Trying to get the Guy's name

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Trying to get the Guy's name

Post by Ed Holley »

On Saturday at El Toro, there was a gentleman driving the white "kit car", actually a WRX-powered Factory Five Racing "818". Since this is a new model of "kit car" for Factory Five, and since we are the awards supplier for them, I am trying to let them know that one of their customers has finished his car and ran pretty strong for a first time out. Since this model is SO new, there are not many on the road as yet.

Can somebody identify this guy? He apparently only ran on Saturday, since I don't see his car listed on Sunday.

Thanks.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Ed Holley

Re: Trying to get the Guy's name

Post by Ed Holley »

bump
2001 NB Miata
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Ed Holley wrote:10 Jun 2014 12:55
Ed Holley wrote:10 Jun 2014 13:08 - bump
Really Ed? a 13minute bump? :roll:

Jay W
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:

Jay W
Really! Didn't want it to get buried. Get back to work. Nothing to see here. ;)
2001 NB Miata
Guy Walker
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

I rode with him and got his first name. Brandon, I think. I'm horrible with names.
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Kyoo Choe

Post by Kyoo Choe »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:

Jay W
LOL! :lol:

Yes, the guy's name was Brandon, tall & muscular guy.
He was parked next to me and it was his first time for autocross, came to shake down his just finished project, so I walked the course with him, along with Carol.

He told me he's a regular track person and was going to Streets of Willow this weekend, so maybe you can find his full name on the entry list for whoever is running Streets this weekend.

Very cool car, but I did not get a ride in it. :|
Suspension felt stiff as a rock from trying to rock the car by it's cage, must have been a blast.
He commented the car was very tail happy, perhaps due to the car being designed with a rear wing, which he had yet to put on.
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Kyoo Choe wrote:
He was parked next to me and it was his first time for autocross, came to shake down his just finished project, so I walked the course with him, along with Carol.

He told me he's a regular track person and was going to Streets of Willow this weekend, so maybe you can find his full name on the entry list for whoever is running Streets this weekend.

Suspension felt stiff as a rock from trying to rock the car by it's cage, must have been a blast.
He commented the car was very tail happy, perhaps due to the car being designed with a rear wing, which he had yet to put on.
Ya, he definitely had minimal body fat. I'm thinking of asking him to pound on Jason for awhile. 8-)
And when I spoke with him (forgetting to get his name) he mentioned that the car was tail happy. I'm sure that will get sorted out.
So, now I'm looking for "Brandon"'s last name. Maybe someone involved in registration for this event will post.
2001 NB Miata
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Ed Holley wrote:
Kyoo Choe wrote:

Ya, he definitely had minimal body fat. I'm thinking of asking him to pound on Jason for awhile. 8-)
And when I spoke with him (forgetting to get his name) he mentioned that the car was tail happy. I'm sure that will get sorted out.
So, now I'm looking for "Brandon"'s last name. Maybe someone involved in registration for this event will post.
From the Practice Entry List thread: Showalter, Brandon (Who woulda thought to look there...........?) You could even contact Navis and maybe get contact info.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Rick Brown wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:
Kyoo Choe wrote:

From the Practice Entry List thread: Showalter, Brandon (Who woulda thought to look there...........?) You could even contact Navis and maybe get contact info.
Thank you Rick. Wanted to make sure it was the correct "Brandon". But truthfully, I had not thought of the Practice list. That's why you make the big Solo bucks. ;)
2001 NB Miata