PSCC/Morgan Plus 4 Event

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Brian Howlett
Car#: 111

PSCC/Morgan Plus 4 Event

Post by Brian Howlett »

On behalf of all the PSCC and Morgan Club members I'd like to thank everyone for their help in running our event this last weekend.
I think it went quite well UNTIL we again had timing/computer issues in the last run group.
Still we were able to finish in a timely manner and a few folks had some fun runs to boot.

A SPECIAL "Thank You" to Cathy Strovers and her gang for doing the registration for Saturday and Sunday.
And to Randy Gonzales for his assistance and sage advice throughout the weekend.

I hope everyone realizes how special these two people are and how fortunate we are to have them in our local Cal Club.

Thank you all,
Brian Howlett
Morgan Plus 4 Club
Morgan Plus 4 #111 8-)
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Re: PSCC/Morgan Plus 4 Event

Post by Mike Simanyi »

On top of that, thank you Brian for being the Event Chair.

I think we isolated the timing problems to a new condition. It was either low batteries in the finish lights or a bad angle for the receiving unit toward the sun, but once both of those were corrected the remaining runs were flawlessly timed.
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX

Post by Reed Gibson »

Mike Simanyi wrote:On top of that, thank you Brian for being the Event Chair.

I think we isolated the timing problems to a new condition. It was either low batteries in the finish lights or a bad angle for the receiving unit toward the sun, but once both of those were corrected the remaining runs were flawlessly timed.
Good to know we were able to identify the issue. Sounds like we just need to have batteries on hand and ready to swap.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Reed Gibson wrote:

Good to know we were able to identify the issue. Sounds like we just need to have batteries on hand and ready to swap.
More likely it was just the sun, batteries were fresh that morning. I always put in fresh on Sunday morning, even though they will last 3-4 days. Swapping the sender and receiver I think is what fixed it. The lights use rechargeable batteries, and there is always a full set ready. We (mainly Jeff Stuart) also have an ongoing dialog with the programmer and are identifying other issues that may be contributing to the problems. I'll admit I've been a little lax in reading the update notes with new versions, there was a new feature that caused the indexed classes to not work the way we are used to and it just needed to be unclicked.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX

Post by Reed Gibson »

Rick Brown wrote:
Reed Gibson wrote:

More likely it was just the sun, batteries were fresh that morning. I always put in fresh on Sunday morning, even though they will last 3-4 days. Swapping the sender and receiver I think is what fixed it. The lights use rechargeable batteries, and there is always a full set ready. We (mainly Jeff Stuart) also have an ongoing dialog with the programmer and are identifying other issues that may be contributing to the problems. I'll admit I've been a little lax in reading the update notes with new versions, there was a new feature that caused the indexed classes to not work the way we are used to and it just needed to be unclicked.
Cool, glad to know we are working on identifying these issues and being proactive about addressing them.
Shane Donahue

Post by Shane Donahue »

I've used something like this to be a weather cover/sun shade over sensors in a previous life.. helps keep the sun from hitting the eye directly.
https://www.amazon.com/Cantex-Pvc-Sch-C ... uit+bodies

with a little looking they can be found with wing nuts which are easier to deal with than screws.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Rick Brown to the white courtesy phone! Rick Brown...
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Mike Simanyi wrote:Rick Brown to the white courtesy phone! Rick Brown...
The reality is it's not really an issue, rarely happens and just a matter of noticing where the sun is and which way the light is aimed. If there is a potential issue, we simply swap the sensors at lunch time. We just forget sometimes.

Or there's this (attached with a rubber band):
lightcover.png
lightcover.png (252.76 KiB) Viewed 6095 times
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...