Ride from UCLA to Crows ProSolo

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

maurice Velandia

Ride from UCLA to Crows ProSolo

Post by maurice Velandia »

Hi Cal Club! :wave:

My son, Sean, who's at UCLA would like to compete at the Crows ProSolo on 4/20 and we're exploring various ways of making that happen. He could take a flight - but requires a pick up at one of the bay area airports or a rental car - difficult to obtain for an 18yr old. The other possibility would be to get a ride from a Cal Club member who's driving up - which avoids some of the flight related hassles. I think he would prefer a relatively late pickup early Fri afternoon, but I understand most people will likely make their way up early Fri morning to target a noonish arrival at Crows. In any case he's willing to offer gas $ and driving duties.

He'd also like to go to the Crows Tour, but given a choice between the two events, the ProSolo has priority.

Please let us know if you're close to UCLA or driving past that area on your way to Crows - a ride would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

-Maurice
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Re: Ride from UCLA to Crows ProSolo

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

If he's never done a ProSolo, try really, really hard to get there early enough to get practice starts in.
They're not hard, but a little intimidating and best to clear those nerves before wasting valid runs.

I'm sure someone here will have a seat.

Jay W
maurice Velandia

Re: Ride from UCLA to Crows ProSolo

Post by maurice Velandia »

Thx Jay, agreed, practice starts would be especially valuable for him. We co-drove at the Packwood Pro last year, and he's done several Tour events including Nats last year. He's become more comfortable with launching the car, but timing the light takes quite a bit of practice. Now the Q is whether practice starts trump skipping class ;)

...I should also mention we're planning on co-driving at the Fontana Pro where he'll get plenty of practice.