No$ Event - 6/15 - Notes on the back of a timing slip...

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

No$ Event - 6/15 - Notes on the back of a timing slip...

Post by Curt Luther »

1. Good riddence Azenis. I haven't let out a string of "F bombs" like that since, well yesterday, but how the tires can go from "good" to "toasted and done" in one run is unbelievable...
2. The left hander after the finsh walked worse than it drove, but I think we all hated it. Thanks for leaving the "Curt Door" in the cones to drive through, loop it, and not DNF if you need to, and unthanks for putting a cone there after I did it twice and showed Ashley how to do it...
3. Speaking of Ashley, she can drive. I think she's fast enough to beat a transsexual in Topeka...
4. Not as many urges for ham today. Too much going on...
5. Went to a concert at Irvine Meadows last night. The parking lot is the old Lion Country Safari lot that we ran in the late 80s and early 90s. Getting there early, as I always am, gave me a chance to wander around and remember the good 'ol days. Then seeing Ramon Spontelli's Tiger and John Fendel's 'Stang this morning, which used to run there as well, really made me feel nostalgic, and old. Rick told me why we don't run there anymore (don't ask here, seriously), but it would be nice to run there again for old time's sake...
6. THAT'S what "ice mode" is...
Last edited by Curt Luther on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Ashley Armstrong
Club: CASOC
Car#: 814

Re: No$ Event - 6/15 - Notes on the back of a timing slip...

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

:) thanks for all your help! It felt like everything came together that one lap I got to properly utilize the Curt Door! :thumbup:
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion
David Avard
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

Curt Luther wrote:3. Speaking of Ashley, she can drive. I think she's fast enough to beat a transsexual in Topeka...
Unless she (Ashley) runs in DS, she won't get that chance?

Or were you talking about something else? :oops:
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

David Avard wrote:
Curt Luther wrote:3. Speaking of Ashley, she can drive. I think she's fast enough to beat a transsexual in Topeka...
Unless she (Ashley) runs in DS, she won't get that chance?

Or were you talking about something else? :oops:
The shim switched classes? Damn...

Now that you mention it, I heard Chang was running a Type R.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Curt Luther wrote:5. Went to a concert at Irvine Meadows last night. The parking lot is the old Lion Country Safari lot that we ran in the late 80s and early 90s. Getting there early, as I always am, gave me a chance to wander around and remember the good 'ol days. Then seeing Ramon Spontelli's Tiger and John Fendel's 'Stang this morning, which used to run there as well, really made me feel nostalgic, and old. Rick told me why we don't run there anymore (don't ask here, seriously), but it would be nice to run there again for old time's sake...
They still don't allow AutoXes, but have ran other 'ride and drive' type events. The Mini Club just tried to book an AutoX there this month and were denied.

Jay W