Drive time from Buena Park to the speedway on the 15th

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Dan Barnes

Drive time from Buena Park to the speedway on the 15th

Post by Dan Barnes »

OK So Cal drivers, When I am visiting I will be staying in Buena Park area and need to know how long it will take to drive to the speedway from there. Running SK1 in the a.m. Mapquest said approx. 1 hr. but that could be skewed. Just want to make sure I get there on time.

Thanks, Dan

PS Looking forward torunning with you. Never autox'd in another region

08 audi RS4
Reijo Silvennoinen
Club: CASOC
Car#: 60

Re: Drive time from Buena Park to the speedway on the 15th

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

I'm just south of you and further to Calif. Speedway......62 miles from my place...about 1 hour.....that is early in the morning with very little traffic.

Follow the 91 east, 15 North and 10 east, and north on Cherry a couple miles east of the 15.

However, an alternate route I prefer is for you: 91 east, 57 north, 60 east and then north on 15, east on 10, north on Cherry.

Welcome, by the way!

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan Barnes

Post by Dan Barnes »

Thanks and have a great day

Dan
Nic Sanchez
Club: No$
Car#: 67

Post by Nic Sanchez »

I live in La Habra which is about 8 miles norh. It takes me about 45 minutes from garage to entrance. This is in the morning before 10:00am with the traffic flowing at about 80 mph.posting.php?mode=reply&f=6&t=90#
;) This is including a 5 mile drive to the nearest freeway.

Nic
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Reijo Silvennoinen wrote:However, an alternate route I prefer is for you: 91 east, 57 north, 60 east and then north on 15, east on 10, north on Cherry.
I'd definitely recommend taking that route on the way back (actually, straight from 15 -> 60 -> 57 going home is the way I take)

Early in the morning, I don't think you can really go wrong w/ any of the freeways, haha.

Coming from Orange County area, I've left with friends & one time we took different routes when we hit the 22 - I took 22->55->91->15, friend took 22->57->10; we normally drive about the same pace (75-80ish) & I showed up a good 10-15 minutes earlier.

But I guess to answer the original question, 1 hour seems plenty of time, since it takes me just a little bit over that & I'm further south.

Of course, if you feel like leaving earlier, you'll have a lot more time to buy breakfast, unpack your car, walk the course, relax, etc - people are arriving @ cali speedway usually as early as 6-6:30am, so you won't be too lonely.