Congrats on a great Divisional, plus video links

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Randy Chase
Club: PSCC
Car#: 98

Congrats on a great Divisional, plus video links

Post by Randy Chase »

I wanted to extend my thanks and congrats on an extremely well designed course that took advantage of what is great about running at El Toro. It was a hoot. Or in the case of my car, a hoot with a phiiishhh and a whoot.

Other than some computer issues on Saturday, the event ran well.

I expect we will make this an annual thing, in which case I expect the series to be even more successful.

Well done on doing the trophy presentation for the morning classes at the end of lunch. Good decision.

Thanks to the really hard workers, specially the sames ones that always seem to do so much.

And of course the event sponsors. The people that stepped up.

p.s. next time, ask ChaseCam to get involved. Just saying....
Last edited by Randy Chase on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Re: Congrats on a great Divisional, plus video links

Post by Tom Tanquary »

This was a truly great event. I'm sorry I couldn't make the other two. I hope this series happens every year.

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work it took to put this on, it was well worth it. Great course, Guy!!!!!!

t
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Eric Stanley
Club: GRA
Car#: 363

Post by Eric Stanley »

+1 here - nice job everyone! It was my first divisional and besides flat-spotting a set of new-ish tires :x I had a great time... even a few umm.. exciting... finishes :o

BTW, hey Randy - where's the Video link mentioned in this thread's title?
Fullerton Pop Warner.... Earn The Right!

To PLAY with us... you gotta be good
To STAY with us... you gotta be fast
To BEAT us... you gotta be KIDDING!
Fullerton Titans '08
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Ditto here! Jay, great job pulling this whole thing together, and Guy, what a great course! All the peeps behind the scenes, props to you too. Cupcakes and I were commenting to each other that we're definitely going to try and do all three events next year. What a blast!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Randy Chase

Post by Randy Chase »

Sunday's last run.. 71.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpTuBkdbqZ4&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Ashley Armstrong
Car#: 814

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Ditto here! Jay, great job pulling this whole thing together, and Guy, what a great course! All the peeps behind the scenes, props to you too. Cupcakes and I were commenting to each other that we're definitely going to try and do all three events next year. What a blast!

Sho'nuff!
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion
Tyson Newman

Post by Tyson Newman »

+1 for props to everyone involved.

And many special props to Jayson and C2, who put together a prize package for the red-headed step-child local classes. :D

That way we didn't fell left out.

And props to Tom Denham who drove like a maniac and is going to make me have to work on going faster. ;)
Randy Chase

Post by Randy Chase »

My Saturday run 3 when we think power steering fluid got on the rear tire-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2DcTg-ytKk&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robert's 3rd run on Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxILEu25Pk&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Randy Chase on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Car#: 88

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Thank you for a wonderful event. Thank you to the sponsors who helped make this possible. Thank you Guy for giving us such a fun course that would probably take another 10 runs to keep working on.

Besides all the hardworking volunteers that for the most part go unacknowledged, I'd like to give Christine Berry special mention. She was in the trailer when the computer was having fits. She did a masterful job of a tough situation. The delays could have been a lot worse without her prompt intervention.
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Stephen Yeoh wrote:Thank you for a wonderful event. Thank you to the sponsors who helped make this possible. Thank you Guy for giving us such a fun course that would probably take another 10 runs to keep working on.

Besides all the hardworking volunteers that for the most part go unacknowledged, I'd like to give Christine Berry special mention. She was in the trailer when the computer was having fits. She did a masterful job of a tough situation. The delays could have been a lot worse without her prompt intervention.

Oh man, I was only in control for one run group while Mary and Rick had to run and it almost broke me on Saturday (Sunday was 1000x better). Mari is the one who spent pretty much all weekend pleading/screaming at the computer. :gpower: She stayed in the motorhome until 8:30 or 9 pm on Sat just trying to get things sorted out.

I will have to say, I have never seen any of the computer problems that we experienced this weekend. ugh. It was kinda like if you have ever worked on a school essay that was due at 8 am the next morning, its now 1 am and your computer crashes... and you haven't saved you work in the last 2 hours. Needless to say we started saving new copies of the event every time the sweep car went out so that only a few runs had to be manually inputed if it crashed, instead of the whole event.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Mari Clements
Car#: 130

Post by Mari Clements »

I've gotten a lot of credit, and I really want to point out that it was a team effort. From the course workers and radio people on course doing a great job catching, recording, and calling in cones; to the master radio folks in the trailer conveying them to the computer operators; to the timing log people getting the times (so we would have them to be able to re-enter them 4 separate times, ugh); to the computer people who not only did a terrific job with the usual stuff but also were amazing at coordinating (astoundingly enough, you can't enter a time on the admin computer while something is being entered on the timing computer, so we had some very elaborate turn taking going on in the trailer)--but most especially to Christine, who made it possible for Rick and I both to be out of the trailer taking our runs in fourth heat (on top of the at least two or three other jobs she held this weekend--registration and timing computer in one heat being the most visible, but probably not only, other jobs she had) and unbelievably so to Rick, who puts up with my ranting at that software with mostly benign indulgence and manages to figure out a workaround for pretty much any bug we encounter.

Saturday was the worst timing day of my life.
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

christine's just a worker bee.. :P

even while out being my spotter, she couldn't help but point out cones that were slightly askew. :D
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Well thanks everyone, I think things went pretty well.

I don't want to be naming names because I'll forget someone, but all the people who are known for working hard, worked extra hard this past weekend and I thank you. The timing and scoring crew should be especially appreciated as we had several errors which each would have been a critical failure if they weren't around.

I also want to thank a couple behind the scenes people. Larry Chan, Jeff Lonsdale and Steve Egunia all helped get course Radios when our's became unaccesable, and quickly I might add. Ken Lord entirely supported the MX5 I raced, and without that I wouldn't have been able to drive which would have put me in a very bad mood. Mike Simanyi, who didn't have a firm job description was johnny on the spot with just about everything. Mike Sullivan who probably got up earlier than any of us spent all his mornings, lunches and afernoons at the gate with even entering the event.

And I hope you all enjoyed the National Anthem. I thank David for keeping it a secret up until then, it was our little surprise for the racers.

Also, thanks to all the entrants. 260ish by my unoffical count. Thats about 80 more than our typical championship, about 20 more than the SFR Div (who was suppose to be the monster of the series) and just about on par with the San Diego National tour. So thanks to all that came out.

Jay W
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I should say it loudest because I've given Jayson crap before and I had reservations about him being the division chair.

I'm blown away. It wasn't perfect. Its not about being perfect. I can't imagine anybody doing a better job. And staying cool and relaxed through it all.

Well done Jayson. I can't even imagine the number of hours put into planning and arranging for this event plus all the little things that get missed that Jayson handled all the way through. A divisional is way more work than a regular event. And atleast coming from this guy who didn't do the extra work, it was sure worth it!!! }:)

And really cool too to see Nathan (he's the cutest) at SD and our event. And Terri too on Sunday whose got that 7 month glow that just beautiful to see.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

I had a great time. Thank you everyone behind the scenes. And thanks to Jay for including us SK drivers, in the Div. :D

And thanks to Mari for working hard to get the SK2 results, that got lost in the computer,sunday morning :thumbup:
Great course
Great friends
Great food
Great event
Great fun.
Reijo Silvennoinen
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

Great event!

Thanks to all for the food, hospitality, and all the work that went into organizing this event and keeping it going. It is far more work (dare I say grief? No.....I'd prefer to say just a ton of effort, grit and persistence) than many of us suspect.

In the end it all came together.

I had a great time! Thanks!

:D

Reijo (now back to "real" life?)
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

Tyson Newman wrote:+1 for props to everyone involved.

And many special props to Jayson and C2, who put together a prize package for the red-headed step-child local classes. :D

That way we didn't fell left out.

And props to Tom Denham who drove like a maniac and is going to make me have to work on going faster. ;)

Thanks Tyson.
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

+1 on all the positive comments.
I had a great time as well.
Big Thanks to Jaycomvinyl and Jason for the SK classes competition!

Awesome courses each day.
The burgers were tasting better than ever.

Here is the run that won it all for me....Day 1, run #3

http://blip.tv/file/1100147/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now to figure out why my car is puking oil into the catch can...
Looks like I won't be racing until I do.
I had just about 1/2 quart in 11 runs. Must be blow by. Not good.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Michael Sullivan ...
earlier than any of us spent all his mornings, lunches and afernoons at the gate with even entering the event.
WITHOUT even entering The Event! :shock: :thumbup:

... his car was being worked on ... and he didn't want to bother us asking for a co-drive.

Karen jumped in and gave him some relief on all three days.
Mihai Surubariu

Post by Mihai Surubariu »

GREAT event! , excellent course, good people and FUN.

what was top pax sunday ?

(I should stop bitching about the timing :p )
The Dirty Romanian
It's all down hill from here ....
Can't fix Stupid and DON'T mess with Crazy !!
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Oh crap... Michael Sullivan you're a saint.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

The SFR Thread:
http://www.baautox.com/forum/index.php? ... rt=0&rid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bryan Heitkotter
Car#: 0

Post by Bryan Heitkotter »

What a great place to autocross! Nice surface, great, big courses (even if they did favor the rotary powerband ;)), good weather, and good company. Well done.

Here are my videos.

Saturday: http://www.vimeo.com/1384526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[78.5xx]

Sunday: http://www.vimeo.com/1384993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[74.464]

By the way, who was announcing the 3rd heat? I didn't recognize the voice, but then again that's not one of my strong points.
http://www.pbase.com/bryanh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Ringer
Car#: 741

Post by Jeff Ringer »

congrats again...

impressive run...mr2 ftw :lol:

here is my third run sunday...my only filmed run sunday...first event on race rubber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocf-b9iJVgE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Jeff Ringer on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
my middle name is 'The'

previous vehicles:83 chevette scooter-84 chrysler laser tubro-86 gti -93 probe gt-91 944s2 - 00 gti 1.8t-86 325e-89 325i-90 xj6- 67 lemans 4 speed -98 bmw m3/4/5
Carl Vanderschuit

Post by Carl Vanderschuit »

Great Track, great people = excellent weekend. Thanks all.
Here is a video from my low-rider "slot car" boxster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTAFDXWan2s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carl
cam-fx.com