For Newbies Attending NOTLD

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Club: PSCC
Car#: 705

For Newbies Attending NOTLD

Post by Tom Tanquary »

If any newbie wants to help out with NOTLD to see the rhythm of how all this comes together, I'll be starting course Set-up around 100p that day. There will be lots to do since this event adds several unique tasks. You will also get boat loads of brownie points if you stay to help clean up. Com'on, you're young and used to being out all night.

Tom

(can't wait to see where this thread drifts off to)
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Tom Phillips
Club: No$
Car#: 185

Re: For Newbies Attending NOTLD

Post by Tom Phillips »

bump
John Fendel
Club: CASOC
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

I am looking for some early volunteers to work tech. I am in charge of Tech but will run the first group and will also need time to draw the course. I'll probably only need 3 or 4 people to process the early registrants and cover while I'm running. Please either post here or email me directly at jjfendel at cox dot net. Thanks.
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Tom, I can't get away early enough to help you set the course up, unfortunately.

John, this is going to sound like a stupid question, but do I need any technical/mechanical talent to help you with tech? From the times I've had my car tech'ed, it didn't look like I'd need to be a mechanic, but then again, my car runs in a stock class and is relatively new, so it probably didn't require much scrutiny. If I don't need an ASE certification or something, I'd be happy to help cover for you.

BTW, I run in the second group, so I'd need to be relieved a little before your group finishes running.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
John Fendel

Post by John Fendel »

but do I need any technical/mechanical talent to help you with tech?
No specific technical talent required. Mostly good common sense. We look to see if all the lug nuts are on all the wheels, they aren't loose and the tires don't show any cord. We look for positive throttle control, secure battery tie down and nothing is leaking under the hood. We check for positive steering control, solid brake pedal, secure seat belts and nothing loose inside the car or trunk. We check if the helmet has a current SNELL sticker and that numbers and class letters are on the car. These are the basics. If anything is out of order, we ask the owner to correct it or we don't attach a tech sticker.
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

John Fendel wrote:
...and that numbers and class letters are on the car....
from someone who has worked radio for this event before, PLEASE make sure the numbers and letters are up to snuff and not more or less the same color/shade the car is :thumbup:
thanks
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

No specific technical talent required.
Sounds good. Count me in. When should I show up?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

John Fendel wrote: We look for positive throttle control,
Mechanical, not mental.

Jay W
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

i'll probably show up early to help, since i'll be in the area helping a friend move into their new house anyways
John Fendel

Post by John Fendel »

i'll probably show up early to help,
Your help will be appreciated.
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

Chuck Fowler wrote:
John Fendel wrote:
...and that numbers and class letters are on the car....
from someone who has worked radio for this event before, PLEASE make sure the numbers and letters are up to snuff and not more or less the same color/shade the car is :thumbup:
thanks
Yes PLEASE! No more chrome numbers on white cars.

I can be there about 4pm, plus I'm in the first work group: I'd be happy to work tech. Just need a short break for a course walk as I run in group 3.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

John Fendel wrote:I am looking for some early volunteers to work tech. I am in charge of Tech but will run the first group and will also need time to draw the course. I'll probably only need 3 or 4 people to process the early registrants and cover while I'm running. Please either post here or email me directly at jjfendel at cox dot net. Thanks.
Since it looks like my run/work group got moved to after "lunch" I can be there for the early stuff. What time do you want me there?
==============
John Fendel

Post by John Fendel »

Since it looks like my run/work group got moved to after "lunch" I can be there for the early stuff. What time do you want me there?
Tech and registration open at 5:30 so it would be helpful if you could show up a little before then. Also, if you can do your course walk early, assuming they open it up before 5:30, that would be helpful also. I will be running in the first group, so I will be there even earlier to draw the course and change tires.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

See you then.
==============