Nov 9/10: Daylight Savings Time

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Howard Kopel

Nov 9/10: Daylight Savings Time

Post by Howard Kopel »

Are we starting the event at same time a usual. Or do we start a little earlier so we don't run out of daylight at end of day ??

DH
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Re: Nov 9/10: Daylight Savings Time

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Our schedule will be worked out around the available daylight. We usually wait till we see total sign up counts and work the day out accordingly. We also take course change over into account. Sunrise is 6:15 and sunset is 4:51....but we need to see how many total sign ups before we commit to 2 or 3 run groups for the day (and kart/lunch break if we have or don't have karts).

Also...for anybody that might be interested, the UCI FSAE team is offering to cover your work assignment for a fee (donation to their club actually). I think they're looking for $30 for one work session, $50 for the day. We're trying to gauge interest so we can let them know how many spots they can sell. PM or text me if you're interested.
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Howard Kopel

Post by Howard Kopel »

Thanks for the info Randy
I sent you an email over the weekend not sure if you got it.
Trying to figure out what time I need to be there to help with morning setup. :thumbup:

DH
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Randy Gonzalez wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 pm Our schedule will be worked out around the available daylight. We usually wait till we see total sign up counts and work the day out accordingly. We also take course change over into account. Sunrise is 6:15 and sunset is 4:51....but we need to see how many total sign ups before we commit to 2 or 3 run groups for the day (and kart/lunch break if we have or don't have karts).

Also...for anybody that might be interested, the UCI FSAE team is offering to cover your work assignment for a fee (donation to their club actually). I think they're looking for $30 for one work session, $50 for the day. We're trying to gauge interest so we can let them know how many spots they can sell. PM or text me if you're interested.
Have we sent out on email to those participating in the event?
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Event times are posted on the registration page as always. Ed will send out the confirmation emails after registration closes as we've always done (and typically that will include the run groups based upon registration counts).
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Howard Kopel wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:19 am Thanks for the info Randy
I sent you an email over the weekend not sure if you got it.
Trying to figure out what time I need to be there to help with morning setup. :thumbup:

DH
Hey Howard,

I got the email and we're still figuring out the weekend. It's looking like we'll have a Friday setup crew, so there may not be a lot of setup Saturday morning (although the PA, timing lights, blowing/lining/chalking the course all typically happen Saturday morning). I know you've got your daughter in town and you're trying to schedule accordingly. We'll work with you, no problem. :thumbup:

And as far as scheduling the day: We're a bit light for 3 run groups, but the day works so much better (and our participants are much happier) when we do a Run/Rest/Work type of schedule so that's our target. It's a balancing act....too many cars in grid and drivers have to wait too long in between runs, too few and we're hot lapping (and we don't have enough staff on course), no rest period and our "family" can't hang out and ride with each other....and a myriad of other considerations to consider (like do we need to do karts/lunch for an hour if we only have one kart, etc.). Hard to nail down the schedule until I know exactly how many registrations we have. Right now, I'm hoping we can do 3 x one hour run groups in the morning, half hour lunch break, 3 one hour groups in the afternoon and then give our change over crew an hour and a bit of daylight at the end of the day (that's the current plan based upon today's numbers). But again....all TBD once we have our final registration counts.