Combining Street Preppared

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Alex Valencia
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 304

Combining Street Preppared

Post by Alex Valencia »

Any thoughts on this for our region? Since there has been low turn outs, would it be a good idea?
Just throwing it out there.
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 30

Re: Combining Street Preppared

Post by Anthony P. »

6/7 in pax is street prepared. I wouldn't mind mixing SP together, i remember something about bump classes in prosolo etc...
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Guys, if you want this let us know. We can combine and reassess points from the start of the year, but the decision should happen soon.

Mike
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Pax currently supports two types of competitiors. The best of the best who want to beat on each other. And those in undersubscribed classes who don't want to drive alone. I would think the latter get a bit overwhelmed by the former. Perhaps a Pax Pro and a Pax Combined to allow those groups to separate. Self-classing, run where you want.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

I've always thought of Pax as the place where our "outlier" drivers run, so as not to upset the balance of competition in the base classes.

Bill is right - there's an option to set up a Pro Pax and Pax groups, but we kinda do that already. We have Street and Street R in index classes, Prepared in an index class, Mod in an indexed class, and of course Pro Pax would just be the current Pax participants.

What would our members prefer: add an indexed SP class so the members running in their respective SP classes can have some fun competition, or create the two-tiered Pro Pax / Pax classes?

Personally I think the latter could create scheduling trouble for us and I wouldn't like to go that direction, and "Indexed SP" is slam-dunk easy and makes sense, but I'm just one person.

Mike
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Mike Simanyi wrote:I've always thought of Pax as the place where our "outlier" drivers run, so as not to upset the balance of competition in the base classes.

Bill is right - there's an option to set up a Pro Pax and Pax groups, but we kinda do that already. We have Street and Street R in index classes, Prepared in an index class, Mod in an indexed class, and of course Pro Pax would just be the current Pax participants.

What would our members prefer: add an indexed SP class so the members running in their respective SP classes can have some fun competition, or create the two-tiered Pro Pax / Pax classes?

Personally I think the latter could create scheduling trouble for us and I wouldn't like to go that direction, and "Indexed SP" is slam-dunk easy and makes sense, but I'm just one person.

Mike
Indexed SP makes the most sense to me. Doesn't even require class lettering changes on the cars. Easy setup changes in the computer and on MSR.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Rick Brown wrote:
Mike Simanyi wrote:I've always thought of Pax as the place where our "outlier" drivers run, so as not to upset the balance of competition in the base classes.

Mike
Indexed SP makes the most sense to me. Doesn't even require class lettering changes on the cars. Easy setup changes in the computer and on MSR.
Makes the most sense to me also. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Marshall Grice
Club: CASOC
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

sounds like fun to me also.

}:)
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Hey, Mr. Outlier! Move along. Nothing to see here...
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Looking at the SP participation from last year........ It would be Pro pax and Probably Pax.... :D I was under the impression there were more SP drivers.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Alex, I hope to be back soon for you to have someone to beat up on. Still trying to get break in miles on the engine, and trying to decide how I am going to handle getting the instrument cluster and AC controller fixed.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

This was voted on and passed at the Board Meeting on Wednesday. MSR is updated with SP as the combined Street Prepared class, then you just pick your index from the PAX drop down. ASP through FSP are no longer available in the class listing. You only need your base class on your car, i.e., ASP, BSP, etc. Don't need a separate SP.

Those that choose to run this class can have their points from the first two events run in other classes moved if you want, just let us (me and Christine Berry) know so we can update results and points.
Alex Valencia
Car#: 304

Post by Alex Valencia »

Rick Brown wrote:This was voted on and passed at the Board Meeting on Wednesday. MSR is updated with SP as the combined Street Prepared class, then you just pick your index from the PAX drop down. ASP through FSP are no longer available in the class listing. You only need your base class on your car, i.e., ASP, BSP, etc. Don't need a separate SP.

Those that choose to run this class can have their points from the first two events run in other classes moved if you want, just let us (me and Christine Berry) know so we can update results and points.
Sweet! Count me in! Can I ask you here to transfer my points?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Alex Valencia wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:This was voted on and passed at the Board Meeting on Wednesday. MSR is updated with SP as the combined Street Prepared class, then you just pick your index from the PAX drop down. ASP through FSP are no longer available in the class listing. You only need your base class on your car, i.e., ASP, BSP, etc. Don't need a separate SP.

Sweet! Count me in! Can I ask you here to transfer my points?
Sure. Don't know how soon we'll get to it, but noted.

Now go out and recruit some more for the class.
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

I would be game if Its ok if we start it in the morning run group. My calender is limited in March. :roll: