2015 Points Cards

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

2015 Points Cards

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Whoops! I just realized I never posted an announcement that points card renewals started on Oct. 1. So, starting about a week ago began accepting points card renewals. If you purchase a new points card, it'll be good for the rest of 2014 and all of 2015. What a bargain!

Just a refresher on how this process works. Between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31 you can renew your number and secure it for the next year. To purchase a points card, go here: http://www.solo2.com/purchasePointsCard.htm. To see which numbers are available, you can visit here: http://tinyurl.com/lvcwlar. Unfortunately, since we don't have a database anymore, this list may not be completely up to date.

On Jan. 1, your number is fair game and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The exception to this is the numbers in the protected range (1-199), which I will assign to people at my discretion based on a) how much you've competed in the last couple years, b) whether you are a competitor at national events where not having to have a new number made would be a benefit to you, and c) MOST IMPORTANTLY, how much you've assisted the region by contributing at events and generally being helpful. For instance, if you're the one helping clean up after the events, or you're the one volunteering to work the ProSolo challenges, or you're the first one to raise your hand when something is needed, your help will be rewarded. And vice versa.

Also please note that if you have a 1-199 number and haven't competed locally in the last three years, barring extenuating circumstances, your number will be made available. In other words, number squatting is no longer allowed.
Last edited by Kurt Rahn on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Re: 2015 Points Cards

Post by Arthur Grant »

Any reason why the numbers list requires permission to access it?

Request made.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Because I'm a dumba$$ when it comes to Google Docs. I couldn't figure out how to make it available to everyone. If anyone knows what I did wrong and how to fix it, please chime in.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Because I'm a dumba$$ when it comes to Google Docs. I couldn't figure out how to make it available to everyone. If anyone knows what I did wrong and how to fix it, please chime in.
Share it in the "anyone that has a link mode".
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Jeff Stuart wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:Because I'm a dumba$$ when it comes to Google Docs. I couldn't figure out how to make it available to everyone. If anyone knows what I did wrong and how to fix it, please chime in.
Share it in the "anyone that has a link mode".
I can't find a place that lets me do that. Can you take a screenshot of it?
==============
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Kurt Rahn wrote: I can't find a place that lets me do that. Can you take a screenshot of it?
With the doc open, click the blue Share button, top right.

You should see a screen something like this: https://www.shorttutorials.com/google-d ... dsheet.jpg
If you don't you may need to click "advanced" at the bottom right.

Click the "Change..." link, then select "Anyone with a link"

Then copy the link at the top of the share dialog and make a tinyurl out of that (or just post it here)
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Jeff Stuart wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote: I can't find a place that lets me do that. Can you take a screenshot of it?
With the doc open, click the blue Share button, top right.

You should see a screen something like this: https://www.shorttutorials.com/google-d ... dsheet.jpg
If you don't you may need to click "advanced" at the bottom right.

Click the "Change..." link, then select "Anyone with a link"

Then copy the link at the top of the share dialog and make a tinyurl out of that (or just post it here)
I think that did it! Thanks, Jeff!
==============
Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

I will not use 87 anymore.

Steve Towers
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Steve Towers wrote:I will not use 87 anymore.

Steve Towers
Notes. Thanks, Steve. We'd love to see you come out and play anyway when you can swing it!
==============
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Just a reminder that there's not much time to renew and be assured of keeping your number. Lots of one- and two-digit numbers at stake. Don't wait too long! BTW, points card listing is up to date. Just click on the link in the first post of this thread.
==============
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

I see a LOT of No Club renewals, probably more than any actual club renewals. I though this was only allowed for the first year.

I realism some may have purchased after Oct (or when ever the cut off is for the extra-long year inclusion), but they can't all be.
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

Thanks for the reminder, just sent my renewal in.
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Craig Naylor wrote:I see a LOT of No Club renewals, probably more than any actual club renewals. I though this was only allowed for the first year.

I realism some may have purchased after Oct (or when ever the cut off is for the extra-long year inclusion), but they can't all be.
If people sign up between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, I put their info in both 2014 and 2015. I did renew one "No Club" card again as No Club, because he never came to any events this year and never had a chance to meet anyone in any of the clubs.
==============
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Steve Towers wrote:I will not use 87 anymore.

Steve Towers
:(
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Two more shopping days… :o
==============
Guy Walker
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

I'd like to register for the January race, but would first like to update my points card number change, if it has been approved. Is there a date when the renewals/changes are going to be processed?

PS: How many racers make an official class for the championship?
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Guy Walker wrote: PS: How many racers make an official class for the championship?
Takes 3 to make a class, and for year end championship you have to have a class for at least ½ of the events.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

So I moved numbers to 52, but I received an e-mail from Kurt in early January that 52 was not available even though my name still shows up on the list with that number. I am willing to change to a different two digit number, but have not heard back. The list shows 24 open, which I would really like to have since the 24th is my birthday.

Knock knock, anyone handling the numbers want to assign me one please.
MikeColangelo

Post by MikeColangelo »

Hi,
I purchased a points card on Feb 13. I still haven't gotten confirmation that I have a number. Can you help?

Thanks,

Michael Colangelo
Michael Eguina
Club: GRA
Car#: 0

Post by Michael Eguina »

I've also sent an email off asking about a points card without a response on if I even paid correctly. Any help would be appreciated.