Sharon and Ed Holley, did something happen to the Ford?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

David Barrish
Club: PSCC
Car#: 58

Sharon and Ed Holley, did something happen to the Ford?

Post by David Barrish »

Just past the 395 overpass, the tow truck was on site and it looked like you were going to unload the Miata, everything OK?
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Re: Sharon and Ed Holley, did something happen to the Ford?

Post by Sebastian Rios »

I stopped to make sure they were OK. The serpentine belt broke, AAA pulled up just after I did.
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Re: Sharon and Ed Holley, did something happen to the Ford?

Post by Ed Holley »

David Barrish wrote:Just past the 395 overpass, the tow truck was on site and it looked like you were going to unload the Miata, everything OK?
Ya, Seb got it right. After some strategizing, the AAA tow driver hauled the Expedition to the next exit, a couple miles to a Park-n-Ride next to a Mobil station at the 15 and Highway 76. THEN, he came back and got the trailer and illegally (it did not fit corrrectly on the flatbed tow truck) hauled it to the same location. THEN, he called a fellow driver and the two of them man-handled it into position and re-connected it to the Expedition. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Today, I drove the 95 Miata back down there, an hour and 45 minutes, and spent about 2 hours installing a new serpentine belt. Once everything checked out, I drove the 95 onto the trailer and headed home without incident.

Thank you to Seb, Shauna and David for stopping. It was greatly appreciated. And thank you David B. for your concern. All is well.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata