Launch of New Solo2.com!

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Lauren Kane Porta

Launch of New Solo2.com!

Post by Lauren Kane Porta »

After many months, we are excited to announce the NEW solo2.com: https://www.solo2.com/! Please take a look at the new site. If you see anything that needs to be changed, email communications@solo2.com.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Launch of New Solo2.com!

Post by Rick Brown »

Yay, well done Lauren!
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Yes, thank you Lauren for the effort!

The new site is on a different server. This means that if you don't see the new site automatically, the new site information may not have propagated to your ISP yet. It could take up to 72 hours. The quick test is to reboot your modem AND computer. If you still see the old site, your ISP is just slow - it's nothing we can control. Sorry.
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Stephen Yeoh wrote:Yes, thank you Lauren for the effort!

The new site is on a different server. This means that if you don't see the new site automatically, the new site information may not have propagated to your ISP yet. It could take up to 72 hours. The quick test is to reboot your modem AND computer. If you still see the old site, your ISP is just slow - it's nothing we can control. Sorry.
Or maybe just refresh. When I clicked on the logo at the top of the page, it went to the old site (or cache?), just clicked on refresh and all was good.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

The site looks beautiful Lauren. Nice job. :clap:

FYI, it loaded quickly on my desk top. Was vary sluggish loading on the phone via wifi. Lot's to love about the new site, but I especially like the easy access calendar.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 711

Post by Ed T »

Awesome job! Google's PageSpeed analysis came back pretty decent too https://developers.google.com/speed/pag ... tab=mobile I especially like the Newcomer's page, it outlines the process well.

Only issue I'm experiencing is that the calendar takes a while to load. It is blank for about the first 10-15 seconds and then it loads.
ES #711 Aston Martin V8 MR2 Spyder Vantage
David Watson

Post by David Watson »

Good work! Very fast, usable and easy/clear to navigate and find information, unlike 90% of the WWW!
1999 Mazda Miata, Lewis Hamilton, Ron Fellows, David Coulthard, Jacques Villeneuve, Laguna Seca, Spa Francorchamps, Racetrack of the Americas, Long Beach Grand Prix since 1992, Circuit De Gilles Villeneuve 98 -99, VARA Willow Springs BF Goodrich :crazy: