General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Congratulations, Tom Berry!

Post by Bill Schenker »

To win the Overall Champs in our region which has so many great drivers is a true achievement; second only to a National Championships I think; congratulations for winning yet another, Tom!
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Congratulations, Tom Berry!

Post by George Schilling »

Bill Schenker wrote:To win the Overall Champs in our region which has so many great drivers is a true achievement; second only to a National Championships I think; congratulations for winning yet another, Tom!
Ditto what Bill said. And congrats to you Bill as well on a great season long battle. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Nice driving to our top two PAX'ers.....

Tom, you were so smooth and blazing fast on that first run, especially compared against Marshall ;)
If I recall, the first run was fast enough for the Win!
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

I have to give you credit Bill for making Berry family racing work as hard to win a local event as we do trying to win a national championship. It took a 100% effort from the whole team to barely sneak past you.
Bill Schenker
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Marshall Grice wrote:I have to give you credit Bill for making Berry family racing work as hard to win a local event as we do trying to win a national championship. It took a 100% effort from the whole team to barely sneak past you.
Kind of you to say, Marshall. But that wasn't sneaking by me; that was an out-in-the-open-in-broad-daylight butt whoopin'! :D

I really felt like I left it all out on the course, which in a way is a good feeling, 'though winning DOES feel better :lol:
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Bill Schenker wrote:
Marshall Grice wrote:I have to give you credit Bill for making Berry family racing work as hard to win a local event as we do trying to win a national championship. It took a 100% effort from the whole team to barely sneak past you.
Kind of you to say, Marshall. But that wasn't sneaking by me; that was an out-in-the-open-in-broad-daylight butt whoopin'! :D

I really felt like I left it all out on the course, which in a way is a good feeling, 'though winning DOES feel better :lol:
less than 8 point difference out of 800 possible points over the year i think qualifies as sneaking by.

btw you scored 93 points yesterday, nearly the exact same margin you and Tom have been trading back and forth all year. It just seems bigger because the course was longer than normal.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

It was an education to watch two great drivers in two amazing cars face off. Great stuff from both Tom and Bill. But CASOC is home to the champion. Thanks Tom! :mrgreen:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Fun to watch, for sure! In addition to great driving, I saw great sportsmanship from these two true champions! A great example for us all. Bill and Tom, keep up the good work. :thumbup:
Mark D.
Tom Berry
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Thanks Bill. You are a great competitor, and you always push me to do my best driving to stay with you at local events. Congrats on a great season, and I look forward to more of the same tough competition next year.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Seniors Rule!

Across the street they had the final event of their SuperSeries Karting Championship. A Master driver (over 40) won by 8 points, the equivalent of ONE PLACE over 11 races of wheel to wheel races.