Practice events -- need SCCA mbrship?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

aongch

Practice events -- need SCCA mbrship?

Post by aongch »

I'm shaking out a new project and interested to run in the Dec practice. What are the general requirements nowadays to do the Sat practice runs, does it require SCCA membership, is it a run/work group format, and appx how many runs are typical? I'd like to get as many runs as possible. Venue is at ACS.

Thanks all!
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Re: Practice events -- need SCCA mbrship?

Post by Art Rinner »

aongch wrote:I'm shaking out a new project and interested to run in the Dec practice. What are the general requirements nowadays to do the Sat practice runs, does it require SCCA membership, is it a run/work group format, and appx how many runs are typical? I'd like to get as many runs as possible. Venue is at ACS.

Thanks all!
Yes, yes, 12. yes AAA Speedway.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

We do sell weekend SCCA memberships that then provide a discount for a yearly membership if you so choose.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Car#: 436

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

aongch wrote:I'm shaking out a new project and interested to run in the Dec practice. What are the general requirements nowadays to do the Sat practice runs, does it require SCCA membership, is it a run/work group format, and appx how many runs are typical? I'd like to get as many runs as possible. Venue is at ACS.

Thanks all!
Perhaps to clarify and directly answer your thread title...you do not have to be an SCCA member to participate in any of the events, but if you're aren't an SCCA member, you do have to purchase a "weekend membership" for the weekend of the event. You just purchase the weekend membership at the registration table at the event, and it's like $25 (something like that). So basically, register and pay for the event online (http://solo2.motorsportreg.com/) then let them know you need a weekend membership at the registration table and they'll take care of you (bring cash for the membership...I don't think they can take credit cards there). Save the weekend membership paperwork, and if you later decide to join SCCA, you can apply your weekend membership payment towards your annual dues for your actual membership.
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Randy Gonzalez wrote:

Thanks all!
Perhaps to clarify and directly answer your thread title...you do not have to be an SCCA member to participate in any of the events, but if you're aren't an SCCA member, you do have to purchase a "weekend membership" for the weekend of the event. You just purchase the weekend membership at the registration table at the event, and it's like $25 (something like that). So basically, register and pay for the event online (http://solo2.motorsportreg.com/) then let them know you need a weekend membership at the registration table and they'll take care of you (bring cash for the membership...I don't think they can take credit cards there). Save the weekend membership paperwork, and if you later decide to join SCCA, you can apply your weekend membership payment towards your annual dues for your actual membership.
Weekend membership is $15, we take cash or checks.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Car#: 436

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Rick Brown wrote:Weekend membership is $15, we take cash or checks.
Ha! That's a bargain....and I think there's still a few practice spots open for this Saturday!