No$ Championship Preregistration

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

No$ Championship Preregistration

Post by Christine Grice »

Don't forget to preregister for the event this weekend!

http://www.solo2.com/calendar.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only the forums are new, the rest of the solo2.com site is exactly the same, including the preregistration process.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Re: No$ Championship Preregistration

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I'm 99.9% sure I already did so, but it was a long time ago. Is there some way to check if I'm on the pre-reg list?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Damon Tolentino
Club: TCC
Car#: 260

Post by Damon Tolentino »

not a points card holder, so can't register online.
Damon™
1993 Ford Probe GT - STS - #260
Crew Chief for ITB #86 - 1990 Ford Probe GL - driven by Stacey Bertran
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Kurt Rahn wrote:I'm 99.9% sure I already did so, but it was a long time ago. Is there some way to check if I'm on the pre-reg list?
Yes. Go to the event flyer and at the top you'll see a link to see the "pre-reg" list
Giovanni Jaramillo

Damon Tolentino wrote:not a points card holder, so can't register online.
It also will cost you $5 more, but as long as you're an SCCA member (or will get the weekend SCCA temporary membership, you should be fine).
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Direct link to the current list.
http://tinyurl.com/46xtqj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damon Tolentino

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
It also will cost you $5 more, but as long as you're an SCCA member (or will get the weekend SCCA temporary membership, you should be fine).
yeah, i saw that from the event calendar. i do have an SCCA membership, so that's not a problem. just debating on whether or not i want 3 runs to make up for 3 years of not being behind the wheel.
Damon™
Giovanni Jaramillo

Damon Tolentino wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
yeah, i saw that from the event calendar. i do have an SCCA membership, so that's not a problem. just debating on whether or not i want 3 runs to make up for 3 years of not being behind the wheel.
Well you can also do "X" runs, and also during your competition runs (before your X-runs) you can a 4th run by having an instructor drive your lap while you ride shotgun.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

btw. you don't have to work again when doing X Runs. Last time we also had Fun Runs. But that's never guaranteed, and requires working again. X runs are a sure thing.
Damon Tolentino

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Well you can also do "X" runs, and also during your competition runs (before your X-runs) you can a 4th run by having an instructor drive your lap while you ride shotgun.
i've thought about doing that. i'm not very keen on having someone else drive my car while i'm trying to improve my driving. i've tried that before and never got any positive output from doing it.

i'll be out there anyway, mostly for times as i'm not into the points card thing. :)

as for working, that's no problem. i don't mind.
Damon™
Giovanni Jaramillo

Damon Tolentino wrote:i've thought about doing that. i'm not very keen on having someone else drive my car while i'm trying to improve my driving. i've tried that before and never got any positive output from doing it.
Well since you haven't been out there in a while, I suggest you do get one, but get a top-notch one (i.e. Tom Berry, Mike Simanyi, Eric Clements, etc...) But I understand as it's your car and are protective of it. You could have them ride shotgun but it wont' be an extra run. If you're not competing for points then just do X-runs.
Damon Tolentino

i appreciate that sentiment, but it has nothing to do with the car at all, but rather the lack of Q&A with the "instructor". the last time i did this, the person who drove was more interested in seat time than anything else; no constructive critcism, nothing.

anyhow, that's not the point, right? i just want to get out there and have a good time. :thumbup:
Damon™
Giovanni Jaramillo

Damon Tolentino wrote:i appreciate that sentiment, but it has nothing to do with the car at all, but rather the lack of Q&A with the "instructor". the last time i did this, the person who drove was more interested in seat time than anything else; no constructive critcism, nothing.
And I personally hate when that happens. I don't instruct for SCCA but for BMWCCA I always am talkative about "hand positioning", "looking ahead", brake/gas pedal modulation, being smooth. All of that. But sorry to see you had a bad experience. What you can do is ask to "ride-along" with an instructor during "their" X-runs. That way you kill 2 birds with one stone. Get a free lap, and instruction...in someone else's car.
Damon Tolentino wrote: anyhow, that's not the point, right? i just want to get out there and have a good time. :thumbup:
Agreed! :)
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Damon Tolentino wrote: yeah, i saw that from the event calendar. i do have an SCCA membership, so that's not a problem. just debating on whether or not i want 3 runs to make up for 3 years of not being behind the wheel.
Well zero runs sure isn't going to get you anywhere.

No time like the present (or Sunday at least).

Jay W
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

moved the driving sim talk to it's own thread in solotalk.
Damon Tolentino

thanks. didn't mean to take this off topic.
Damon™
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Damon Tolentino wrote:thanks. didn't mean to take this off topic.
You've never been to the old board much, eh? :D
Steve Collins
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 799

Post by Steve Collins »

I always jump at the chance to have someone fast drive my car.

The fast guys (and gals...) have been doing this for a long time and can often give you very good information about setup issues with your car and suggest how to fix them. When someone like Reijo says: "your car feels really loose in the back, even for a Miata..." It's a good bet you've got some kind of setup problem.

Even if they never say a word about driving technique, I feel like just being in the car while they drive has taught me a lot about driving. I can *feel* how someone handles the car. Where they brake and turn in, how hard they push in the fast parts and how slow and precise they are in the slow parts. They can drive closer to the limit than I can and *feeling* them do that has helped me gain trust in my car, know it's capabilities and get closer to the limit myself

Steve
Will Kalman
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

I did an instruction run for Bill Hogan in his Civic even though his car had no seat other than the driver's. He watched from the grid.

Despite a few hard looks and a couple complaints from people who thought I was just getting a free run, I ran a time faster than his best to that point, talked to him afterward about how the run went, particular challenges and key points of the course to focus on. He then went out on his next run and bettered his time by a substantial amount.

The point is that even if you find an instructor less enlightening than you might have expected (there are instructors and students of all types, not all are a good match), you can learn alot, even if it's just that there's more in the car than you've been getting out of it.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I can definitely see stuff outside the car as well. Like last fun runs were Will jumped in my car without me so we could compare on the DL1. I could see right off stuff the we did differently. Even though are times were close there was time to had for each of us out there and I could see a lot of that from the grid. Though I could see more from the DL1. :)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Damon Tolentino

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
Damon Tolentino wrote:thanks. didn't mean to take this off topic.
You've never been to the old board much, eh? :D
not really. :cry:
Damon™
Yuki Haneda
Club: No$
Car#: 933

Post by Yuki Haneda »

to get back to the topic... :roll:, Please Preregister if you can! thanks! :thumbup:
-Yuki-
Photo by MAKO: NO$ event '08!