Is it 2002 again? (ST class)

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Is it 2002 again? (ST class)

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Dude, 7 places seperated by .7sec. And all fast. 3rd-5th seperated by only a secret agent (007). Reminds me of when STS was new and hot.

Jay W
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Re: Is it 2002 again? (ST class)

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Like I said before, every event is like a National Tour!

Man, I thought I had it wrapped up. I had an almost 4/10ths lead over Ken, and a scant .011 over Jeff. I didn't think anyone else was on the radar.
Then Jeff finishes .007 faster...next car is Ken .217 faster, then here comes Lugod .185 faster...I went from 1st to 4th in 3 cars!

P.S. My slipping clutch easily cost me that .2 I'm thinking it cost more like .5! ;) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

P.S.S. No offense to Chris intended, but I'm not sure that 2nd time is valid. It happens to be the same to the thousandth as Jeff...
Jayson Woodruff

Sebastian Rios wrote:P.S.S. No offense to Chris intended, but I'm not sure that 2nd time is valid. It happens to be the same to the thousandth as Jeff...
I don't know, kind of hard to make that kind of mistake electronically. And Chris' other runs are not far off, especially considering they we're dirty (presumably with mistakes).

Jay W
Michael Smith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

Which car was Chris driving. I missed his runs while watching the usual suspects in ST.
He normally drives a Miata in SD?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Sebastian Rios wrote:P.S.S. No offense to Chris intended, but I'm not sure that 2nd time is valid. It happens to be the same to the thousandth as Jeff...
I don't know, kind of hard to make that kind of mistake electronically.
Jay W
There were instances when we had to manually re-enter the times in the computer from the backup log due to all the issues we were having with false trips. A mistake could have been made under the pressure of getting going again. I'll check the logs tonight.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

Chris drove with me in my car. That second run is legit. I remember because i made shock changes for his last run as he said the car was a bit pushy. I guess i gave him too much shock since he DNF-ed the last one.
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Rick Brown wrote:
Jayson Woodruff wrote:
I don't know, kind of hard to make that kind of mistake electronically.
Jay W
There were instances when we had to manually re-enter the times in the computer from the backup log due to all the issues we were having with false trips. A mistake could have been made under the pressure of getting going again. I'll check the logs tonight.
Sounds like working the trailer was just as hectic as working course.

WAY less dust flying in your mouth/nose though!

My sinuses are messed up today for sure.

Remind me again why we don't use El Toro in these windy months ?
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Michael Smith
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

Jonathan Lugod wrote:Chris drove with me in my car. That second run is legit. I remember because i made shock changes for his last run as he said the car was a bit pushy. I guess i gave him too much shock since he DNF-ed the last one.
Ah, that explains it. You were in the multi-driver lane and I think finished near the end. Great job Chris if ur reading this!
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Pete Loney wrote: Remind me again why we don't use El Toro in these windy months ?
To punish you for buying a Honda!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Max Hayter wrote:
Pete Loney wrote: Remind me again why we don't use El Toro in these windy months ?
when it is hot at CA Speedway it is less hot at El Toro
when it is windy at CA speedway it is still windy at El Toro
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Christine Berry wrote:...when it is windy at CA speedway it is still windy at El Toro
Mmmm, not really (I live 20 min. away from El Toro). El Toro doesn't get that wicked tunneling effect of the whatch-ma-call-it pass N.E. of AAA. Heck, when I left the Speedway @ ~12:15pm, it was windy as h*ll @ the Speedway, barely blowing in Glendora.

Since we have/need to schedule a min. amount of events in Fontucky, how about the Dec/Jan./Feb/May/Sept. events there and El Toro: Mar/Apr. for getting ready for the Pro, Jun/July for the cool of El Toro, Aug. for prep for Nats., Oct/Nov. for much less wind. Don't know if we can afford it though...
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

when it is windy at CA speedway it is still windy at El Toro
I left AAA around 12:30 on Sunday and it was still very windy. By the time I got 8-10 miles west, there was almost no breeze - trees were still and at least one car dealer had those strings of advertising balloons that were nearly straight up. When I got home 50 minutes later (about 7-8 miles west of El Toro), it was almost dead calm.
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Max Hayter wrote:

I'll take that punishment over the ongoing Nancy Boy commentary one gets for buying no less than 2 Miata's now.. :lol:
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

It's a MX-5, dammit :unimpressed:
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Sorry, I was going off the fact that we had to cancel an event sometime within the last couple of years due to wind (I don't remember which one specifically) and I know that the OC PCA group also had to cancel an El Toro event on the same day.

Edit: Windy season is windy. and it could be windy anywhere.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Christine Berry wrote:Sorry, I was going off the fact that we had to cancel an event sometime within the last couple of years due to wind (I don't remember which one specifically) and I know that the OC PCA group also had to cancel an El Toro event on the same day.
I live near El Toro - it was windy as hell half the night, and most of the day. It did die down around 2pm. I thought my house was going to fall down!
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

My outdoor table and umbrella didn't survive the wind. Glass is shattered all over the deck and the umbrella broke out of the stand.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Mike Simanyi wrote:My outdoor table and umbrella didn't survive the wind. Glass is shattered all over the deck and the umbrella broke out of the stand.
Sounds like you had a tough (and expensive) weekend.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Max Hayter wrote:It's a MX-5, dammit :unimpressed:
So you say.

From the 2009 Press Kit:
"The MX-5 Miata has been true to Mazda's Zoom-Zoom philosophy since rolling off the assembly line 20 years ago," said Tim Barnes, Director Product Strategies and Planning.
It's still called the Miata, Nancy. :lol:
Jayson Woodruff

Well I was on the computer during that group, and I don't make mistakes, so on to the next theory. :D

Jay W
Rick Brown wrote:There were instances when we had to manually re-enter the times in the computer from the backup log due to all the issues we were having with false trips. A mistake could have been made under the pressure of getting going again. I'll check the logs tonight.
Chris Cullen

Post by Chris Cullen »

Michael Smith wrote:
Jonathan Lugod wrote:Chris drove with me in my car. That second run is legit. I remember because i made shock changes for his last run as he said the car was a bit pushy. I guess i gave him too much shock since he DNF-ed the last one.
Ah, that explains it. You were in the multi-driver lane and I think finished near the end. Great job Chris if ur reading this!
Thanks Michael! I just noticed this thread.