September Event Again

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jason Swindle
Club: GRA
Car#: 5

September Event

Post by Jason Swindle »

Hey everyone,

Is the September event still on? Someone at the last event mentioned that it had been canceled by CA Speedway. Thanks!

Jason
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Re: September Event

Post by Lily Liu »

Jason, we'll know more details this week. Sit tight for now :)
~Lily
Jason Swindle
Car#: 5

September Event Again

Post by Jason Swindle »

Hey guys,

I know you're working on this one, but Casey and I are trying to put a few upgrades on the car and we need to know if/when the next event is. Is the Sept event at CA Speedway still on? Thanks,

Jason
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: September Event Again

Post by Rick Brown »

Still unknown. I don't expect anything until next week since many of the decision makers are in Nebraska.
Last edited by Rick Brown on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Rick Brown wrote:are in Kansas.
Get a map :-)

Jay W
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

You might want to ask Craig Naylor directly (e-mail). I think he's point on that weekend, and isn't at Nationals.

Jay W
Jason Swindle wrote:Hey guys,

I know you're working on this one, but Casey and I are trying to put a few upgrades on the car and we need to know if/when the next event is. Is the Sept event at CA Speedway still on? Thanks,

Jason
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

SCNAX decided last week (and informed the e-board) that we did not have the man power to pull of an as of yet confirmed event with dwindling time.

The e-board has not yet decided to hold or not hold an event that weekend, knowing limitations on the potential site. As stated above, the majority of them are currently at nationals.
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

The calendar says "other" for the location, but clicking there brings up the ACS map. If this happens, where would it be? I may have a different car for that weekend, and if we're at ACS I'll need to arrange a trailer.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Steve Lepper wrote:The calendar says "other" for the location, but clicking there brings up the ACS map. If this happens, where would it be? I may have a different car for that weekend, and if we're at ACS I'll need to arrange a trailer.
See above. No decisions have been made yet and probably won't be until next week sometime.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Jason, please do not post multiple threads on the same topic. Your first thread has been locked, and this one has been answered. My suggestion is to assume the event will be cancelled until told otherwise. As you know most of the core E-Board, Committee members are in Nebraska competing in ProSolo Finale and/or Nationals.

Thanks for understanding.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Jason, please do not post multiple threads on the same topic. Your first thread has been locked, and this one has been answered. My suggestion is to assume the event will be cancelled until told otherwise. As you know most of the core E-Board, Committee members are in Nebraska competing in ProSolo Finale and/or Nationals.

Thanks for understanding.
Geo,

It is not unreasonable to want to know if we are racing or not when we are so close (15 days) to an event that is in question of happening.
That weekend is booked solid for Kathy and me and I have been putting off working on my car like Jason has.
I am planning on attending the Auto-x however I have other activities on Saturday and Sunday too.
I know why we can’t officially say if it is on or not.
If you say it is off then back on it will be difficult to get drivers back and not everyone checks the message board every waking hour.
If you say it is on but then it gets canceled folks will be disappointed because they could have done something that weekend.
At some point a decision needs to be made. I think a positive way to handle this is to set a date (on this day at X-o-clock) to publish the event information.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Giovanni Jaramillo

Doug Teulie wrote:It is not unreasonable to want to know if we are racing or not when we are so close (15 days) to an event that is in question of happening.
I agree but circumstances beyond the E-Board's control forced a change in venue and thus they are scrambling and it happened to be right around the time when Nationals is happening and most of our core E-Board and committee members are attending. I'm just suggesting that as an opinion that's all.

But I do stand by my request not to create multiple threads as it causes even more confusion.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Gio,

I think Doug was referring to this statement of yours.
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:My suggestion is to assume the event will be cancelled until told otherwise.
No one on the Board has made such a statement, to the contrary, were trying to make it happen against all odds.

You often speak on a point of authority. Rick and I had already stated the event is still in the air when you made this statement. I don't think its unreasonable for someone to take your later post as fact, even when you state it's a "suggestion", as your posts are rarely of that of a "typical" poster.

But to answer a question not really addressed on the open forum (to my recollection)... AAA Speedway canceled due to a conflict. El Toro was a maybe for quite some time due to a prior engagement, we were both trying to work around the logistics of, but became a definite no late last month. We're working hard on a new lot option, at an old site (Norton), and trying to make it happen for the Sep date.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Craig Naylor wrote:Gio,

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:My suggestion is to assume the event will be cancelled until told otherwise.
No one on the Board has made such a statement, to the contrary, were trying to make it happen against all odds.

You often speak on a point of authority. Rick and I had already stated the event is still in the air when you made this statement. I don't think its unreasonable for someone to take your later post as fact, even when you state it's a "suggestion", as your posts are rarely of that of a "typical" poster.

But to answer a question not really addressed on the open forum (to my recollection)... AAA Speedway canceled due to a conflict. El Toro was a maybe for quite some time due to a prior engagement, we were both trying to work around the logistics of, but became a definite no late last month. We're working hard on a new lot option, at an old site (Norton), and trying to make it happen for the Sep date.
I don't speak on authority, I'm just merely making a comment/suggestion, and if I were competing driver, I probably would think that it's not going to be pulled off. I'd err on the side of caution as a driver, that's my "OPINION", this not a fact that event will be canceled, and please stop saying that I'm speaking on authority Craig. I know behind the scenes things are being done as quickly as can be, it's just bad timing. But again don't say I speak on a point of authority when I'm not.
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Craig Naylor wrote:Gio,

Thanks Craig.
I personally want the event to happen and I don't want most of the people to think that it not going to by mistake. That said we should pick a date to say go or no go.
Doug T
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Doug Teulie wrote:I personally want the event to happen and I don't want most of the people to think that it not going to by mistake. That said we should pick a date to say go or no go.
Doug,

Earlier this week Mike directed the E-Board to discuss the issue and, while I'm not sure there is a go/no-go date set right now, I wouldn't expect you to have to wait long after Nationals is over to have an answer. And confirming some of what was written above, ET and AAA are not available, so we are working on the new site, the related logistics as well as event staffing logistics.

Thanks,
KJ
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Bill Martin
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: But I do stand by my request not to create multiple threads as it causes even more confusion.
You don't see a disconnect between saying 'don't create multiple threads', and locking the original thread after one (understandable) non-answer? Seems like if you want people to stay on original thread, it shouldn't have been locked.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bill Martin wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: But I do stand by my request not to create multiple threads as it causes even more confusion.
You don't see a disconnect between saying 'don't create multiple threads', and locking the original thread after one (understandable) non-answer? Seems like if you want people to stay on original thread, it shouldn't have been locked.
If the OP (original poster) wanted an answer he/she should've posted again on the original thread not create a new thread. Multiple threads asking the same question, causes clutter and confusion. So no I do not see a disconnect.

EDIT: By the way Bill, I only locked it after I saw the 2nd thread created, that's all. In fact I tried to "merge the two together".
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

There must be some misunderstanding. I saw it locked the first time I looked at the thread, long before the second thread showed up. It was only the fact I saw it locked that I objected to, regards opening a second thread. I agree there should not be a second thread when the first is still active. I don't believe that was the case here.

Regards alternate event sites: Google Earth used to show containers on our old event site at Norton. It now shows it clear. Dunno how current the image is.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bill Martin wrote:There must be some misunderstanding. I saw it locked the first time I looked at the thread, long before the second thread showed up. It was only the fact I saw it locked that I objected to, regards opening a second thread. I agree there should not be a second thread when the first is still active. I don't believe that was the case here.
There must've been a delay (perhaps you didn't refresh your browser) but when I "merge' the two, it automatically locks the 1st (earliest) thread and keeps the 2nd one open. And even if I did "lock" it (there is that option, in addition to merging), this was done only after I saw a 2nd thread.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Bill ... there is a new area at Norton that we would be using ... but lots of issues with security and cleaning up any chalk/flour/trash for environmental issues and the associated costs plus the attendance level necessary to cover these added costs
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Bill ... there is a new area at Norton that we would be using ... but lots of issues with security and cleaning up any chalk/flour/trash for environmental issues and the associated costs plus the attendance level necessary to cover these added costs
If it would be helpful in that regard, you can layout a course exclusively with gates and slalom cones such that no chalk/lime/flour is required (except around pylon bases, does that count?). I would be happy to volunteer to do such a course if desired.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bill Martin wrote:I don't believe that was the case here.
It was brought to my attention that it seemed locked before the 2nd event. So I'll talk with Aaron to see how the merging works but if it was locked prematurely I apologize to the OP as that was not my intent. It was to merge the 2 posts together.
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

Craig Naylor wrote: But to answer a question not really addressed on the open forum (to my recollection)... AAA Speedway canceled due to a conflict. El Toro was a maybe for quite some time due to a prior engagement, we were both trying to work around the logistics of, but became a definite no late last month. We're working hard on a new lot option, at an old site (Norton), and trying to make it happen for the Sep date.
Thanks, Craig... that info gives me what I needed to know.
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Bill Martin wrote:There must be some misunderstanding. I saw it locked the first time I looked at the thread, long before the second thread showed up. It was only the fact I saw it locked that I objected to, regards opening a second thread. I agree there should not be a second thread when the first is still active. I don't believe that was the case here.

Regards alternate event sites: Google Earth used to show containers on our old event site at Norton. It now shows it clear. Dunno how current the image is.
I think Geo may have confused Jason’s first thread on the events board with a thread on the "Club" board.
Jason’s first thread was locked last week (I think it was locked on Thursday, Sep 2).
Doug T