Registering for Divisional

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Registering for Divisional

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I've already signed myself up for the divisional. Now I need to sign my son up. When I tried to use my MotorsportReg account, it said I'm already signed up. Do I need to create a new account for my son? That's kinda weird, since he's only 12. Jayson, you're probably the person to ask on this....

Edit: also, how do work assignments work for a 12 year old? I don't know that I want him out on the course for his first event. I don't trust that he understands physics well enough to know where a car will end up if the driver loses control.
Last edited by Kurt Rahn on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Re: Registering for Divisional

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Also, my son isn't a CalClub member or a member of SCCA yet. It's my understanding that he can just pay the $10 SCCA weekend membership fee and not have to join CalClub yet. Is that the case? I want to see if he's into this before I start dropping coin like a wild man.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

from the event page " Please make sure your SCCA member # is included in your user profile (under Clubs) if you have an annual membership. If you will be purchasing a Weekend membership for $10 at the event leave the membership # field blank."
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

How 'bout the CalClub part. Does he have to join, or is paying the weekend SCCA membership enough?
==============
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

You don't have to belong to CalClub.

I don't know anyway around creating multiple registration accounts. True of everything we pre-register on. You think Stacey registers herself????
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Thanks, Steve. Two down...one to go. How do work assignments work for minors? He's co-driving a kart.
==============
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Thanks, Steve. Two down...one to go. How do work assignments work for minors? He's co-driving a kart.
Looks like most of your questions already got answered, its nice to have that support.

Minors typically get things like 'Data Entry' or 'Trash Detail'. They're not allowed in hot areas like course and grid.

I think you have to create a seperate account. This is a question for the MotorsportsReg guys though.

Jay W
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Perfect. That makes me feel a lot better! Thanks, Jay.

BTW, I did have to sign him up for a new account, and I also found out you have to use a different email address for each one you establish. Thanks everyone for the knowledge.
==============