NO$ Practice List

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Re: NO$ Practice List

Post by Art Rinner »

An update on the practice list would be nice.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Art Rinner wrote:An update on the practice list would be nice.
Art, in an earlier post Yuki wrote that they were already oversubscribed and that there probably wouldn't be any movement in the wait list.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Then why publish a Waiting List ? People need to make plans, and if one is on top of that list and others are dropping out, then it's reasonable to assume one has a chance ...
Yuki Haneda
Club: No$
Car#: 933

Post by Yuki Haneda »

Like George said, I slightly overbooked and I can not promise a 1:1 ratio on drops vs waiting list. I would advise the people on the top of the waiting list to have access to email so I can email people if I have some more drops from now to saturday morning.
-Yuki-
Photo by MAKO: NO$ event '08!
Christine Newcomer

Post by Christine Newcomer »

The way I see it:
The list went from 80 to 82 with 3 drops so far....... at least one person should be moved up from the waiting list....

I can't stand the way this feels... The waiting.... It's like you've had the best run ever but your time doesn't show it......

Yuki, Please email me if I'm in.... Thanks

Christine
07' Cayman S
aka (CSROCKT)
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Christine Newcomer wrote:The way I see it:
The list went from 80 to 82 with 3 drops so far....... at least one person should be moved up from the waiting list....

I can't stand the way this feels... The waiting.... It's like you've had the best run ever but your time doesn't show it......

Christine
Hopefully things will work out for you and you'll be able to get in.

But just a few words of info for everybody else reading:

The Saturday only practices are administered by the club putting on the whole weekend event. The entry procedures/requirements vary with each club and may be restricted to the club members putting on the championship and their guests/friends/etc. The one day practice events are geared more for experienced competitors who want to test or tune new equipment or suspension settings.

Sometimes the initial 'in the practice' list is overbooked, sort of like the airlines do with flights, as it is assumed that one or two will drop out. It isn't a zero sum game, one out doesn't necessarily mean one more in. For example, if I'm shooting for 75, but know I can handle 83 without causing disruption, I may let in 83 knowing that 6 will drop out and I'll be around my limit. If everybody show up, which never happens, I'll still be okay, just not where I prefer to be.

Also, depending on the club, the waiting list isn't necessarily in a FIFO order. We sometimes have to make accommodations in order to make the event run efficiently or to fill a certain need. (For example, if we suddenly find we really need a plumber (or insert proper Solo job here), and the 3rd person on the list is a plumber, well it happens to be a good day to be a plumber!)
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Christine Newcomer wrote:The way I see it:

Christine
Hopefully things will work out for you and you'll be able to get in.

But just a few words of info for everybody else reading:

The Saturday only practices are administered by the club putting on the whole weekend event. The entry procedures/requirements vary with each club and may be restricted to the club members putting on the championship and their guests/friends/etc. The one day practice events are geared more for experienced competitors who want to test or tune new equipment or suspension settings.

Sometimes the initial 'in the practice' list is overbooked, sort of like the airlines do with flights, as it is assumed that one or two will drop out. It isn't a zero sum game, one out doesn't necessarily mean one more in. For example, if I'm shooting for 75, but know I can handle 83 without causing disruption, I may let in 83 knowing that 6 will drop out and I'll be around my limit. If everybody show up, which never happens, I'll still be okay, just not where I prefer to be.

Also, depending on the club, the waiting list isn't necessarily in a FIFO order. We sometimes have to make accommodations in order to make the event run efficiently or to fill a certain need. (For example, if we suddenly find we really need a plumber (or insert proper Solo job here), and the 3rd person on the list is a plumber, well it happens to be a good day to be a plumber!)
I'm a plumber! :gpower:

In a previous post Yuki said she was shooting for 70 entrants on the list.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Yuki Haneda
Car#: 933

Post by Yuki Haneda »

Some things in case people did not get my email. If you sent out a check to Me, as much as I would love some extra money, I can not accept it. Can you please bring another check to "socal solo2" to replace it.
-Yuki-
Photo by MAKO: NO$ event '08!
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Yuki Haneda wrote:Some things in case people did not get my email. If you sent out a check to Me, as much as I would love some extra money, I can not accept it. Can you please bring another check to "socal solo2" to replace it.
you might want to at least PM those that did. i know i'm goofy enough to have done that and then recorded SOLO2 in my check book :lol:
it's only paranoia if your wrong