheels, raceland coilovers, loud ass exhaust. Okay kidding about the racelands.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Jimmy Duong wrote:
Jeff Stuart wrote:
I wasn't referring to myself being paxed incorrectly, I'm paxed correct.

You know, 15x9 wheels, raceland coilovers, loud ass exhaust. Okay kidding about the racelands.
I know you weren't, I was working course when you ran and saw the STR placard on your car, as well a noticeable improvement in handling. It seems like maybe you have plans for further improvements?
Jimmy Duong

Post by Jimmy Duong »

Jeff Stuart wrote: I know you weren't, I was working course when you ran and saw the STR placard on your car, as well a noticeable improvement in handling. It seems like maybe you have plans for further improvements?
No further plans for improvements at this point. I prefer my car now with the STR pax in novice over my car before with the ESK pax. I would've preferred to go to STS actually, but I have a torsen and don't care to remove it right now and convert the car to a base package.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Jimmy Duong wrote:
Bobby Beyer wrote:Announcements are never official.

Too bad I didn't get a picture of his car with CST plastered on it while I was working course...
CST is a catch all class so he could easily be STC legal. If you know of something that makes his car not STC legal, that should be the basis of your protest.
Jimmy Duong

Post by Jimmy Duong »

Rick Brown wrote: CST is a catch all class so he could easily be STC legal. If you know of something that makes his car not STC legal, that should be the basis of your protest.
Okay let me explain how I interpret this. Theoretically speaking, I could register in motorsportreg with the Class Novice and with an STS Pax Index. Show up on Sunday and put CST NOV on my car and run with the CST group, because its a "catch all" class. Then when results are tabulated, have my raw time be STS paxed because that was the index I chose at registration. But when in reality my car is STR trimmed. Then wait for other novices, who generally have no idea of car classing, to protest me?
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative
Car#: 513

Post by Jonathan Hartendorp »

Bobby Beyer wrote:1T STC 514 Jay Tingzon 1993 Nissan 240sx

Nissan
200SX SE-R (1995-98)
240SX
Sentra SE (1998-2001)
Sentra SE-R (1991-94)
NX2000 (1991-94)

I think it was a reg error- I know Jay and his 240sx and he does run in "NOV CST" and not STC.

He was in the same grid line when I was running which was in CST class which was the run group right after lunch.

Hope that clarifies things up a bit, just need to correct it in the results :thumbup:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Jimmy Duong wrote:
Rick Brown wrote: CST is a catch all class so he could easily be STC legal. If you know of something that makes his car not STC legal, that should be the basis of your protest.
Okay let me explain how I interpret this. Theoretically speaking, I could register in motorsportreg with the Class Novice and with an STS Pax Index. Show up on Sunday and put CST NOV on my car and run with the CST group, because its a "catch all" class. Then when results are tabulated, have my raw time be STS paxed because that was the index I chose at registration. But when in reality my car is STR trimmed. Then wait for other novices, who generally have no idea of car classing, to protest me?
If you are running NOV you can pick any class you are eligible for, including CST. But you are supposed to run with the class you pick. And the class you run with is the class that should get used for the index, assuming it wasn't just a simple noobie mistake or you had requested permission to run out of class or there was a registration error. Of course running with CST if you are ST* legal would not be too bright since it's index is higher than any ST* class. Since other people are obviously paying attention to this stuff, if you do what you described (intentionally try to game the system), I personally would have you disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Based on Jonathon's statement, he should simply be re-classed to NOV/CST. No problem, will do it tonight.
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

Jimmy Duong wrote:

No, because now everyone knows your car isn't STS legal, so your fellow STS competitors can protest you and you will be DQ'ed from the event. }:)

Run in STR, or if you want to run at a different time of day (or don't like having your butt kicked) you can also run CST or C Street Prepared. Also, you can enter as Time Only and run with whatever class you like.
Jimmy Duong

Post by Jimmy Duong »

I was not implying that I was going to do that, I was posing a theoretic situation similar to what had happened. And one that could easily fly under the radar. I've registered and ran with the proper run groups in the past and will continue to do so. Thanks for hearing and responding to my concerns.