March 27th-28th 2010 CASOC El Toro Practice/Champ

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Daniel Y.
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 125

Re: March 27th-28th 2010 CASOC El Toro Practice/Champ

Post by Daniel Y. »

John Fendel wrote: I won't know what time each group will start until the work/run group is called on Sunday. When you sign up for your work group at registration on Sunday, tell the person at registration that you are working tech as your work assignment. Then come over to tech when your work group is called.

EVERYONE:

I still need 4 tech workers from 7am until the first work group is called.
I need 2 more workers for the 1st work group (Michael).
I need 2 workers for the second work group.
I have enough for the third work group (Steve & Brent).
I have enough for lunch (Michael & Jonathon)
I need 1 more for after lunch until 1 pm (Jonathon).

Please respond quickly, the event is 3 days away.
Thanks,
John

Hey John, I can work the 1st run group.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Pete's bringing his Casio Slow Motion camera so I can shoot 300 frame per second video of you guys. I suggest that Karen spotting me be her work assignment. Were splitting an entry ... it would be best if we have a Run Anytime arrangement so I can make sure everyone gets photo/video coverage.
Roger Ang

Post by Roger Ang »

Christine Berry wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:
Fernando Lim wrote:Is the championship event on Sunday full? I do not see the register button where it would normally be on axware.
I just checked and it's there. Maybe your time zone is not set correctly in AXWare. If it's wrong it can think you are past the entry deadline (Friday at 10pm). There is no entry limit.
I agree with Rick, at first my register button wasn't showing up but then I went into My Settings and changed my time zone from GMT to GMT -8 hrs and now the register button shows.
Just ran into the same problem (no register button). My time zone setting is correct. Guess I'm filling out a card when I get there.
Richard Jung
Club: PSCC
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

[/quote]
Just ran into the same problem (no register button). My time zone setting is correct. Guess I'm filling out a card when I get there.[/quote]

+1.

I also tried to back date my setting. :)
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Pete's bringing his Casio Slow Motion camera so I can shoot 300 frame per second video of you guys. I suggest that Karen spotting me be her work assignment. Were splitting an entry ... it would be best if we have a Run Anytime arrangement so I can make sure everyone gets photo/video coverage.
If you're talking about the Saturday practice, we're razer close on our worker numbers because of the way the flag system works to get 100 entrants in. All the tech workers, setup folks, etc at the practice are casoc voloteers who are doing that and working their course assignments so we can make this event work for so many people.

Sunday we have significantly more flexability.
Mihai Surubariu

Post by Mihai Surubariu »

It appears that I can't sign up , it's telling me the event happened already :roll:
The Dirty Romanian
It's all down hill from here ....
Can't fix Stupid and DON'T mess with Crazy !!
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Mihai Surubariu wrote:It appears that I can't sign up , it's telling me the event happened already :roll:
Sorry folks, had pre-reg closing a day early. Fixed now.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Michael Bradley
Car#: 210

Post by Michael Bradley »

John Fendel wrote:
Steve said:
I don't run until the afternoon, but will come down early. 3rd group would probably start around 10:30am?
Brent said:
I could work tech sunday 3rd run group .Just need to know about what time.
I won't know what time each group will start until the work/run group is called on Sunday. When you sign up for your work group at registration on Sunday, tell the person at registration that you are working tech as your work assignment. Then come over to tech when your work group is called.

EVERYONE:

Thanks,
John
Just to be clear, I can work the same group (1st) both saturday and sunday. So feel free to put me down for both days. ;)
Dan Shaw
Car#: 427

Post by Dan Shaw »

Michael Bradley wrote:
John Fendel wrote:
Steve said:
I don't run until the afternoon, but will come down early. 3rd group would probably start around 10:30am?
Brent said:
I could work tech sunday 3rd run group .Just need to know about what time.
I won't know what time each group will start until the work/run group is called on Sunday. When you sign up for your work group at registration on Sunday, tell the person at registration that you are working tech as your work assignment. Then come over to tech when your work group is called.

EVERYONE:

Thanks,
John
Just to be clear, I can work the same group (1st) both saturday and sunday. So feel free to put me down for both days. ;)
John, are you accounting for me being there as we spoke about earlier? Did you get my reply to your message? I run 3rd group in SK2 so I should be good for the morning. I'm planning to head in early both days.
Last edited by Dan Shaw on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 MX-5 - #427 ???
Ira Cruz
Club: No$
Car#: 789

Post by Ira Cruz »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:Pete's bringing his Casio Slow Motion camera so I can shoot 300 frame per second video of you guys. I suggest that Karen spotting me be her work assignment. Were splitting an entry ... it would be best if we have a Run Anytime arrangement so I can make sure everyone gets photo/video coverage.
If you're talking about the Saturday practice, we're razer close on our worker numbers because of the way the flag system works to get 100 entrants in. All the tech workers, setup folks, etc at the practice are casoc voloteers who are doing that and working their course assignments so we can make this event work for so many people.

why only 100 entrants? to get 12 runs? how about lesser runs so more people can join and also help the club organizing it?
maybe make it also an event that will count to points, yes a sat & sun event. someone can come up with something brilliant
on how to go about doing this. sorry i am not used to practicing on saturdays and don't know how other clubs do it.
Aaron Goldsmith

Ira Cruz wrote:
Aaron Goldsmith wrote:

why only 100 entrants? to get 12 runs? how about lesser runs so more people can join and also help the club organizing it?
maybe make it also an event that will count to points, yes a sat & sun event. someone can come up with something brilliant
on how to go about doing this. sorry i am not used to practicing on saturdays and don't know how other clubs do it.
100 people is almost double the usual number let into a practice. You just described a National event or a Divisional, we have those too.
Aaron Goldsmith

BTW Folks, we're sharing some of the site with the PCA this weekend. For our event, you want to go to the far runway once you get to the runway area.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

If you're looking for the kids area, you'll see my lone 38ft gearbox North of the Timing motorhome on a taxiway. But you can't get there from the starting area of the regular course (that would be unsafe). Half way up that last runway our main event is on there is the crossroad. That leads to the slalom practice area. Head that way and to your right is a grassy taxiway. My trailer is at the end of the taxiway, kids are there!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
John Fendel
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

Daniel, Michael and Dan, yes, I have you down to work. Daniel, I'll see you on Sunday. Michael and Dan, I'll see you both days.
Thanks,
John
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

BTW, I was talking with Mike Eguina tonight, that wasn't PCA. Some sort of Porche customer appreciation.

Jay W
Aaron Goldsmith wrote:BTW Folks, we're sharing some of the site with the PCA this weekend. For our event, you want to go to the far runway once you get to the runway area.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

When I click on tomorrows flyer in the Solo2.com website ... click on the AXware link ... click on Run Groups ... I get SS running last ... but it says March 7th ... not the 28th ?!

When one clicks on the run group link at the head of this thread ... one gets a different run order list, with SS running first ... and it says the 28th.

I'm assuming that is the correct one ... but ... that first one is strictly speaking also valid for someone looking for the run group order ?!?! :?
John Stimson
Car#: 124

Post by John Stimson »

Something seems to be odd on your end Mako. I have checked the run order several times since I registered, by going to the axware resgistration site, then clicking on the March 28th event, then clicking the run order link. Every time, it has shown me SS (and BS) running first, STR/SK1 running 4th (same as the link at the top of this thread). Try clearing your cache, maybe?
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Have you tried starting with the event flyer on the solo2.com site?
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

Mako Koiwai wrote:When I click on tomorrows flyer in the Solo2.com website ... click on the AXware link ... click on Run Groups ... I get SS running last ... but it says March 7th ... not the 28th ?!
when you get to the axware site that way it shows all events for March, the first one is the 7th (look for it in the left column) and if you scroll down you will see the flyer for the 28th (again look in the left coumn) and if you click on the run order for that flyer it will have the 28th run order.
John Stimson
Car#: 124

Post by John Stimson »

I can't figure out how to get to the event flyer on the solo2.com site. If I click on the March 28th link in the green "upcoming events" box at solo2.com, I get an information page with no links. I guess the other links in that box call themselves flyers, so is that what is meant by an event flyer? If I click on "Current year event flyers" on the left navigational column, I get a list of events from 2009.

If I click on the "event flyer" link in the first message of this thread, it takes me directly to axware's information page about the event.
Warren Leach

Post by Warren Leach »

Thanks for the fun day CalClub Goobers!

I liked Tom's course a lot. Unfortunately it was right at my rev limiter all the way along the back (I cannot imagine what the workers thought as I went by).

All and all, a fantastic day of auto cross. Great job!

Warren
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

Warren Leach wrote: (I cannot imagine what the workers thought as I went by).
]

SHIFT_warren

:)

Great day. Wish the MR2 was running, but had fun tossing the bone stock, OE tire Subie around.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Warren Leach

Post by Warren Leach »

Randy Chase wrote: had fun tossing the bone stock, OE tire Subie around.
I could hear Randy coming all the way down the back by listening to his front tires....... eeeek, eeeeek, eeeeek,

; )

Warren
Fred Zust
Car#: 0

Post by Fred Zust »

Great event folks! Enjoyed the practice, including the format, which should be adopted by practice days EVERYWHERE! Course was very challenging but fun. Good to see all the great Cali folks again.
Tom Dobyns
Club: GRA
Car#: 48

Post by Tom Dobyns »

Rick,

PM Sent for SS times.

Tom Dobyns