El Toro Evo School This Summer?

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Steve Glusman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 424

El Toro Evo School This Summer?

Post by Steve Glusman »

Wondering if there is a plan to have an Evo school in SoCal this summer????

Steve G #424
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: El Toro Evo School This Summer?

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Out of curiosity, what's an Evo school. I've heard them referred to, but I have no clue.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jason Flores
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 886

Post by Jason Flores »

from http://www.evoschool.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

COMPANY

Evolution Performance Driving School
"educating autocrossers, one second at a time"

Evolution Performance Driving Schools are hands-on, foot to the floor autocross driving schools. With programs designed to improve the driving skills of 16 year old novices to multi-time Solo II National Champions. No matter what type of car you drive, Evolution has a program for you. Evolution instructors are national caliber drivers, with years of experience, wins, and national championships to their credit in all different types of cars. They teach the student driver the finer points of autocrossing, while taking years off the learning curve. Instructors will share with students proven race winning skills and experiences, while building upon the students pre-existing skills to form a solid foundation to improve upon after completion.

Founded in 1994 by Jim McKamey and Jean Kinser Dana, the Evolution Performance Driving School is the country's only driving school with a curriculum based on the simple motto of making "you"; a faster autocrosser. Unlike many programs, Evolution works with the students individually to build upon their current skill level, improving their confidence and competitiveness. Students and instructors will both ride and drive, enabling instantaneous feedback. If you are asking yourself the following questions, driving Evolution is for you!

* How can I improve my driving and become more competitive?

* Is it the car or driver?

* What makes the "top" drivers fast?

* Where can I learn the limits of my car?

Evolution has a number of different programs designed to improve the skills of all drivers, both on road and track. Courses are held nationwide throughout the year. All Courses require students to provide their own vehicle, which must pass a basic safety inspection and be equipped with both driver and passenger seats.

PRICES OF EACH SCHOOL ARE SET BY THE HOST PERSON OR REGION. THE PRICE COVERS THEIR EXPENSES THEY HAVE TO MEET. THIS WILL VARY FROM LOCATION TO LOCATION BUT AVERAGE IS $200 PER SCHOOL.
Contact the person listed on the calendar page for pricing information and to sign up for the school.

Since our business provides a service that requires 3rd party involvement there are things that are beyond Evolution's control. Items such as shipping or regions/club help or site requirements. Weather can also play into timing/electrical issues. Please keep this in mind.

PHASE 1

The "original" Evolution program as developed by the McKamey Autocross School. This first step in the Evolution is where all students start, regardless of experience. Daylong course builds upon students existing skills, while introducing new ideas to improve one’s times. Students both ride and drive with Evolution trained national caliber drivers to learn where they are fast and where they need to improve. Small student teacher ratio of 6:1 insures quality instruction time. Computerized timing provides segment times, which can be compared at various times during the day. Do to some factors such as, weather, segment times may not be available and are beyond our control.

Combined with race proven skills, concepts, and techniques this course will improve the performance of all drivers on both road and track. Even experienced driver’s benefit from the Phase 1 course as a refresher for those things they’ve forgotten over the years or perhaps never learned. No matter what type of car you drive the Phase 1 skills will improve your overall driving abilities.

Note: All students must provide their own two-seat vehicle for the day. Two driver cars are welcome.

PHASE 2

Building upon the skills learned in Phase 1, Phase 2 takes the driver into new areas of mental race preparation, allowing the Phase 1 skills to be applied as second nature. Various driving exercises are conducted throughout the day to improve the driver’s visual and mental imaging of the course, resulting in quicker lap times. This course has worked "magic" in reinforcing the importance of Phase 1 skills and transferring those skills to every autocross course you may encounter. The Phase 2 track design is not the same as used in Phase 1 and generally has higher speed sections.

Note: Phase 2 students must first have completed the Phase 1 Program. As in Phase 1, students must provide a two-seat vehicle for the day.
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Out of curiosity, what's an Evo school. I've heard them referred to, but I have no clue.
Grasshopper:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OpUk_jn-hTA
video by Tom Tanquary who's also on this board.
You can also ask Robert Puertas about evo school, he's on this board as well.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Grasshopper:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OpUk_jn-hTA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LOL. Hai! Domo arigato gozaimasu, Sensei!

It looks pretty cool. I'd *love* to do something like that!! :thumbup:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Maybe late Fall.
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Grasshopper:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OpUk_jn-hTA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LOL. Hai! Domo arigato gozaimasu, Sensei!

It looks pretty cool. I'd *love* to do something like that!! :thumbup:
It's a great experience.