Thank you for This Weekend's (SEP 25-26) Events

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Lisa Severy

Thank you for This Weekend's (SEP 25-26) Events

Post by Lisa Severy »

I wanted to thank all of those you helped put on the events this weekend - especially in the incredible heat.
When I left, my truck's temperature gauge read "105". I know that the heat was taking a toll on many of us. Thank you George Schilling, Craig Naylor and Rick Brown for pulling it all together and keeping it all together! Thank you Bill Martin for a fun course. I know there are others who contributed significantly - thank you very much.
The new lot is nice (good surface plus a great view of the mountains)- and I look forward to running there again.
Theo O.

Re: Thank you for This Weekend's (SEP 25-26) Events

Post by Theo O. »

Agree with Lisa. Thanks all!!! Also, +1 on the course design, my goodness that was a fun course :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Second the kudo's.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Yes, thank you so much everyone!

... this lot does get cooler some other months right? }:) (face is red, needs more water).
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:Yes, thank you so much everyone!

... this lot does get cooler some other months right? }:) (face is red, needs more water).
Red is close to orange, you should be happy. :lol:
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

I wanted to thank everyone who helped out with the newbies on Saturday - the event went very smoothly and we were done pretty early. Also thanks to Bill Schenker and Michael Bradley for instructing in Groups 1 and 2 on Sunday.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Doug Kott
Club: CASOC
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

Thanks for a great course, fun but apparently too challenging for me, Mr. Spin-like-a-top. :oops: :oops:

Awesome drive, Theo!! :thumbup:

I think we really went the extra mile to clean up the lot. Special thanks to the guys out there sweeping up the "klag" in triple-digit heat.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Leonard Cachola wrote:... Also thanks to Bill Schenker and Michael Bradley for instructing in Groups 1 and 2 on Sunday.

You're welcome; my pleasure. And thanks to all that made this happen and stuck around 'til the end to clean-up the lot.

And P.S. In case no one knows: Toby's car is awesome! :D
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

What Lisa said. Very tough weather, so the folks that did the heavy lifting deserve special thanks. Too many to name, but thank all of you that stepped up.
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Doug Kott wrote:Thanks for a great course, fun but apparently too challenging for me, Mr. Spin-like-a-top. :oops: :oops:

Awesome drive, Theo!! :thumbup:

I think we really went the extra mile to clean up the lot. Special thanks to the guys out there sweeping up the "klag" in triple-digit heat.

Thanks Doug! I know you are coming for me next event :)
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mr. Osifeso, I like this clown much better than the other. :thumbup:
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

Big thanks to the club members for a fun weekend driving cars and escaping the heat. lol

HUGE thanks to Jeff and Nicole for giving me the privilege of driving Black Beauty. It's too bad they pulled the car off the market as it's worth every penny of their asking price.

So, I was driving back to the site on Sunday morning when I saw an older woman out for a walk and thought how it clearly couldn't be as bad of a neighborhood as what people were portraying on the messageboard. Then as I passed her I saw she was carrying an aluminum baseball bat! :lol:
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Brian Peters wrote:Big thanks to the club members for a fun weekend driving cars and escaping the heat. lol

HUGE thanks to Jeff and Nicole for giving me the privilege of driving Black Beauty. It's too bad they pulled the car off the market as it's worth every penny of their asking price.

So, I was driving back to the site on Sunday morning when I saw an older woman out for a walk and thought how it clearly couldn't be as bad of a neighborhood as what people were portraying on the messageboard. Then as I passed her I saw she was carrying an aluminum baseball bat! :lol:

Lol. At least she wasn't carrying a shot gun. I don't think the area is that bad and it's gated and close to the freeway, for quick escape 8-)
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Arthur Grant wrote:Mr. Osifeso, I like this clown much better than the other. :thumbup:

Thx! :D