05/25/08 Casoc Event (results are up)

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

05/25/08 Casoc Event (results are up)

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Thanks to Christine's tireless constant auditing and the combined efforts of a lot of folks, the results of today's championship are posted over on the events page.

Class Results
http://www.solo2.com/results/2008-05-25r.pdf

Pax'd results
http://www.solo2.com/results/2008-05-25i.pdf
Stacey Miller
Car#: 115

Re: 05/25/08 Casoc Event (results are up)

Post by Stacey Miller »

I second the applause for Christine. She showed me how to do the auditing with the new computer system and I am surprised she has managed not to pull all her hair out. Seriously people, improve your handwriting! :P
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Thank you CASOC - wonderful weekend :D
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Wow...my first post on the new board. Woo hoo!

Anyway, I hate to be a pain in the butt, and I'm ecstatic to have placed 4th in SK2, but I actually ran in D Stock as a novice. Anyone know who I should talk to about getting my results switched to the novice class?

BTW, I had a great time this weekend! Huge thanks to Tom and Leonard for their feedback on my driving. It really helped as the weekend went on.

Kurt
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Aaron Goldsmith

Kurt Rahn wrote: Anyway, I hate to be a pain in the butt, and I'm ecstatic to have placed 4th in SK2, but I actually ran in D Stock as a novice. Anyone know who I should talk to about getting my results switched to the novice class?
We'll probably have to wait until 3 weeks from now when we get into the motorhome again, I don't think Christine or I remembered to grab anything but the results output files. At the next event remind Christine or RIck Brown and they should be able to help you out.

The format of the results is a little funky too, so we'll probably need to re-post them then anyway.
Aaron Goldsmith

Videos for our car are up for this weekend

Annie's Fast Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qvPPdMrJ7w

My Fast Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBrzhw0_VeQ

Max's Fast Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0LuOgsvrKs

and proof that max realy did need to stop for a worker (and why Tom Berry needs video of his runs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7zdOjZKDQ
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote: We'll probably have to wait until 3 weeks from now when we get into the motorhome again, I don't think Christine or I remembered to grab anything but the results output files. At the next event remind Christine or RIck Brown and they should be able to help you out.

The format of the results is a little funky too, so we'll probably need to re-post them then anyway.
Format is basically like I do it. I just edit the car types down to a reasonable size so that column isn't so big and edit out the file info at the top and bottom of each page. The trophy info is still screwed up :? , have to work on that when I get my hands on the computer. I may go get them before the next event anyway so I can upgrade to the newest version of the software.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Wow...my first post on the new board. Woo hoo!

Anyway, I hate to be a pain in the butt, and I'm ecstatic to have placed 4th in SK2, but I actually ran in D Stock as a novice. Anyone know who I should talk to about getting my results switched to the novice class?

BTW, I had a great time this weekend! Huge thanks to Tom and Leonard for their feedback on my driving. It really helped as the weekend went on.

Kurt
Me too. I actually ran DS in SK2, not GS.
Rachel Nichols
Club: TCC
Car#: 969

Post by Rachel Nichols »

Hi everyone, I had a great time running my first championship race!! Thanks a bunch to George who was my instructor and rode along with me for a few laps. BUT I also had a problem with class...I ran SK2 but was listed in the results as CS. I'll try to remind someone at the next event.
Aaron Goldsmith

Rachel Nichols wrote:Hi everyone, I had a great time running my first championship race!! Thanks a bunch to George who was my instructor and rode along with me for a few laps. BUT I also had a problem with class...I ran SK2 but was listed in the results as CS. I'll try to remind someone at the next event.
Sorry guys, it's probably my fault. We were a bit short on experienced workers so i think I assigned someone new to Clock Operator during your group. It's pretty easy in that position to select the wrong class if you don't know how the index classes work in the computer.
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Max Hayter wrote:Thank you CASOC - wonderful weekend :D
I agree - great course!

Max, for the wing payment, were we talking about raw time, PAX finish, or Tom Berry driving your car times? :mrgreen:

Rick
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Format is basically like I do it. I just edit the car types down to a reasonable size so that column isn't so big and edit out the file info at the top and bottom of each page. The trophy info is still screwed up , have to work on that when I get my hands on the computer. I may go get them before the next event anyway so I can upgrade to the newest version of the software.
Yeah, I actually emailed back and forth with Marshall as well, and he said I won the novice group, so I guess I get a trophy. Down side is now I can't be a novice anymore. Easy come, easy go. :D
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Bummer Kurt!

You bumped out my little brother in his first event by 27 hundredths.

There is no SK factor in novice classes so you run off the full DS index of .815.

Kurt Rahn 73.245 .815 59.695
Tadd Ekstrand 73.487 .816 59.965

Lil bro ran 69 in fun runs! Does that count for something? I'm pretty proud of him.

Tadd did have the advantage of a fully prepped car for Novice, while Kurt was stuck in the family hauler. But then again, we're were stuck with that tough STS index of .816.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

The CASOC event did show one thing very clearly. We couldn't have pulled it off without the huge step up of Aaron Goldsmith and Christine Berry (and Marshall too, but he's quieter). It so cool to have young smart hard working types stepping into event leadership roles. You're going to make our events so much better.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Glusman
Car#: 424

Post by Steve Glusman »

Nice job to all -- smoothly run event and freat course. Too bad the Spit was acting up....

Steve G #424
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

Fun course! thanks for the fun weekend. :P

(I really just wanted to post for the first time here. ) ;)
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Lil bro ran 69 in fun runs! Does that count for something? I'm pretty proud of him.
That's pretty damned impressive. The best I hit on an X run was a 73.022...didn't quite get into the 72s like I wanted. But my times were consistent all day almost all 73s and 74s with the odd 75 mixed in. I was really happy.

I see your point now about stepping up, studying and prepping to get a quick time on those first three runs (the ones that count). I really concentrated this time on hitting the ground running and not having any throwaway runs when they counted, and it paid off. Don't know that I agree that practices are ruining autocross, though. They still helped me a lot.

See you guys in June!
==============
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Don't know that I agree that practices are ruining autocross, though. They still helped me a lot.
I find practices good for test-n-tune when you've installed something new or changed settings - also, if you're working on something specific with your driving since there are so many great instructors to learn from here. If you're just kinda noodling around without any real purpose, you might not get as much out of a practice over a champ event. This past practice, I was mainly working on tuning my new shocks. The champ event was spent figuring out how to drive with the new settings, then getting some instruction (thanks, Tom!) and seeing what I have to work on next on my driving. Always learning...
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Lil bro ran 69 in fun runs! Does that count for something?
Means he learned something. :D
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Annie Bauer
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 385

Post by Annie Bauer »

Awesome event, first time running with you guys for a local event and had a great time! Glad I'll be around to see more.

And yes, I hardly saw Christine all weekend and probably only saw Aaron as much as I did cuz he's my codriver! You guys (and many others) did a ton of work - thanks.

So Max, since Aaron and I outpaxed you, do we get our names on the car? (ducking!)
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

One more question about 5/25...it sounds like I won a trophy. Do I pick it up at the next event or what?
==============
Dave Baer

Post by Dave Baer »

This was my first solo event and I had a great time! I had the gray 01 BMW 330ci running in D Stock. Even though there seemed to be a problem with my car (would not accelerate on exit) I was able to improve my time on each run with a best of 80.079 (I know, pretty sad).

Here are the pictures I took:
http://www.beesandgoats.com/images/5_25_autox/

Here's one of the videos. Please excuse the expletive at 21 seconds into the video, I got lost for a split second coming out of the s-curve and needed to vent. You can see the car isn't responding and accelerating like it should when I exit the first left turn after the first slalom (and several other places). I go to wide open throttle in second gear on the exit of the turn but you can see the tachometer hardly moves. I run pretty much the second half of the course in 1st gear. The car has never exhibited this behavior before so I'm not sure what was going on. Anywho:
http://www.beesandgoats.com/images/5_25 ... _run3a.wmv

Thanks to all the volunteers for putting on such a great event!!
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

I go to wide open throttle in second gear on the exit of the turn but you can see the tachometer hardly moves.
More than likely your traction control (or whatever they call it now)is on. The newer the car the more layers of "safety" are built in. In my 330i I sometimes forget to turn it off and then realize it on corner exit when my foot is to the floor and nothing is happening. :o

t
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Leonard Cachola wrote: I find practices good for test-n-tune when you've installed something new or changed settings
So you mean... every event. Right Chris?

Mike
Karl Asseily
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 911

Post by Karl Asseily »

So you mean... every event. Right Chris?
every second is more like it :lol: