Anybody have a line on a water truck for our Street Survival School?

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Anybody have a line on a water truck for our Street Survival School?

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Hey all,

We need a water truck for the Tire Rack Street Survival school we're hosting on Feb. 3rd. Anybody have a line on one? I can hit up Google, but if there's somebody in the AX family that we know and perhaps understands our requirements (i.e. skidpad element), I'd love to keep it in the family. Let me know ASAP.

Thanks!
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Re: Anybody have a line on a water truck for our Street Survival School?

Post by Bill Martin »

For RallyX we use Ahern Rentals which has a yard just east of the Speedway.

When they were out of the standard ones once, they offered us a smaller one. Maybe that would save some money?
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Thanks Bill!

I called them, and they've got 2 options. A 2000 gallon truck and a 4000 gallon truck. Do you (or anybody else with some experience) know which size will work for us for a skid pad for our school? We've got 30 students running on it (don't think they'll be on it all day, probably just 1 or 2 sessions per student throughout the day).

Also....and please excuse my inexperience here. The prices I was quoted are for just the truck....they do not include water. 2000 gals out of a garden hose is obviously not the proper solution. Does anybody know where we can pick up a couple of thousand gallons of water (I'm sure there's a standard protocol...I'm just clueless on the topic)?
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

The large watertruck will heavily spray a rallyX course perhaps 1.5 laps. The courses are similar in length to our typical autocross. That should give you some idea of how many laps of a skid pad it can do.

Some sites have overhead water available. Otherwise, the trucks come with fire hoses that can fill from hydrants, but you might need to rent a meter. If you're at the Speedway you might want to give them a call.