New work assignment available starting in February

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

New work assignment available starting in February

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Hello one and all,

Beginning with our February event, we will be offering a new work assignment to licensed safety stewards. You will have the option of working safety for a heat on either day.

What does this mean? It means that you only have to work one heat to get one event qualification towards keeping your SSS license. There is no longer a need to work an entire weekend! We will have the event structured more like Nationals, where there will be a Chief of Safety, and also a heat work assignment as safety for the heat. If you choose to be SSS for the event, you are offered a 100% discount on the event for the weekend. If you choose to work a heat, then it will be a regular work assignment with no discount - instead you will have an easy, no running work assignment.

MSR will now have an additional option for you to indicate that you are willing to work as safety for a heat. You must be a currently licensed SSS and elect this during pre-registration to be eligible for this work assignment. Please note that you are not guaranteed the safety work assignment.

Safety is generally an easy work assignment that does not require any running.

If you are not currently licensed as a safety steward and want to know more, feel free to reach out to me for more information, either here or at the next event.
If you have finished your SSS training and need to complete your shadowing, please let me know (I'm chief of safety for February). Shadowing will not count towards your work assignment for the weekend.

If I haven't answered any questions, feel free to ask. We are trying something new...
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair