Event Drops??

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Brian Howlett
Car#: 111

Event Drops??

Post by Brian Howlett »

The event this Sunday will be our (11) eleventh of the year. How many events will get dropped?
Morgan Plus 4 #111 8-)
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: Event Drops??

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Appendix D in the sup regs:
http://www.solo2.com/MiscDocuments/SCCA ... s_2009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brian Howlett

Post by Brian Howlett »

It looks to me like there is a conflict between 7.6 and Appendix D? Or am I really getting old?

7.6 NUMBER OF EVENTS SCORED: A competitor shall compete in at least one half
(1/2) of all Championship events held in the season to be eligible for year end
awards. A competitor will drop their lowest event scores at the rate of one drop per
four events held, as shown in Appendix D. Any event for which an entrant qualifies
for an average shall be considered an attended event.

APPENDIX D
CSCC Solo Number of Drops Index
Number of Events Number of Drops
1 to 3 0
4 to 6 1
7 to 10 2
11 to 13 3
14 to 16 4
17 and up 5
Morgan Plus 4 #111 8-)
Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Brian Howlett wrote:It looks to me like there is a conflict between 7.6 and Appendix D? Or am I really getting old?

7.6 NUMBER OF EVENTS SCORED: A competitor shall compete in at least one half
(1/2) of all Championship events held in the season to be eligible for year end
awards. A competitor will drop their lowest event scores at the rate of one drop per
four events held, as shown in Appendix D. Any event for which an entrant qualifies
for an average shall be considered an attended event.

APPENDIX D
CSCC Solo Number of Drops Index
Number of Events Number of Drops
1 to 3 0
4 to 6 1
7 to 10 2
11 to 13 3
14 to 16 4
17 and up 5
I'm not seeing a conflict and this was vetted by clubs for what seems like years before we changed the rule and Appendix.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Brian Howlett

Post by Brian Howlett »

Hi Curt,

7.6 says "A competitor will drop their lowest event scores at the rate of one drop per four events held, as shown in Appendix D" Based on 1 drop per every 4 events you would have to have 12 events in order to drop 3 events!

Appendix D (in my thinking) conflicts this statement listing 11-13 events drops 3, etc...

Just trying to get an "offical" ruling and it looks like you are saying Appendix D is the table(bible).

Thanks, Brian 111
Morgan Plus 4 #111 8-)
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Brian Howlett wrote:Hi Curt,

7.6 says "A competitor will drop their lowest event scores at the rate of one drop per four events held, as shown in Appendix D" Based on 1 drop per every 4 events you would have to have 12 events in order to drop 3 events!

Appendix D (in my thinking) conflicts this statement listing 11-13 events drops 3, etc...

Just trying to get an "offical" ruling and it looks like you are saying Appendix D is the table(bible).

Thanks, Brian 111
You're right Brian. The table is the bible. Should be no wording in 7.6 giving the breakdown, just a reference to the appendix.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Rick Brown wrote:
Brian Howlett wrote:Hi Curt,

Thanks, Brian 111
You're right Brian. The table is the bible. Should be no wording in 7.6 giving the breakdown, just a reference to the appendix.
I concur. Curt, we need to eliminate the conflicting wording in 7.6 and just refer to the table. We can ratify the change in wording at the next meeting.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head