getting back into the game

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Re: getting back into the game

Post by Craig Naylor »

Calender of events can be found on: solo2.com, but event details are posted here on the forum in the events section.

Practice event registration by most sponsor clubs is now online, Championship events (now called "Autocross Sunday" for the everyone wins, cause I don't want to compete that's scary, child society) are both online, and in person.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

The calendar at solo2.com is a good thing to check and has links. However, event details are found at solo2.motorsportreg.com (commonly referred to as MSR). Only announcements of them opening for registration are found in the forums. There are no events currently listed on MSR, but the next event or two should be up by the end of this week.

A list of all 2014 CSCC Solo dates is here: CSCC 2014 Dates
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

yes
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Craig Naylor wrote:Championship events (now called "Autocross Sunday" for the everyone wins, cause I don't want to compete that's scary, child society) are both online, and in person.
Craig, Buddy....you know very well that this is just an effort at better marketing. Newbies may be reluctant, or misunderstanding of the term "CHAMP" and, as a result, be less apt to enter thinking they are not worthy. BTW, you really need to start stepping up and kicking Pete's ass...consistently. ;)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Few people in our sport can go as fast as Craig does in the vehicles he usually runs.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Few people in our sport can go as fast as Craig does in the vehicles he usually runs.
Thanks Steve, that was very kind. On that note, I was humbled a few years back by Ken M. when he drove the Integra. I had one of my best events ever, and beat my class (Sk2) by nearly 3 seconds that day. Ken then womped on me in my car by an additional 2 to 3 seconds, on his one and only lap in the car.
I actually have a fear of owning a truly prepped car, not sure I could live up to what I can accomplish with an under prepped car. At least when I borrow a car and stumble, I can place some blame it on not knowing the car well enough.

Back on subject, what happened to the post that started the thread? I didn't think the originating post could be deleted, and the quote I included of the original post could disappear too.
dihrdzr

Post by dihrdzr »

So how soon before the event happens, that you can register? Ive looked on the MSR and it doesn't show the June 7-8 solo2 event at el toro. This is all based on the idea that im even negotiating the site correctly.
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

dihrdzr wrote:So how soon before the event happens, that you can register? Ive looked on the MSR and it doesn't show the June 7-8 solo2 event at el toro. This is all based on the idea that im even negotiating the site correctly.
I don't think that event is live yet on MSR.
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

It varies. But usually about a week after the previous event for the do-ers get some rest.

Jay W
dihrdzr wrote:So how soon before the event happens, that you can register? Ive looked on the MSR and it doesn't show the June 7-8 solo2 event at el toro. This is all based on the idea that im even negotiating the site correctly.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Normally George or I would have put the events up by now, but there is some decision making going on in the background that needs to be settled before we can do it.
Jayson Woodruff wrote:It varies. But usually about a week after the previous event for the do-ers get some rest.

Jay W
dihrdzr

Post by dihrdzr »

could any one tell me if the GCR is the scca rule book? im trying to sign up for a points event and it ask for a page number from the GCR, im guessing to see where I got the vehicle classification.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

dihrdzr wrote:could any one tell me if the GCR is the scca rule book? im trying to sign up for a points event and it ask for a page number from the GCR, im guessing to see where I got the vehicle classification.
What event are you trying to register for? None of our (autocross) events ask such a question. The GCR are the rules for road racing. The Solo Rules are for us. Located HERE
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Rick Brown wrote:
dihrdzr wrote:could any one tell me if the GCR is the scca rule book? im trying to sign up for a points event and it ask for a page number from the GCR, im guessing to see where I got the vehicle classification.
What event are you trying to register for? None of our (autocross) events ask such a question. The GCR are the rules for road racing. The Solo Rules are for us. Located HERE

Well, maybe. There are perhaps three dozen references to the GCR in our rulebook, so it's not impossible. If you really need the GCR you can find it on SCCA.com under Downloads/Club Racing Rules. Look for a list of months because they update the GCR every month. But unless you're doing some modified class thing or messing with roll cages, you probably don't need to go there.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Bill is correct, but it should not be relevant here. If you encountered a reference to GCR while registering for an event on the MSR registration site, then you are trying to register for the wrong event. The only exception to that would be in the garage creating car profiles where optional questions may reference other forms of racing since it is a single profile page for all types of events. For example, asking for your transponder number.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Steve Ekstrand wrote: For example, asking for your transponder number.
Wait a minute, I wasn't suppost to enter the number off my ankle tracker?

Jay W
dihrdzr

Post by dihrdzr »

actually I started this post, but had some strange log in issues so had to restart from scratch, so it doesn't show that info anymore. why? I have no idea, but its working for me here now.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

your user name looks like a spambot, and your account has been deleted multiple times.