STS ride this weekend?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Marc Leininger
Club: No$
Car#: 411

STS ride this weekend?

Post by Marc Leininger »

Sooo yeah my cars in the shop getting repairs done for that really sweet dent that I had on the drivers side and the long and the short of it is that the car will not be done for this weekend so here's my question; (cough* grown man voice) Is there a possibility that someone that is running STS this weekend might have an empty seat? I am well aware of the fact that I am your competition (be it not much this year) and you would be assisting me in gathering points but I figured it was worth a try.

Well let me know I'll figure something out if not, Thanks :D
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Re: STS ride this weekend?

Post by Art Rinner »

Marc,
The biggest problem is I think many are up north.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Hi Marc.... bad weekend for the car to be in the shop. You had a door left wide open to take 1st place points at this event!

Myself, Mike & Terrence will all be at the Crows Landing Pro Solo this weekend. I believe Pete may be out of town, wedding attendee??? So don't know if even Art has a ride. As I said wide open door....

OR... got another car for transportation? Sign up for the Pro come on up, and drive my car there! :thumbup:
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Marc, On a different note, do you see the error below?

STS
Number Name Club #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 Total
1 777 Pete Loney SCNAX 98.015 100.000 96.521 100.000 100.000 494.536
2 83 Art Rinner SCNAX 89.364 96.018 95.298 96.096 92.864 469.639
3 820 Jimmy Duong SCNAX 92.474 95.787 92.982 93.525 93.628 468.397
4 307 Terence Chang SCNAX 80.846 95.080 95.679 92.715 78.388 442.708
5 411 Marc Leininger No Bucks 81.565 87.360 94.880 88.445 90.095 442.346
6 227 Mike Kazmierczak SCNAX 85.685 95.982 100.000 95.188 0.000 376.854
7 353 Lily Liu SCNAX 0.000 90.701 97.116 93.385 0.000 281.201
8 80 Craig Naylor SCNAX 100.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 96.849 196.849
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

Craig Naylor wrote:Marc, On a different note, do you see the error below?

5 411 Marc Leininger No Bucks 81.565 87.360 94.880 88.445 90.095 442.346
I guess it's the fact that I got an extra 0.001 point than the math adds up to. Clearly your not familiar with office space. I wrote a CPU subroutine and then hacked into the NSA through a Verizon Iphone and uploaded it to an off shore hard drive that channeled it through the People's Republic of China into the SCCA Mainframe that then got uploaded to everyone that has ever logged into SCCA.com. But I seem to be as good at righting software as I am at picking times to send my car to the body shop and I was only able to get a lousy 0.001 extra points... DAMMIT that suck I thought no one would notice with the whole prisoner exchange thing in the news... :twisted:

BTW my car was supposed to be done this week, but My budy who is doing the work's mother had heart surgery and that delayed things a bit...
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

Ed Rooney: So far this semester he has been absent nine times.
Katie Bueller: Nine times?
Ed Rooney: Nine times.
Katie Bueller: I don't remember him being sick nine times.
Ed Rooney: That's probably because he wasn't sick. He was skipping school. Wake up and smell the coffee, Mrs. Bueller. It's a fool's paradise. He is just leading you down the primrose path.
Katie Bueller: I can't believe it.
Ed Rooney: I've got it right here in front of me. He has missed nine days...
[His computer screen begins counting down from nine to two. Ferris is at home looking at the same screen]
Ferris: I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

I suppose a stock miata fitting the criteria would work.... its would just be slower... or calling ED
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

I have read over the rules and I think I should be good if I just pick a slower car class and bring it up to STS? Right? I found a flow chart thingy in the back of the rule book but I'm not to sure.

oh and I rewrote the program I should be in the lead this time tomorrow 8-)
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

There can never be too many "Ed" mentions in a thread.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Marc Leininger wrote:I have read over the rules and I think I should be good if I just pick a slower car class and bring it up to STS? Right? I found a flow chart thingy in the back of the rule book but I'm not to sure.

"Slower car"... ok, but must be STS legal. Ie, can't just bring a Yogo GT out on bald 13's, must be (any car) specifically listed in STS, even if underprepared.

Thanks for bringing the math issue to the forefront.... but that wasn't the error I was pointing out. We'll call that a foul ball, vs. a strike, but since it was the first pitch, it count's as a strike anyway. Want to swing again? :mrgreen:

You said your friend was fixing the existing dent, can't you just grab the car for a partial day? Or did the dent grow? :oops:
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Marc Leininger wrote:I have read over the rules and I think I should be good if I just pick a slower car class and bring it up to STS? Right? I found a flow chart thingy in the back of the rule book but I'm not to sure.

"Slower car"... ok, but must be STS legal. Ie, can't just bring a Yogo GT out on bald 13's, must be (any car) specifically listed in STS, even if underprepared.

Thanks for bringing the math issue to the forefront.... but that wasn't the error I was pointing out. We'll call that a foul ball, vs. a strike, but since it was the first pitch, it count's as a strike anyway. Want to swing again? :mrgreen:

You said your friend was fixing the existing dent, can't you just grab the car for a partial day? Or did the dent grow? :oops:
I think the anomaly is he is the only non SCNAX member in the class.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

Ok… this is totally cutting it to my productivity at work. My boss keeps looking at me like "what reports are those you’re working on?"
If it's something like my club deal I'm going to be pissed. I really was thinking it was sort of mathematical issue so I did all the math for the season up to this date and can’t find any anomalies. So if it’s the No Bucks deal than… Nancy Kerrigan comes to mind Craig. :o
I’m a SCNAX member down in SD but I've always run as a no bucks club. Oh well.
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

:twisted: Image
Jimmy Duong
Car#: 820

Post by Jimmy Duong »

Mark, I would've let you drive my car had I not already invited a first timer friend along to drive with me. Are we allowed to run out of group if its just you and I representing STS anyway? I don't know the rules regarding that.
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

That's a good question Jimmy. I thought I looked at the attendee list on MotorsportsReg and it looked like the whole gang was going to be there. Is it really just us two?
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Jimmy Duong wrote:Mark, I would've let you drive my car had I not already invited a first timer friend along to drive with me. Are we allowed to run out of group if its just you and I representing STS anyway? I don't know the rules regarding that.
Is your friend running in NOV? If so they can run in a different run group from STS no problem.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Marc Leininger wrote:So if it’s the No Bucks deal than… Nancy Kerrigan comes to mind Craig. :o
I’m a SCNAX member down in SD but I've always run as a no bucks club. Oh well.
Oh crud... I'm laughing, and feel really bad at the same time. Guess I need to keep my eyes out for Jeff Gillooly! :shock:

edit: If there was a math error, I would have just pointed it out to get it fixed, there's no fun to be had there. Truly, I'm so sorry you did all that.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Jeff Stuart wrote:
Jimmy Duong wrote:Mark, I would've let you drive my car had I not already invited a first timer friend along to drive with me. Are we allowed to run out of group if its just you and I representing STS anyway? I don't know the rules regarding that.
Is your friend running in NOV? If so they can run in a different run group from STS no problem.
I've been informed that I was wrong, NOVs are supposed to run at the same time as their base class.
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

THANK YOU!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped me find a ride this last weekend. I really appriciated it, got to drive Mr. Steve Lepper's Miata. Holy crap that car is clean! I suspect all of ours were that nice at one time maybe when mine had 11k miles as well. But Thank you again. :D
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

And first place too!!!! Awsome job. You may want to contact Rick about fixing the listed 2008 Toyota Yaris... so someone like myself does not spend time protesting that later in the year as a non legal car, forgetting you posted you ran Steves car, since I was not in attendance to see else wise.

Or maybe that extra work was purposefully placed "whats wrong with this picture".... payback :mrgreen:
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

Craig Naylor wrote:And first place too!!!! Awsome job. You may want to contact Rick about fixing the listed 2008 Toyota Yaris... so someone like myself does not spend time protesting that later in the year as a non legal car, forgetting you posted you ran Steves car, since I was not in attendance to see else wise.

Or maybe that extra work was purposefully placed "whats wrong with this picture".... payback :mrgreen:

Nice Craig, I was wondering if I wanted to do anything about the whole Yaris deal. I'll send a message to him and see if we can't get that fixed up.

I got First but not necessarily the way I wanted to. I had to crawl under Peter's car and Cut the exhaust while he wan't looking :twisted: No but seriously his exhaust decided that It would choose right then and there at the beginning of Art and his runs to break! I genuinely feel bad about taking a win like this. It's never fun winning because the top guys are gone or broke but I guess I'll take it right?!
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Pete too!?!

On my drive home from Crows Landing, I hit a particularly nasty pot whole just before climbing up the back side of the Grapevine. BIG chunk of cement missing. Immediately the car felt down on power, and volume of sound went up... I figured I broke something... as I climbed temp started rising too. While hearing the car run wrong, and watching the temp gauge, I dropped down form +++ posted, to 65, and continued the climb. Temp rose, but never went high enough I felt the need to pull over, but I did stop at the Rest Stop at Gorman. The car was running really ruff, but the temp came back down to normal-ish. Pulled back on the freeway, and under even basic acceleration, it felt really wrong... but it cruised fine, so I listened and watch closely the rest the way home. Once home I lifted the car to change tires, and took a look underneath. I have a HUGH 1.5 foot long dent in the longitudinal frame rail (crushed it about 1/2 way), and the front of my cat was hanging down. It was badly dented, and the bolts that should hold it on, had been ripped off.

All this was after discovering at Crows Landing I have a frozen caliper, and have been dragging a break for some time.

All exhaust issues were fix on Monday, and the caliper w/bracket (which is bent, unrelated to above) has been ordered. Don't think there is really anything that can be done about the frame rail though.
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

Team Blew and No Bux have dissolved into SCNAX.
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Marc Leininger

Post by Marc Leininger »

Jonathan Lugod wrote:Team Blew and No Bux have dissolved into SCNAX.
???, So by default I am now in SCNAX? I didn't hear any thing about this but then again I live under a rock from time to time. Renee would beat me within an inch of my life if she found out I left No $.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jonathan Lugod wrote:Team Blew and No Bux have dissolved into SCNAX.
Team Blew went away, but we at No$ aren't quite dead yet.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins