Postponed: march 7 Trackcross at Buttonwillow gokart track

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Postponed: march 7 Trackcross at Buttonwillow gokart track

Post by James Yom »

CalClub members

The Trackcross event this Saturday at Buttonwillow has been postponed due to shortage of volunteers for this event. We will for sure have a trackcross at a later date, but first we need to make sure we have enough volunteers, especially the key positions of equipment and SSS, before we can finalize a date. It could possibly be as early as May (we don't have a points event in May), but I need confirmed volunteers.

For the equipment volunteer position, I've tried to make it even easier. Instead of going out to Fontana to grab the equipment, the plan is to give the equipment to the volunteer at the end of the last Fontana event before we have the Trackcross. That way it eliminates the need to go back there and get it. Bring the equipment to buttonwillow, and bring it back the morning of the next Fontana event. Pretty simple. You'll be given a free entry to the event. Ideally looking for someone with a big vehicle that will tow to the event.

We also need some volunteers to do starter/timing and tech/gate .

Please let me know if you are interested in volunteering to make this event happen.

Thanks,
James
Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Re: Postponed: march 7 Trackcross at Buttonwillow gokart track

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Please clarify and list up each volunteer position if more than just the 6 positions you described with a description of duties if the title is not self-explanatory.

So far, I see

Equipment
SSS
Starter
Gate
Tech
Timing

Anymore?

Thanks.
Earl Merz
Club: No$
Car#: 40

Re: Postponed: march 7 Trackcross at Buttonwillow gokart track

Post by Earl Merz »

I can do Equipment and Tech, or at least assist with Tech. I usually tow my car to Fontana and can tow to Buttonwillow or drive there. My house is safe for storage of the equipment as the closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and I'm on a 3 acre fenced in lot with noisy dogs(but I'd be more afraid of the squirrels, they can be vicious).
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE with Nav (need it to find my way around the course)