New / revised web site

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

New / revised web site

Post by Craig Naylor »

Is anyone else having issues with the new/revised site? (although it took a lot of trys to guess how our new log ons are recognized) I can apparently sign into this "new" forum..... but I can't log into the main site to sign up for the next event. An email to Will two weeks ago (aprox) responded that someone else has taken on the site responsibilities.

So the question.... will those (assuming more than myself are having issues) still be offered the online price if those in charge can't get the site running properly?

Additionally... are the old posts (especially in the rules proposals and FSAE boards going to be made available?)

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Craig
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Re: New / revised web site

Post by Will Kalman »

There is no "new" and "old" sites. There is the solo2.com site and these are it's forums. They are hosted by different people on different system but that doesn't mean this is "the new site". These are "the new forums". OK? Already someone asked if there will be registration on this new site. Huh? Who ever registered on the old forums?

1) "Issues with the new/revised site" appear to pertain to these new forums. Aaron is King of the new forums, I don't have any insight to their workings. But now you say there's a problem with your account over there. Which is it?

2) The accounts between the "old" site and the "new" site are synchronized. You manage your account on the solo2.com ("old") site and the changes are propagated to the forums (here). I purposely worked with Aaron to keep one "master" site rather than two disjointed login databases.

3) The old forums are gone. There was two weeks of neon-green warning on every message board page that said that in one week the old forums would go "read only" and then a week after that, they'd be gone. If anyone wanted any old messages saved or to start running threads up over here, that was the time to do it. As it is, I took 5 days past my original "disappearing" time to do it.

4) As far as online price, nothing has changed on the old site with regards to registration. Any problems pre-registering would have happened regardless of any forums change and any pricing issues would be up to the discretion of the event master (or whoever is in charge of pricing the event).
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Will Kalman wrote:There is no "new" and "old" sites. There is the solo2.com site and these are it's forums. They are hosted by different people on different system but that doesn't mean this is "the new site". These are "the new forums". OK? Already someone asked if there will be registration on this new site. Huh? Who ever registered on the old forums?

1) "Issues with the new/revised site" appear to pertain to these new forums. Aaron is King of the new forums, I don't have any insight to their workings. But now you say there's a problem with your account over there. Which is it?

2) The accounts between the "old" site and the "new" site are synchronized. You manage your account on the solo2.com ("old") site and the changes are propagated to the forums (here). I purposely worked with Aaron to keep one "master" site rather than two disjointed login databases.

3) The old forums are gone. There was two weeks of neon-green warning on every message board page that said that in one week the old forums would go "read only" and then a week after that, they'd be gone. If anyone wanted any old messages saved or to start running threads up over here, that was the time to do it. As it is, I took 5 days past my original "disappearing" time to do it.

4) As far as online price, nothing has changed on the old site with regards to registration. Any problems pre-registering would have happened regardless of any forums change and any pricing issues would be up to the discretion of the event master (or whoever is in charge of pricing the event).
Agreed. It's the First and Last name and your password, everything comes from solo2.com, so if you have an account there you have one here. Nothing has changed at solo2.com, we just have a new forum.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Craig, I just logged in via the main site right now & it works for me. Maybe try again?

QV
Damon Tolentino
Club: TCC
Car#: 260

Post by Damon Tolentino »

i haven't logged onto the message board in ages. same with the "main" site. everything works just fine for me.

btw, i like the new look of the message board. :thumbup:
Damon™
1993 Ford Probe GT - STS - #260
Crew Chief for ITB #86 - 1990 Ford Probe GL - driven by Stacey Bertran
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Apparently, I knew what I was requesting, but it didn't come across to those who can help.

I'll be more specific. On http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when you click on "login" I type in my first name, my last name, and my password, I click login button.

I am returned to the main page. (as has always been the case, when for some reason you have been logged out due to what ever reason.) However the "login" and "register" links are still there. I seam to recall a "welcome (insert name)", would typically replace these links, but since it's not working for me... I can't say for sure.

So I go to the "Calender" "June 15th" links. Scroll to the bottom of the page to register.... but instead I get...
"Whoops! You need to Login or Create an account to register online!" message.

So I click "login" again get returned to the main page....

repeat, ect., ect., ect....

(That said, if i purposely type in one of the three requested items wrong, I do get a message stating I have typed in something wrong. I'm not getting that when I insert the correct info, I just getting what I indicated above.)

My apologizes to all, for not understanding the inner workings of the change/upgrade, not logging in during the two week "notice" period, ect.

All I am asking for is the how, what, where, when, why, whom ect.... I need to do/ask/request ect to be able to login and register for the next event.

Craig

edit - since I'm posting here, hopefully it's obvious that this login process is working.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Have you tried logging in from a different browser (firefox or internet explorer, depending on which you were using previously) or a different pc?

Something could be wrong on the server side w/ your account, however, it's much easier/quicker to check on the client (your) side.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

If you are using IE, try:

Tools > Delete Browsing History
or
Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete

and see if that helps
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Craig Naylor wrote:Apparently, I knew what I was requesting, but it didn't come across to those who can help.

I'll be more specific. On http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when you click on "login" I type in my first name, my last name, and my password, I click login button.

I am returned to the main page. (as has always been the case, when for some reason you have been logged out due to what ever reason.) However the "login" and "register" links are still there. I seam to recall a "welcome (insert name)", would typically replace these links, but since it's not working for me... I can't say for sure.

So I go to the "Calender" "June 15th" links. Scroll to the bottom of the page to register.... but instead I get...
"Whoops! You need to Login or Create an account to register online!" message.

So I click "login" again get returned to the main page....

repeat, ect., ect., ect....

(That said, if i purposely type in one of the three requested items wrong, I do get a message stating I have typed in something wrong. I'm not getting that when I insert the correct info, I just getting what I indicated above.)

My apologizes to all, for not understanding the inner workings of the change/upgrade, not logging in during the two week "notice" period, ect.

All I am asking for is the how, what, where, when, why, whom ect.... I need to do/ask/request ect to be able to login and register for the next event.

Craig

edit - since I'm posting here, hopefully it's obvious that this login process is working.
Oh, that problem. I've had that as long as I've used the Solo2.com site.. I just have to log in 5 or 6 times before it'll finally take. Usually if I'm patient and don't click anything for 20 or so seconds after I login it takes the first time. I think it's browser related, if I switch back to regular old IE it works fine.
Will Kalman

Post by Will Kalman »

Make sure that if you are running some type of "security" or "privacy" software, you tell it to allow cookies for solo2.com, http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and forums.solo2.com

Quotes because most of that stuff doesn't provide either security or privacy.

You may have to delete any cookies associated wtih solo2.com or http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I don't recommend delete them all but finding specific ones is a feature that not all browser makers have implemented.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

This is a test.
I just got home from vacation and the board is different. :heyes: ......I just want to see if I can post. :computer:
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Reijo Silvennoinen
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

Doug Teulie wrote:This is a test.
I just got home from vacation and the board is different. :heyes: ......I just want to see if I can post. :computer:
Hey! Welcome back! Hope the vacation was good!

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Ok, just spent the last 45 minutes trying to log into the solo site.

First I cleared all cashe, cookies, history ect, ect, ect. from: IE and Firefox, and Netscape. (following a suggestion of a different browser)

I then marked on a piece of paper (to keep accurate count ) 20 attempts to sign using each one of the three browsers. (following the suggestion of multiple attempts before it works)

I then tried 5 more times each clearing all legacy stuff before each new attempt. (following yet another suggestion)

75 attempts..... no go.

Something is messed up on the solo2 server side with my ability to sign in.

Anyone with the access to sign me up for this weekends event.... I think I've earned my "online discount", even if it can't be accomplished by an admin type. (eyecrumba)

Any other suggestions!?!?!
Will Kalman

Post by Will Kalman »

Craig, I looked up your password in the database and logged in with no problem. I've sent you an email from your account as well. I went to the event registration page and saw the default setting from your last event registration.

Everything is working fine. IE7, standard installation.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

for what it's worth, i can't log out using the logoff button on the main page. when i hit logoff it just returns to the main page with me still signed in.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

ok strange. i went to the solo site with mozilla, logged in, logged off. no troubles. closed mozilla. opened solo2.com with IE and clicked logoff and i logged out. i signed back in no troubles.

i'm officially of no use.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Will, thank you. Can't explain it, but NOW I can log in. Maybe your logging in under my name fixed something. Anyway it works, thanks!

Craig