2017 Fastracks

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Post Reply
User avatar
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

2017 Fastracks

Post by Marshall Grice » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:44 pm


User avatar
silvio zucchet
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:54 am
Location: west los angeles

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by silvio zucchet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm a bit confused on the boost for st cars. Is it going to be unrestricted? Or is it just a thought been thrown around
smooth is fast

User avatar
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Posts: 2818
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am
Club: No$
Car#: 11
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by KJ Christopher » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:02 pm

silvio zucchet wrote:I'm a bit confused on the boost for st cars. Is it going to be unrestricted? Or is it just a thought been thrown around
Proposal out for comment. Be sure to sumbit your letter at sebscca.com if you have any comments.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins

User avatar
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Marshall Grice » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 pm

silvio zucchet wrote:I'm a bit confused on the boost for st cars. Is it going to be unrestricted? Or is it just a thought been thrown around
the current proposal is to allow ecu changes that alter boost tables. the current proposal still would not allow mechanical changes to the boost control system (wastegate actuator, boost control solenoids, hose restrictor pills).

User avatar
James Yom
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am
Car#: 28

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by James Yom » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 am


User avatar
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Marshall Grice » Tue May 23, 2017 4:53 pm

looks like I beat Yom this month, june links updated in first post

User avatar
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Marshall Grice » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:00 am

July's fastrack it out. first post updated with links.

User avatar
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Marshall Grice » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:40 pm

the august fastrack is upon us.

User avatar
Pete Loney
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777
Location: Torrance

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Pete Loney » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Wow, I am allowed to cut a hole in my stock ECU case to plug in a USB cable to a Mega Squirt 3 Pro with this clarification?

Someone knows how to lobby!

Street Touring
#22089 2017 era ECU rules clarification
Per the SEB, this change is viewed as compliant if the USB cable is part of a modification which is authorized by the category allowances, and the hole serves no other purpose.
2018 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary 3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM, OS Giken, Kowalski Machining, PROPARTSUSA

Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 194
Location: Oceanside
Contact:

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Jonathan Lugod » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:37 pm

Pete Loney wrote:Wow, I am allowed to cut a hole in my stock ECU case to plug in a USB cable to a Mega Squirt 3 Pro with this clarification?

Someone knows how to lobby!

Street Touring
#22089 2017 era ECU rules clarification
Per the SEB, this change is viewed as compliant if the USB cable is part of a modification which is authorized by the category allowances, and the hole serves no other purpose.
Carefully read that again. Is there a category allowance that would allow you to modify the ecu housing itself?
http://www.osgiken.net
4 STR- 2016 Mazda ND Miata
OS Giken / Bridgestone / Bride

User avatar
Pete Loney
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777
Location: Torrance

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Pete Loney » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:12 am

Jonathan Lugod wrote:
Pete Loney wrote:Wow, I am allowed to cut a hole in my stock ECU case to plug in a USB cable to a Mega Squirt 3 Pro with this clarification?

Someone knows how to lobby!

Street Touring
#22089 2017 era ECU rules clarification
Per the SEB, this change is viewed as compliant if the USB cable is part of a modification which is authorized by the category allowances, and the hole serves no other purpose.
Carefully read that again. Is there a category allowance that would allow you to modify the ecu housing itself?
Ahh, more of a polite No as I read it again :)
2018 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary 3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM, OS Giken, Kowalski Machining, PROPARTSUSA

Brian Tilley
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Brian Tilley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:53 pm

Where can I go to see what question was asked that they are responding to?

User avatar
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Marshall Grice » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Brian Tilley wrote:Where can I go to see what question was asked that they are responding to?
the actually letters that are written in are kept confidential. We try to make the answers stand on their own but that doesn't always work out.

User avatar
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1551
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Re: 2017 Fastracks

Post by Marshall Grice » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 am

the november fastrack is posted (link in first post). This is the one that has all of the proposals sent to the BOD for approval for next year.

Post Reply