New website!

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

New website!

Post by Mark DeShon »

Looks great! Thanks to whoever did all the work. :thumbup: I've gotta spend some time thumbing through it now. :P
Mark D.
Guy Walker
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 84

Re: New website!

Post by Guy Walker »

it does look great! although, the menus are positioned underneath the youtube videos which makes seeing them and using them difficult!

FYI - using IE11
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Adam Tarnoff
Club: CASOC
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

New website? for solo2...???
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

After 12+ years, I have passed the torch to Leonard Cachola. It's looking pretty good, Leonard!
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

Had to clear my cache; man, that's a nice look design. Looks great in Chrome!
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Looks nice, but...........

Doesn't seem to format correctly for me. Firefox on widescreen monitor. Things are kinda squished together in the middle of the screen. Are the 3 videos supposed to be next to each other? I've got two on top then one below, right justified. The calendar is showing up wider than the rest of it, all to the right. While the links show up correctly at the top and seem to work, there is a plain text version below the calendar.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Guy Walker wrote:it does look great! although, the menus are positioned underneath the youtube videos which makes seeing them and using them difficult!

FYI - using IE11
It's not happening with mine on Windows 8.1. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's a full menu you can use to navigate.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Guy Walker wrote:it does look great! although, the menus are positioned underneath the youtube videos which makes seeing them and using them difficult!

FYI - using IE11
It's not happening with mine on Windows 8.1. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's a full menu you can use to navigate.
There are some issues in Firefox, as described above, but I like the freshness of it and overall design and layout. Just a matter of debugging.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Rick Brown wrote:Looks nice, but...........

Doesn't seem to format correctly for me. Firefox on widescreen monitor. Things are kinda squished together in the middle of the screen. Are the 3 videos supposed to be next to each other? I've got two on top then one below, right justified. The calendar is showing up wider than the rest of it, all to the right. While the links show up correctly at the top and seem to work, there is a plain text version below the calendar.
What OS?

The plain text version is supposed to be there - it's supposed to be white/gray over gray.
~Leonard Cachola
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Not seeing it????
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

FYI - using IE11
Try it again - should work now.
~Leonard Cachola
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Not seeing it????
You have to clear your browser cache to see it.
~Leonard Cachola
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Doesn't seem to format correctly for me. Firefox on widescreen monitor. Things are kinda squished together in the middle of the screen.
Windows 7 and Firefox, I presume? I had the same issue until I cleared the browser cache and restarted Firefox.
~Leonard Cachola
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

I would love to see the new solo2.com. Tried clearing the history on both the Firefox and Chrome, then a restart. Still no luck. Then I did the unthinkable........Internet Explorer. No luck. Help me Leonard.....help me please! :cry:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Leonard Cachola wrote:

Doesn't seem to format correctly for me. Firefox on widescreen monitor. Things are kinda squished together in the middle of the screen.
Windows 7 and Firefox, I presume?
Yes. 7 Ultimate at work and 7 Home at home. Don't know about work, but it's working at home. So I know nothing about web design, why do some resize to fit the screen and some not? The new site fills about 1/2 of my wide screen monitors.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Rick Brown wrote: Yes. 7 Ultimate at work and 7 Home at home. Don't know about work, but it's working at home. So I know nothing about web design, why do some resize to fit the screen and some not? The new site fills about 1/2 of my wide screen monitors.
The videos should appear as three across on the page - if not, then you'll have to clear your browser cache and/or flush the dns (https://www.google.com/#q=dns+flush), then restart the browser.

The current site width is 840px to accommodate for the widest number of desktop monitors possible. I'll have to code it for responsive design in order for it to scale in width for smartphones, tablets, and widescreen monitors. It's something I've been looking at, just haven't had the time to implement.
Last edited by Leonard Cachola on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Leonard Cachola
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

George Schilling wrote:I would love to see the new solo2.com. Tried clearing the history on both the Firefox and Chrome, then a restart. Still no luck. Then I did the unthinkable........Internet Explorer. No luck. Help me Leonard.....help me please! :cry:
I've had the same issues here - here's what I did:

You'll have to clear the browser cache AND do a dns flush on your computer (https://www.google.com/#q=dns+flush), then restart the browser to see the new site.
~Leonard Cachola
John Fendel
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

The new web site is very slick.
I did the clear dns cache before going into it.
I still have a problem with some of the pull-downs being behind the video clips.
Also, I went into the 2013 Sup Regs and it wouldn't let me go back.
Finally, where is the list of points card holders? The one that was on the old site wasn't up to date, but is was some help. I use it to edit the results when I am doing the team points.
I will need something up by the next event.
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

John Fendel wrote:The new web site is very slick.
I did the clear dns cache before going into it.
I still have a problem with some of the pull-downs being behind the video clips.
I haven't been able to replicate the problem. What's the OS and browser?
Also, I went into the 2013 Sup Regs and it wouldn't let me go back.
The link just opens the Sup Reg PDF. You should just be able to hit the back button on your browser to go back.
Finally, where is the list of points card holders? The one that was on the old site wasn't up to date, but is was some help. I use it to edit the results when I am doing the team points.
I will need something up by the next event.
The list is currently maintained by Membership Chairman Kurt Rahn. You can contact him at membership@solo2.com.
~Leonard Cachola
Guy Walker
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

Leonard Cachola wrote:

FYI - using IE11
Try it again - should work now.
wmode=transparent did the trick! looks fine now!
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Rick Brown wrote:Things are kinda squished together in the middle of the screen.
Finally found the source of the problem this morning. Let me know if it's still an issue.
~Leonard Cachola
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Guy Walker wrote: wmode=transparent did the trick! looks fine now!
Good to know - None of the systems I tried had the problem. After John Fendel made a comment after I added the wmode switch to the old code, I went back on to youTube and grabbed new code and added the wmode switch.
~Leonard Cachola
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
George Schilling wrote:I would love to see the new solo2.com. Tried clearing the history on both the Firefox and Chrome, then a restart. Still no luck. Then I did the unthinkable........Internet Explorer. No luck. Help me Leonard.....help me please! :cry:
I've had the same issues here - here's what I did:

You'll have to clear the browser cache AND do a dns flush on your computer (https://www.google.com/#q=dns+flush), then restart the browser to see the new site.
Got on at work......no problem. I'll do the DNS flush on my home computers.

The site looks great Leonard. I'm sure there are many things we eventually need to update. One I noticed are the onsite directions at El Toro. If it's an easy fix, whoever did the map may want to rework the area where we run. It shows coming in on a road that no longer exists.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

George Schilling wrote:The site looks great Leonard. I'm sure there are many things we eventually need to update. One I noticed are the onsite directions at El Toro. If it's an easy fix, whoever did the map may want to rework the area where we run. It shows coming in on a road that no longer exists.
I'll put it on the list of things to do to the site - I'll work on getting it done this weekend so it'll be ready for the Pro. Also noticed the Novice Guide needs updating and I'd like to update the look of several of the PDFs as well to better match the site.
~Leonard Cachola
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Nice job... looks good,
and for testing purposes works well on an old XP Pro w/ Firefox.

Thank you for designing it so non- widescreen monitors don't have to scroll back and forth side to side.