Date conflict ?

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 72

Date conflict ?

Post by Tom Berry »

Did anyone notice that a local championship event has been scheduled while many of us will be in Topeka for Nationals?
I would appreciate comment on this.
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Re: Date conflict ?

Post by Jeff Shyu »

hehe.. tom would be one of those people Marshall was talking about, that doesn't get to read the forums very often.

this was brought up earlier (last week?) and the response was that if you're attending nationals, you'd receive your season's average for the sept event.
Glenn Duensing
Car#: 28
Location: Relaxin' and chillin' on the third rock from the Sun.

Post by Glenn Duensing »

The short story. CS bumped us and that was the only weekend available so yes anybody attending the Nationals and misses the event will get their average.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Our region sucks.

What more do you need to know.

We have the best weather. A couple of incredible lots. The best drivers. Some good people.

And we still manage to screw it up.

Pathetic.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Tom Berry
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Thanks for the tip Jeff... but I am aware of the ' average ' deal for those attending national events when they overlap a local event, but it seems like there could be other options than to have a local event conflicting with nationals. We get such a terrific, large group of our local drivers that make it Topeka each year to have something like this happen...... just my dose centavos worth here.
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Glenn Duensing wrote:The short story. CS bumped us and that was the only weekend available so yes anybody attending the Nationals and misses the event will get their average.
Let me clarify your post Glenn as you are not 100% correct. Close but not 100%.

Back in November the dates Craig got for us was: Sept. 13th-14th as that was the only available weekend (no 20-21, nor 27-28th). AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME (2007) there was no conflict with SCCA Solo Nationals.

Okay now move forward to 2008, and SCCA moves UP the weekend of Solo Nationals to that date we have scheduled. So we are set with that date. I got this clarification from our chairman herself. I'm sure she'll post on here.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Our region sucks.

What more do you need to know.

We have the best weather. A couple of incredible lots. The best drivers. Some good people.

And we still manage to screw it up.

Pathetic.
Volonteer.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Don't start with me Aaron.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bill Schenker
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

I'd be happy to offer any help - calls, whatever, to help make things work for EVERYONE (or nearly so).

Bill
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Glenn Duensing wrote:The short story. CS bumped us and that was the only weekend available so yes anybody attending the Nationals and misses the event will get their average.

Back in November the dates Craig got for us was: Sept. 13th-14th as that was the only available weekend (no 20-21, nor 27-28th). AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME (2007) there was no conflict with SCCA Solo Nationals.

Okay now move forward to 2008, and SCCA moves UP the weekend of Solo Nationals to that date we have scheduled. So we are set with that date. I got this clarification from our chairman herself. I'm sure she'll post on here.

And I care why? We were bumped, we weren't bumped, its SCCA's fault, whatever. Why is the proper blame important?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Why is the proper blame important?
It's not blame. Just stating facts. We are having a practice/champ event in Sept. that unfortunately conflicts with SCCA Solo Nationals. Changing it to a double-practice or school is not my call. Well actually it is part of my call as it's an E-Board event so I do have a "say". If I say yes to a school (not saying that I am right now), you gotta convince the rest of the E-Board.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

The informal school we did that Rick Brown chaired seemed pretty successful. Simultaneous practice and school so it didn't have the normal financial issues that a pure school has and it was a lot easier to staff.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:The informal school we did that Rick Brown chaired seemed pretty successful. Simultaneous practice and school so it didn't have the normal financial issues that a pure school has and it was a lot easier to staff.
There is some time to do this but will it be enough time? And you have to talk to your club rep (George Schilling) and talk to other club members (PSCC, Team BLEW, etc...) and see if they like they idea, and then bring it up at the August meeting. I'm just offering ideas. I have no control on this.
Glenn Duensing
Car#: 28
Location: Relaxin' and chillin' on the third rock from the Sun.

Post by Glenn Duensing »

I said the short story which is 100% correct. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: We did everything possible to avoid a conflict. Life happens.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Glenn Duensing wrote:

I said the short story which is 100% correct. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: We did everything possible to avoid a conflict. Life happens.
Agreed and well said.