ANSWERS TO NOTLD

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Tom Phillips
Club: No$
Car#: 185

ANSWERS TO NOTLD

Post by Tom Phillips »

First, I owe thanks to Gio, Will Kalman and Mike Simanyi for the speed at which things got accomplished. They have been on this for most of the day.
Second, I appreciate the comments, thoughts, suggestions and support from everyone. The entire Chief Staff has been staying on top of each of their duties to make sure we have as few hiccups as humanly possible.

The following will be, what I hope, the answers to questions, theory’s, assumptions and WAG’s.
These will be posted both here and on the flyer.

Pre-registration will close at 10:00 PM on Thursday, 8/14.

This event, due to circumstances already discussed on the Forum will be cash only at registration. PayPal will not be an option at this point. The use of PayPal will cost an additional $1.20 per entrant for CSCC. The additional costs cannot be reasonably charged to members.

Non points card entrants with less than 3 events run are eligible to run with the following regulations:
1-You must arrive early enough to do an instructed novice course walk that can be verified.
2-You must have safety instruction on course working, proper etiquette both on course and in the pits that can be verified.
3- You can get the registration wrist band after completion. If you do not attend the above, you will not be allowed to run.
4-If, in the course of the event, the Solo Safety Steward, or their appointee, deems your driving erratic, dangerous to the workers or to you, your demeanor or actions distracting to other drivers or creates a dangerous situation, they may, at their discretion, restrict you from further runs. The SSS, only, will have the final word. There will be no appeal.

Solo Bucks can be used for this event.

There will be no X runs during the event.

Fun runs may be at event ends. The final decision will be made the night of the event and will be based on interest and participation.

Regarding drivers with car that have no lights – If the car has not had lights previously, that car and driver will run in the first group.

Regarding additional lighting - Reasonable additional lights will be allowed. However, if the SSS deems the lights to be detrimental to other drivers, the SSS may restrict their use. The SSS, only will have the final word, There will be no appeals.

I and the entire team realize that each event cannot be all things to each member, and with this event, the added challenges at the last minute, I have had to make decisions that I believe will make the entire event, hopefully run smoother, be less strain on those having to do the work and be overall more fun for everybody.

There may be some things I have not addressed and, if so, I will try to do so in the next day or 2.

Tom Phillips
NOTLD Event Master
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Re: ANSWERS TO NOTLD

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

And if you run additional lighting and don't have a good rules theory (allowance) to back you up in competition, your car is illegal regardless of whether the event chair says its okay or the SSS says its safe. Comfort and Convenience doesn't work when you're doing it to help you win.

And if you're in a tiny little STS civic.... *cough* Stephen *cough* Jason.... You're probably costing yourself 20% of your power for lights that aren't focused where you should be looking anyway. And your wiring harness is bleeding!!!

The real key to NOTLD isn't add'l lighting.... Its RERUNS!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

thanks for the timely decisions Tom :thumbup:
Steve Ekstrand wrote:...The real key to NOTLD isn't add'l lighting.... Its RERUNS!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
can i pre-reg for those too? :ibrightdea:
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Looks great, Tom.
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Not a big deal but I don't understand 'no checks'. I know the difficulty with our account, but couldn't the checks just be made out to Tom or whoever has charge of the money box? Don't see the problem...and you KNOW some people will show up without the cash. (Not me, promise)

Someone said you 'seldom get any daylite runs anyway'...So if I bring the Formula Ford, should I tape a flashlite to my helmet or what? I'm lucky to see anything in that car at high noon. -- Bill
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Bill Martin wrote:Not a big deal but I don't understand 'no checks'. I know the difficulty with our account, but couldn't the checks just be made out to Tom or whoever has charge of the money box? Don't see the problem...and you KNOW some people will show up without the cash. (Not me, promise)

Someone said you 'seldom get any daylite runs anyway'...So if I bring the Formula Ford, should I tape a flashlite to my helmet or what? I'm lucky to see anything in that car at high noon. -- Bill
there is an ATM in the minimart a couple blocks up the road.
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Bill Martin wrote:Not a big deal but I don't understand 'no checks'. I know the difficulty with our account, but couldn't the checks just be made out to Tom or whoever has charge of the money box? Don't see the problem...and you KNOW some people will show up without the cash. (Not me, promise)

there is an ATM in the minimart a couple blocks up the road.
no fee credit union ATM across the street to the south too. if i had an open car, my helmet would be sportin a 500w halogen flood light :mrgreen:
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Bill Martin wrote:but couldn't the checks just be made out to Tom or whoever has charge of the money box? Don't see the problem...
And what if Tom gets hit by a bus? Then all those checks made payable to "Tom Phillips" or "whomever" are basically trash and now we're out all that money as well.

As Tom said in his post above:
Tom Phillips wrote:This event, due to circumstances already discussed on the Forum will be cash only at registration.
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

We still have the Pax class running and working twice at NOTLD
Will we need to pay twice as much to run twice ? and how will we handle working while we are running ?
I look forward to lots of runs after we work out these details!
Glenn Duensing
Car#: 28
Location: Relaxin' and chillin' on the third rock from the Sun.

Post by Glenn Duensing »

Tom Berry wrote:We still have the Pax class running and working twice at NOTLD
Will we need to pay twice as much to run twice ? and how will we handle working while we are running ?
I look forward to lots of runs after we work out this details.
Only PAXL is in the first group. Unfortunately the script doesn't allow Tom P to put an "L" in PAX
Yuki Haneda
Car#: 933

Post by Yuki Haneda »

Message from your Chief of Registration Girl...

Our chiefs are working very hard to make this event possible after a tragedy and filling in Craig's shoes is not easy to do. Please understand and follow what Tom our Event Master has decided and know that it's almost impossible to make everyone happy. What Tom said is what were going through, if you don't like it well... tough luck :D
-Yuki-
Photo by MAKO: NO$ event '08!
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I'm getting so sick of people dragging up Craig Angel to excuse their bad decision making or incompetence.

Craig is a valid excuse for things like cash only.

About anything else you use the excuse for means you're a sad pathetic sack and should be ashamed of yourself. Think about what Craig would think of being used like that. It sickens me.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Renee Angel
Car#: 77

Post by Renee Angel »

Craig did NOT do just the cash. He made the arrangements for the lights, porta potties, paid for the lot, moved the motorhome to the parking lot and miscellaneous other jobs that the Event Mistress would hand him. If you think that ALL Craig did was handle the treasury - then you have been hiding under a rock for the past 10 years.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Renee,

I'll be there pretty early to help Tom T. set up grid and whatever, please, if you need, I'll help anyway I can; that day or before.

Even if we don't get to run with the non-headlight PAXers! :P
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

You don't understand what I'm talking about Renee. Like usual.

I'm well aware of what Craig did for the region.

But we have two big discussions facing the region that creating conflict--- Pax being forced in the 3rd run group of the NOTLD and September's event conflicting with Nationals.

I can't see how who calls for the lights and the porta potties has any bearing on those two issues. Yet I'm watching as Craig's name has been dredged up as the excuse for both of those region mistakes.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

And what if Tom gets hit by a bus? Then all those checks made payable to "Tom Phillips" or "whomever" are basically trash and now we're out all that money as well.
And what if the cash box gets disintigrated by death rays from Mars? Gimme a break...if you aren't receptive to others suggestions just say 'butt out', but don't go all stupid.

BTW, when I first saw your earlier post on event master, I thought 'Jeez what a jerk'. Rude doesn't even cover it. But keep telling yourself it's everybody else.

-- Bill
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Its me Bill. There is only one rude asshole in the region. Don't go trying to spread my glory around to others.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bill Martin wrote:
And what if the cash box gets disintigrated by death rays from Mars? Gimme a break...if you aren't receptive to others suggestions just say 'butt out', but don't go all stupid.

BTW, when I first saw your earlier post on event master, I thought 'Jeez what a jerk'. Rude doesn't even cover it. But keep telling yourself it's everybody else.

-- Bill
Removing offensive post
Last edited by Giovanni Jaramillo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Wow... And I'm out of control. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW- It's Mr. Bill Martin to you Gio.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Wow... And I'm out of control. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just got aggravated and decided to let loose on him because he doesn't know me and all I was trying to convey is that it can't be made out to a person but an entity assuming we did take checks. But we're not.
Steve Ekstrand wrote:BTW- It's Mr. Bill Martin to you Gio.
Respect is earned not given. I wasn't disrespecting him with my initial post but then he attacks me.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I don't always agree with Bill Martin. And he probably thinks I'm an idiot too. But he's one of those guys who's been there done that and seen it all. He doesn't post often, but when he does it gets my attention and I have to always ask if I'm on the right side of something if it isn't his side.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I don't always agree with Bill Martin. And he probably thinks I'm an idiot too. But he's one of those guys who's been there done that and seen it all. He doesn't post often, but when he does it gets my attention and I have to always ask if I'm on the right side of something if it isn't his side.
I just want to resolve these issues that's all. I'm growing weary of this. I want to make sure we're not in a financial bind, that we pay for the lots, that we have enough liquid for the rest of the year. As for PAX @NOTLD, that's a different story.
Don Salyers
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: Well why don't you f'ing READ Bill Martin and see that it's CASH ONLY or $olo Buck$. Don't be a f'ing a**h***. If I'm a jerk to you then that's to bad. Go f yourself.
Gio, looks like ya kinda confirmed what Bill said--all that was really JERK like---JERK.

Don
Steve Towers
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

Oh, boy. What seems to have started as Tom's attempt to inform, has turned ugly. This thread is unpleasant to read.

<on soapbox> How about taking a deep breath and putting on your cooperation hat. Everyone would benefit. <off soapbox>
Yuki Haneda
Car#: 933

Post by Yuki Haneda »

I agree with Steve... boys boys stop pmsing okay? :D

Just importantly CASH ONLY, not a great way to start NOTLD by annoying everyone at registration and not get in the event because you didn't carry cash on you...
-Yuki-
Photo by MAKO: NO$ event '08!