Poll: What is your preferred method of communication?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

What is your preferred method of communication?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Forums
25%
Facebook
26%
Email
46%
Motorsportreg flyers
No votes
Solo2.com
3%

Total votes: 69

Lauren Kane Porta

Poll: What is your preferred method of communication?

Post by Lauren Kane Porta »

Cal Club Autocross members: please let us know what your preferred communications medium is. This will help us determine the best mode to reach you with announcements, event details, etc. You may choose your top two.
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Re: Poll: What is your preferred method of communication?

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Facebook (social media) is effective for general announcements and "news" type of stuff, but not for mission critical announcements that need to reach everybody (i.e. gate changes, or specific communications for a specific event). So my "poll" answers are really dependent upon what we're trying to communicate. If we're talking about Cal Club Autocross mission critical announcements to our membership on Facebook, I think we need to make the assumption that many (probably a majority) won't ever see it. But then again, Facebook/social media provides the opportunity for the message to potentially spread to a wider audience (friends of friends, etc.) so completely appropriate for advertising or general announcements, etc. In my opinion, we need to use multiple lines of communication depending upon the specific message...with email being the "absolutely everybody needs to see this" final solution.

The forum on the other hand is the perfect medium for more private (i.e. not social media) group discussion among our members, event results, car classing questions and other general questions where the answers may be of general interest to all.
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/