ANSWERS TO NOTLD

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Re: ANSWERS TO NOTLD

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Don Salyers wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: Well why don't you f'ing READ Bill Martin and see that it's CASH ONLY or $olo Buck$. Don't be a f'ing a**h***. If I'm a jerk to you then that's to bad. Go f yourself.
Gio, looks like ya kinda confirmed what Bill said--all that was really JERK like---JERK.

Don
I just won't be attacked by someone I don't know Don. This will be the last I post on this subject.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Never done anything like this, so I'm curious and kinda excited about it. Instead of slapping on more lights, can I just strap on a set of night vision goggles? :geek:
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: I just won't be attacked by someone I don't know Don. This will be the last I post on this subject.
You know Gio, you're absolutely right. I don't know you except by what and how you write. In my view, in just this thread, you were rude to a newbi asking innocent questions, dismissive of suggestions from someone who's been in the sport way longer than you, and turned to rank, crude obscenities when criticized. It's pretty hard for me to turn that into a positive image of you. On the plus side you obviously volunteer your time to Solo administrative duties, so the truth must be somewhere in-between. But on this forum, you are what you write. Like you, I'll quit now. -- Bill

on edit: It's not fair of me to hit you again after you've said quit. Feel free to PM any additional points (or obscenities) so you get the last word.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bill Martin wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: I just won't be attacked by someone I don't know Don. This will be the last I post on this subject.
You know Gio, you're absolutely right. I don't know you except by what and how you write. In my view, in just this thread, you were rude to a newbi asking innocent questions, dismissive of suggestions from someone who's been in the sport way longer than you, and turned to rank, crude obscenities when criticized. It's pretty hard for me to turn that into a positive image of you. On the plus side you obviously volunteer your time to Solo administrative duties, so the truth must be somewhere in-between. But on this forum, you are what you write. Like you, I'll quit now. -- Bill

on edit: It's not fair of me to hit you again after you've said quit. Feel free to PM any additional points (or obscenities) so you get the last word.
I'll PM you offline Bill.
Renee Angel
Club: No$
Car#: 77

Post by Renee Angel »

Steve:

I'm sorry I misunderstood you - like you say as usual; however, I'm really not thinking too clearly these days. My apologies to anyone I've offended. Gio - your post to Bill Martin was way out of line and if I was a moderator, I would have IMMEDIATELY deleted it. I understand where you're coming from, but personal attacks WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Let's all pull together and make this a night that Craig would be very proud of.

Renee
Giovanni Jaramillo

Renee Angel wrote:Steve:

I'm sorry I misunderstood you - like you say as usual; however, I'm really not thinking too clearly these days. My apologies to anyone I've offended. Gio - your post to Bill Martin was way out of line and if I was a moderator, I would have IMMEDIATELY deleted it. I understand where you're coming from, but personal attacks WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Let's all pull together and make this a night that Craig would be very proud of.

Renee
I'll pull my post, and Bill Martin & I have already e-mailed offline privately.
John Fendel
Club: CASOC
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

and see that it's CASH ONLY or $olo Buck$
And if I write out a check payable to CASH, isn't it the same thing? Not trying to stir things up, just asking.
Last edited by John Fendel on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
John Fendel

Post by John Fendel »

I am looking for some early volunteers to work tech. I am in charge of Tech but will run the first group and will also need time to draw the course. I'll probably only need 3 or 4 people to process the early registrants and cover while I'm running. Please either post here or email me directly at jjfendel at cox dot net. Thanks.
Don Salyers
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

John Fendel wrote:
And if I write out a check payable to CASh, isn't it the same thing? Not trying to stir things up, just asking. :D :) :lol:
Must be a joke---got to use a smiley--- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I fixed it for you!

Don
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

John Fendel wrote:I am looking for some early volunteers to work tech. I am in charge of Tech but will run the first group and will also need time to draw the course. I'll probably only need 3 or 4 people to process the early registrants and cover while I'm running. Please either post here or email me directly at jjfendel at cox dot net. Thanks.
I can help with Tech. What time do you want me there?
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Giovanni Jaramillo

John Fendel wrote:
And if I write out a check payable to CASh, isn't it the same thing? Not trying to stir things up, just asking.
Hmmm....never thought about that one. Easier for the participant. But then we'd have to have someone specifically "cash" all those checks made out to cash I guess. Again not my call so that'd be up to the Event Master/Chair or Renee. Renee? Tom?
John Fendel

Post by John Fendel »

then we'd have to have someone specifically "cash" all those checks made out to cash I guess.
Like maybe the new treasurer? i.e. ME. It seems to me to be a simple fix and I won't have to carry all that cash to deposit.
Giovanni Jaramillo

John Fendel wrote:
then we'd have to have someone specifically "cash" all those checks made out to cash I guess.
Like maybe the new treasurer? i.e. ME. It seems to me to be a simple fix and I won't have to carry all that cash to deposit.
Perfect. Let Renee and Tom know the idea and then have them update the flier. Good idea John.
Giovanni Jaramillo

And public apologies to Bill Martin. Sorry for losing it online. Checks I guess are good........when made out to "CASH"
John Fendel

Post by John Fendel »

I can help with Tech. What time do you want me there?
Registration opens at 5:30, so I would like to open tech at the same time. I'll be there a little early to set up the tech lines and get the box with the forms. We will probably be busy for about an hour and it should quiet down after that. Thanks for offering.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Hey John,

May I please make a suggestion? Given the low light, it's going to be very difficult to see proper numbers and class designation much less crappy ones; can you be a real "N*zi" about this and make sure they don't pass tech w/o proper numbers (no tape, not on windows, contrasting color, at least 8") It is the rules (both national and local) and will give a real break for those out on course (a difficult assignment for the NOTLD) and the motorhome.

Thanks for considering this,

Bill

I bring this up 'cause there were problems with this @ the Divisional.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Registration opens at 5:30, so I would like to open tech at the same time. I'll be there a little early to set up the tech lines and get the box with the forms. We will probably be busy for about an hour and it should quiet down after that.
Will there be time to walk the course? I'm thinking that'll be extra important to do at least once given the low light conditions.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

Bill Schenker wrote:Hey John,
May I please make a suggestion? Given the low light, it's going to be very difficult to see proper numbers and class designation much less crappy ones; can you be a real "N*zi" about this and make sure they don't pass tech w/o proper numbers (no tape, not on windows, contrasting color, at least 8") It is the rules (both national and local) and will give a real break for those out on course (a difficult assignment for the NOTLD) and the motorhome.
FWIW, I was assigned that job at Nationals once. What a bitch. Probably 50% don't meet the letter of the law. But most of those were close enough that head of tech redrew his line in the sand. So I'm with you totally, but how do you see this working? How does someone produce on the spot legal numbers/class when you don't want them to use tape? In fact how do you handle the fact that the graphics handed out to visitors isn't even close to legal? It's a good idea, but you kinda need a plan, not just inspiration. Think it over now or struggle with it later. -- Bill
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I've always felt we should buy 2" rolls of bright Orange or Lime painters tape for emergency car numbers. And then tell them to take their time and do it right. Like my impromptu 7's at the divie.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

That might work. I was thinking ten stacks of paper numbers with only one digit each. Need a three digit number, use three sheets of paper. Ten stacks is manageable. But the same technique on class letters is more cumbersome. Maybe just a half sheet of paper with a wide magic marker...class letters are less critical than numbers. If cost is an issue, charge for the numbers. Motivation for future compliance.

Still, we've started down this road many times in the past. Seems like we never got to the destination. Why should this be any different?

P.S. If anyone wants to pursue this, here's a link for very large printable numbers from Detroit SCCA RallyCross. Probably be cool to ask permission tho. Go to the bottom of the page.

http://www.detroit-scca.org/e107/page.php?12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

John Fendel wrote:
And if I write out a check payable to CASH, isn't it the same thing? Not trying to stir things up, just asking.
If yo haven't cashed a 'Cash' check lately you might want to check with your bank. Last check I wrote to 'Cash', my Grandma said two banks wouldn't take it.

Jay W
John Fendel

Post by John Fendel »

Will there be time to walk the course?
Yes, we will rotate people in and out to allow everyone time to walk course. It will help if I have enough volunteers.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I've always felt we should buy 2" rolls of bright Orange or Lime painters tape for emergency car numbers. And then tell them to take their time and do it right. Like my impromptu 7's at the divie.
At the beginning of the year - or some time before March - I printed hundreds of pages of numbers and class letters. They're in one of the file boxes we have for Tech.

Let's make sure they're available in Tech for this event.

Mike
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Mike Simanyi wrote:At the beginning of the year - or some time before March - I printed hundreds of pages of numbers and class letters. They're in one of the file boxes we have for Tech.

Let's make sure they're available in Tech for this event.

Mike
Patch,

During the Divisional, when I went looking for class designations for a long time member who shall remain nameless, the box @ Tech was pretty "light" - maybe there's more somewhere else?
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I noticed the same at the last El Toro event.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.