General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

2014 RT*/Street/Stock Explanation

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Since it takes a fairly significant amount of time to find and understand all the information on the subject, I've attempted to write it all down (AFAIK) here. If anyone sees anything wrong please let me know...
:computer:
RTR/RTA/RTF will not exist next year, and instead will be replaced with Street versions of each stock class. For 2014, the minimum treadware for Street will be 140. From 2015 on it will 200.

For 2014 only, the Stock classes will stick around, and I believe their class lettering will be ?SR (? is S,A,B,etc..), where the R I guess stands for "Racing" tires I guess.

The new Street classes will be run alongside the Stock classes, and their class lettering will be ?S. There will be two separate "Appendix A"s (the section of the rules that says which cars are in which class), one for Stock and one for Street. Starting in 2015, all ?SR classes other than SSR will be done away with leaving only the ?S classes and SSR.

The most recent version of the full Street class rules can be found in the June Fastrack: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... e-solo.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The most recent version* of the Street Appendix A can be found in the August Fastrack: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... g-solo.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The changes in rules between Stock and Street can be found in the June Fastrack, but they're mostly the same, with the following two key differences:
  • ±1" diameter (from stock) wheels may be used. You must still use the same width as stock, and the offset rules are the same.
  • There's an allowance to "defeat" any traction control or stability systems that don't come with a factory method of disabling them
*Thus far all Appendix A listings have had HS cars combined into GS to make one class, but the October Fastrack reversed that, so I don't think there is currently an officially published Appendix A with HS and GS separated out.

Hope that helps!
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Re: 2014 RT*/Street/Stock Explanation

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Jeff Stuart wrote:... class lettering will be ?SR (? is S,A,B,etc..),...
I love all this class manipulation:
http://www.JayComVinyl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

Jay W
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

That's the first I've heard of parallel classes. So will the two Appendix A's be with different car mixes? IE some D street car might cross to E stock etc?

And is this all a go, or is it still evolving and lacking BOD final approval?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Bill Martin wrote:That's the first I've heard of parallel classes. So will the two Appendix A's be with different car mixes? IE some D street car might cross to E stock etc?

And is this all a go, or is it still evolving and lacking BOD final approval?
Yes, no direct correlation between street and race classification.

It is a package sent to BoD for approval at this stage.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Bill Martin wrote:That's the first I've heard of parallel classes.
They announced it at the SCCA town hall meeting at nationals. I haven't been able to find official minutes from that meeting, but I read about what was announced.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Quick update:
  • Yes, the Street proposal is going to be presented to the BoD for approval at their October meeting. I understand people against it have taken to writing the BoD directly, but the latest I've heard is advocates for Street have done the same and the volume is strong. This makes sense, considering the massive number of submissions to the SEB in favor of the Street proposal.
  • Yes, the Parallel Classes concept is something in all versions of the Street proposals, and they're proposed through the end of 2014. This is intended to allow people time to adapt, rather than being dumped into a huge change "cold turkey."
  • The exact class labels when we run in parallel - assuming the BoD approves the Street proposal - is to put everything in Street. Anyone running today's Stock will run in their same class in Street R. If you were in AS, you'll now need ASR on the side of your car. If you're running in the A Street, you only need AS. At the end of 2014, the plan is for ASR - HSR to expire, leaving SSR and SS - HS in play.
  • Street R and Street will have separate Appendix A listings. (Assuming Street is approved...)
Bear in mind today's Stock rules apply specifically to Street R next year. The Street (non-R) rules don't apply, so you can't move up or down an inch in wheel diameter in Street R.

I hope that helps.

Mike