General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Paid Flaggers Needed for Red Bull Global Rallycross

Post by KJ Christopher »

Received the following request from Bill Armitage. No flagging experience necessary. There are only two flags (red and yellow, and you'll be told when to fly the red flag) and you will get training beforehand.
I am a long time member of SCCA out in the Great Lakes Division. I have been tasked by USAC this season to locate flaggers for the Red Bull Global Rallycross this season. The upcoming round is September 11-13 at the Port of Los Angeles. I am in need of 5 flaggers and a flag chief. I have approached Linda Haneline but found that there is a large regional race at Buttonwillow the same weekend along with World Challenge at Laguna Seca and a SFO Region race at Sonoma as well which is obviously going to drain the F&C pool.

I am coming to you to see if any of the Solo community might be interested in flagging the GRC event. The weekend is very fun and fairly busy with two groups....Lites and Supercars....the work is easy as there are only two flags needed....Red and Yellow and the communications is limited to incidents and large debris....the sessions are short...the schedule with the double race weekend is fairly easy with a late morning start on Friday and shorter days on Saturday and Sunday. The workers are well taken care of lunches and dinners are provided through out the weekend. Guest passes are available as well. Most importantly....the flaggers do get paid...flaggers receive $100.00/day and the flag chief received $250.00/day...this is a three day event.

I handle all the coordination prior to the event and turn in the list to USAC for the flaggers to get paid....USAC does turn payment around fairly quick.

Many familiar names are in the series such as Ken Block, Tanner Foust, Scott Speed to name a few. To learn more about GRC....go to http://www.redbullglobalrallycross.com
Looks like a fun experience. Too bad I'll be away at Solo Nationals. If you're interested, please reach out to Bill directly: imsflagchief@ix.netcom.com
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Re: Paid Flaggers Needed for Red Bull Global Rallycross

Post by Bill Martin »

I would think the local SoCal rallycross crowd which hangs out at DIRally.com would get all over this. Want me to cross-post?