NOTLD - A REALLY IMPORTANT change to the flyer

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Tom Phillips
Club: No$
Car#: 185

NOTLD - A REALLY IMPORTANT change to the flyer

Post by Tom Phillips »

To all Members:
As treasurer of CSCC, Craig had sole signature rights on the checking account. With that in mind, the court and bank have put a hold on the funds. There is no discreancies, just legal stuff. But with that, CSCC cannot deposit or write checks on the main account. We do, however, have a PayPal account that has funds and is seperate from the main account.
So, for this event, prepaying entry fees via our Paypal account would be the preference. Once paid, please print out the PayPal reciept to bring with you to the event. That with be your verification. I believe we can print the list of those paid, but a copy would speed things up. If you cannot or would rather not pay via PayPal, please bring cash to registration.
I will post the changes to the flyer once all the details are worked out.
Please stay tuned!
Thanks in advance for all the support of this years Craig Angel NOTLD Memorial.
Tom Phillips
Event Chair
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: NOTLD - A REALLY IMPORTANT change to the flyer

Post by Kurt Rahn »

What's the PayPal username to post payment to?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Tom Phillips
Car#: 185

Post by Tom Phillips »

What's the PayPal username to post payment to?

That's part of the details we are working on
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

The paypal directions should be on the membership page of the main website.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:The paypal directions should be on the membership page of the main website.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT SEND ANY PAYMENTS TO THAT ADDRESS UNTIL OTHERWISE NOTIFIED BY THE EVENT MASTER!
Cam Correa
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 306

Post by Cam Correa »

Who exactly is the event master?
I have some questons I'd like to ask him/her, But I'm not sure who they are? Image
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Giovanni Jaramillo

Cam Correa wrote:Who exactly is the event master?
I have some questons I'd like to ask him/her, But I'm not sure who they are? Image
Event Master/Event Chair. Same name. Read the first post and you'll see who it is.
Last edited by Giovanni Jaramillo on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

Ok thats what I figured but wante dconfirmation.
Thanks.
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Event Master/Even Chair. Same name. Read the first post and you'll see who it is.
for crying out loud, Gio, either answer the question or don't post! BACK IN THE TRUNK! :mrt: :mrt: :mrt:

Cam, It's Tom Phillips. :D
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

PM has been sent to him.

Thanks guys.. Image
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
Event Master/Even Chair. Same name. Read the first post and you'll see who it is.
for crying out loud, Gio, either answer the question or don't post! BACK IN THE TRUNK! :mrt: :mrt: :mrt:

People need to fully read posts before asking questions. I know Cam is new so I just re-directed him. Back off.
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

Hey! Image

I'm sorry that I annoy some of you, but I figure its better to ask dumb questons than make stupid mistakes. Image
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

If we pay w/PayPal, how will we work out Solo$?
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

I have a few friends I am trying to get into the sport, they are wanting to come out to this race. they are not interested in points and would like to run in the first half of the night. (since I run in the first half of the night).

Can they just do X runs and run sometime in the first half (more specifically, can they pick when they run? like say run group 3.)

Thanks for the info.
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Bob Beamesderfer

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:

People need to fully read posts before asking questions. I know Cam is new so I just re-directed him. Back off.
I won't back off when you're being rude.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Casey Brier wrote:I have a few friends I am trying to get into the sport, they are wanting to come out to this race. they are not interested in points and would like to run in the first half of the night. (since I run in the first half of the night).

Can they just do X runs and run sometime in the first half (more specifically, can they pick when they run? like say run group 3.)

Thanks for the info.
At this point anything goes unless the flyer or the rule book tells you that you can not "or" if they make a change to the event on the fly. "Event officials reserve the right to make changes as needed without further notice".

In the past novice runs and X runs were not allowed. Working in the dark is more difficult. X runs make the event run longer and if a car breaks down and sprays coolant all over the course in the last run group the event can run late (like 7:00 AM). Finding novice workers in the dark that are asleep to check in is difficult. This is not the best event to get started racing at. But it is not my call. It is up to the event master.

Primarily this event and all other championships are for points card holders that are running for points. Novices are important to our sport to help it grow. Most of the time we have schools and offer a novice walk at championships to help novices learn about the sport. X runs are good to help pay for low attendance. Fun runs are offered if the event finishes early and we have enough people to work the fun runs and clean up after the event is finished.

How many people will be willing to work an extra session at 3:00 AM? I can't tell you.
Last edited by Doug Teulie on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

A couple comments, merely my personal opinion:

Regarding PayPal payments, it would be *much* better to pay with cash at the event. We do not have any method established at this time to accept event registration via PayPal, and if we do manage to implement that you'll pay a small service charge on top of the regular fees. As Bill mentioned, we won't have any way to coordinate Solo$ through PayPal.

Regarding new participants, I have to back Doug on this. This basically isn't an event for them in my opinion. Our Event Chair, Tom Phillips, gets to make that call though. If he chooses to make changes such as those, they'll be reflected on the flyer.

One more comment. There is some discussion in progress about people running in CPM (combined Prep and Mod). In the past, some people decided to run there so they could run in the light and be home early. You may see a limitation on that by the Event Chair, limiting people to the run group they ran most in their last three events. That would, of course, also exclude newbies since they haven't run three events with us.

Now back to your regular programming!

Mike
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Doug Teulie wrote:
In the past novice runs and X runs were not allowed. Working in the dark is more difficult.
I highly recommend we not allow novice runs for the NOTLD - I could be wrong, but you had to have participated in at least a couple of events before you could run NOTLD the last time I competed in one, but I could be confusing it with the SCNAX cup. It's difficult enough trying to keep novices on course in the day and far more challenging during a night event where it's difficult to see - not to mention trying to instruct a tired novice at 2 or 3 a.m.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bill Schenker wrote:If we pay w/PayPal, how will we work out Solo$?
If it were up to me, I'd say "forget about $olo bucks" for this one event. Unforseen circumstances have caused a disruption so for now, the powers that be will have to decide.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:I won't back off when you're being rude.
I wasn't being rude, just re-directing him.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Cam Correa wrote:I'm sorry that I annoy some of you, but I figure its better to ask dumb questons than make stupid mistakes.
You're not annoying anyone Cam, just newbies on any message board miss the obvious. We all make those mistakes. If you have any general questions, read our FAQs, or if it's something specific for membership e-mail our Membership Chairman (me), or something about class, car, rules, etc...e-mail our Novice Coordinator (Leonard Cachola). You can find the list of contacts on the main site (Solo2.com).
Bob Beamesderfer

If it were up to me, I'd say "forget about $olo bucks" for this one event. Unforseen circumstances have caused a disruption so for now, the powers that be will have to decide.
Not sure why that would affect Solo$. Pre-reg online, show up at registration, Solo$ certificate is moved from the unused stack into the live portion of the cash drawer.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
Not sure why that would affect Solo$. Pre-reg online, show up at registration, Solo$ certificate is moved from the unused stack into the live portion of the cash drawer.
Again not my call but my official suggestion to the Event Chair as this is technically an E-Board event. Too much going on behind the scenes to keep track of this in the books and Renee's got a lot to deal with right now so it's all on Tom Phillip's shoulders.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Yeah, why is solo$ a problem? Its a solution, gesh. Our only problem with solo$ is getting them current at registration in a timely fashion.

You better make damn sure its clear in big ol' neon blinking lights well ahead of time that its cash only at reg.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Greg Peng
Car#: 908

Post by Greg Peng »

Mike Simanyi wrote:Regarding PayPal payments, it would be *much* better to pay with cash at the event. We do not have any method established at this time to accept event registration via PayPal, and if we do manage to implement that you'll pay a small service charge on top of the regular fees.
Be careful with this. PayPal has this in their policy:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... cy-archive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Payment Surcharges
Notice Date: March 25, 2001
Effective Date: March 31, 2001
Under Visa and MasterCard regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). In order to comply with these laws and regulations, PayPal has amended its User Agreement so that, effective March 31, 2001, customers may not charge a fee for accepting PayPal. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods).