I dare everyone...

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

I dare everyone...

Post by Curt Luther »

To go one day without talking about NOTLD and the Sept. event. One day. One day without selfish rants. One day without insults. One day of peace.

Resume on Friday with a clear head. I dare everyone...
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Re: I dare everyone...

Post by Curt Luther »

Alright. It's almost been a day. Thank you everyone for spending a day to think a little and to calm down. Now, I'm gonna take my turn...

This sport's supposed to be fun. I just came off of two events where I had the most fun I've had in this in a long time. I've been real excited about driving and I've had impure thoughts of maybe going back to Topeka THIS year. However, the past few days has made me wanna get out the golf clubs. Do we have problems with the next two events? Absolutely. Do we have to act like frickin' children and make them worse? Guess so, too. We all have opinions. We all have good ideas and intentions. Just because someone has a different one than yours doesn't make them an asshole. Well, maybe they are, but you don't have to stoop to their level.

Here are my opinions on the next two events:

1. NOTLD. At this point, it's still a points event and should be. The issue is P, M and F125s that do run PAX class. These cars should run in the daylight. They should not have to fit lights for this local exercise. That being said, I believe other competitors in the PAX class should also run with the P, M and F125s in the daylight. It's fair competition. I bolded and italicized competitors becuase if you run PAX class just to run in the daylight and go home early, it's chickens**t. I have a hard time seeing at night, so it's the only time most of you will see me in glasses. If you think you need extra lights, run them. Safety is important here. As long as what you do doesn't make things unsafe, I think it should be allowed. In the future, I think we should change this event into a "just for fun" event. We've been having these same arguements for years and it's time to just knock it off. Less BS, more fun. If we have to make it a Championship just to get people to show up, then the event really fails. Let's try it another way next year and see what happens. It can't be worse. Well it can, but lets find out.

2. The September event. We failed miserably with the entire calendar this year. Why should this event be an exception? We have a luxury every year of being able to schedule events as early as October. Before National events are announced, before SD events are announced. Every year the month of March is a disaster, and the September event around Nationals is usually mucked up. Why we even try to schedule any local events in those months is beyond me, but at this point we have a date and we own it. We ain't getting out of it. We have a couple of weeks until we need to get sanction. There is some good conversation going on in the sausage factory debating the cost analysis of P/C weekend v. P/P weekend. I think, and many think a S/P weekend won't work 'cause many instructors cannot attend because of Nationals. I tend to agree. If you wanna be involved, let your club rep know how you feel. I personally would like to see it P/P because hopefully I won't be able to attend because of Nationals. If it is P/C, I can get an avg. or try to make it. It's my problem. I'll deal with it. Worst case is I HAVE to drive in it. Poor me. I have to drive MORE.

I kinda brought it up above and lemme clarify something again. CSCC Solo is not a democracy, it's a republic. You have a club rep. Tell them how you feel and let them go to the people who are gonna have to make the tough decisions. I'm not saying we can't or shouldn't debate, I'm just saying we aren't very good at it without calling each other names and making things worse. That's why I dared everyone for one day of silence. Thank you for your support and thanks for listening to me.

Now, I'm gonna go to the beach this weekend and try to sweet talk the Mrs., Rev., Dr. Luther into lettin' me play in Topeka for three days in September. Hopefully when I get back, we're all happy. OK, that's probably not gonna happen, but a man can wish for change...
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.