Call for Stories/Info on the History of CSCC

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Re: Call for Stories/Info on the History of CSCC

Post by Bill Martin »

Rick Brown wrote: Plus Cypress College, Saddleback College, the Shelby parking lot, College of the Canyons, and Cal Poly Pomona. And of course Lion Country Safari (Verizon Amphitheater). All of those lots except Lion Country would not be SCCA legal these days due to size and obstacles.
Many many more. My first event was on the banked oval at Whiteman Stadium. And Orange County Fairgrounds (Costa Mesa), JungleLand, The City, Mile-Square, Pomona Fairgrounds, Irwindale, Dodger Stadium, who can forget Ontario Motor Speedway. Wouldn't surprise me if we haven't overlooked another dozen or more.
Doug Teulie
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Rick Brown wrote:
Don Salyers wrote:.... All of those lots except Lion Country would not be SCCA legal these days due to size and obstacles.
That lot is now a housing development. I drove by it in December as the palm trees near the former entrance were just getting cut down.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Jayson Woodruff wrote: Art can give you SCNAX history (Southern California Nissan AutoX club!), bleeds into San Diego too. Jay W
Actually SCNAX = Southern California National AutoX Club
I was quoting the original acronym. But once they got to 3 Nissan's, they couldn't find anymore and switched it to Sports Car National AutoX Club.

Jay W
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Bill Martin wrote:
Rick Brown wrote: Plus Cypress College, Saddleback College, the Shelby parking lot, College of the Canyons, and Cal Poly Pomona. And of course Lion Country Safari (Verizon Amphitheater). All of those lots except Lion Country would not be SCCA legal these days due to size and obstacles.
Many many more. My first event was on the banked oval at Whiteman Stadium. And Orange County Fairgrounds (Costa Mesa), JungleLand, The City, Mile-Square, Pomona Fairgrounds, Irwindale, Dodger Stadium, who can forget Ontario Motor Speedway. Wouldn't surprise me if we haven't overlooked another dozen or more.
My first event was at Riverside International Raceway.
We also ran events as part of the Palm Springs Vintage Grand Prix. One was at the airport, but I feel like there was another location there too...
The Ford Aerospace facility in Newport Beach.
Angel stadium?
Norton AFB
Pt. Magu
Sheriff's EVOC facility in San Bernardino
Plus we've done promotional events at weird places like the LA Convention Center - I got to drive Bob Bondurant around a course in my dad's X1/9 !
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

............One event at Angels Stadium that I went to in 200X.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
John Ward

Post by John Ward »

I remember running at Dodger stadium, Orange Co fairgrounds, Terminal island, I don`t remember what it was called, but the lot across from Long beach airport.
Also, OCIR, but I don`t think they were SCCSCC events (bug-in maybe ?)
Larry Frankenstein

Post by Larry Frankenstein »

John Ward wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:00 pm I remember running at Dodger stadium, Orange Co fairgrounds, Terminal island, I don`t remember what it was called, but the lot across from Long beach airport.
Also, OCIR, but I don`t think they were SCCSCC events (bug-in maybe ?)
I have a vague recollection of the lot across from Long beach airport. IIRC it was an aircraft company (maybe servicing?). I only ran there once.
Amonster Motorsports
- Class 11 (Stock Bug) # 1196 - SNORE
- SCCA H-Production Fiat 850
Larry Frankenstein

Rick Brown wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:46 pm Plus Cypress College, Saddleback College, the Shelby parking lot, College of the Canyons, and Cal Poly Pomona. And of course Lion Country Safari (Verizon Amphitheater). All of those lots except Lion Country would not be SCCA legal these days due to size and obstacles.
Seriously? That is sad.
Amonster Motorsports
Larry Frankenstein

Bill Martin wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:27 pm My first event was on the banked oval at Whiteman Stadium. And Orange County Fairgrounds (Costa Mesa), JungleLand, The City, Mile-Square, Pomona Fairgrounds, Irwindale, Dodger Stadium, who can forget Ontario Motor Speedway. Wouldn't surprise me if we haven't overlooked another dozen or more.
Wasn't JungleLand in the SF Valley? I believe I ran there once, maybe. Well at least I can remember my name :D
Amonster Motorsports
Pilar Miranda

Post by Pilar Miranda »

Testing my memory here, but I think CSCC was the first or one of the first to have a womens only school. I cant remember all of us that put it together - Gayle might remember who - she, Renee, maybe JoAnne, and I were all involved. It is so cool to see that the school has continued on to this day! This would have been in the early 90s I think.