Some open discussion on run formats

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Joel Payne
Club: CASOC
Car#: 311

Re: Some open discussion on run formats

Post by Joel Payne »

55.1 :thumbup:
I already said Steve's car ran faster than mine.

Back on topic: any thoughts on the possible logistics of working extra in exchange for running extra?
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Joel, I'm very much on the same boat. I run in whatever class my car happens to land in. Im doing this for fun, and eventually I'll try and "compete." My Yaris is in CST when my girl comes out, but I usually drive in CSM with my CRX. And last time I checked, I was first in points!!! Yes, sounds cool, but it's only because it's a relatively dead class to run in. Not so much because I'm an outstanding driver.

Joel,
I have looked at your times, pretty respectable from what I can see, better than mine for the same events, but since I am moving from Novice to CSM, I appreciate your encouragement.

"I was first in points!!! Yes, sounds cool, but it's only because it's a relatively dead class to run in. Not so much because I'm an outstanding driver." :D
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Relative to getting more than 12 runs, time permitting...another group does something interesting. Here's how it would work in our events: At registration you get 12 playing cards. You turn one in each run. When the start line goes empty, if there's time left, it's first come first served until time runs out. Any unspent cards are to be turned in, not recycled.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Bill Martin wrote:Relative to getting more than 12 runs, time permitting...another group does something interesting. Here's how it would work in our events: At registration you get 12 playing cards. You turn one in each run. When the start line goes empty, if there's time left, it's first come first served until time runs out. Any unspent cards are to be turned in, not recycled.
I am not sure I see how this is different than checking the boxes on the tech sticker.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Bill Martin wrote:Relative to getting more than 12 runs, time permitting...another group does something interesting. Here's how it would work in our events: At registration you get 12 playing cards. You turn one in each run. When the start line goes empty, if there's time left, it's first come first served until time runs out. Any unspent cards are to be turned in, not recycled.
I am not sure I see how this is different than checking the boxes on the tech sticker.
It doesn't involve GRA members needing to know how to use a Printer.. :lol:
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

And a flush is worth 10 extra runs, a straight, 5, etc. :thumbup:
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

Doug Kott wrote:And a flush is worth 10 extra runs, a straight, 5, etc. :thumbup:
Nice!
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:I am not sure I see how this is different than checking the boxes on the tech sticker.
It doesn't involve GRA members needing to know how to use a Printer.. :lol:
Cold, very cold, funny but cold.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jesus Saucedo
Club: No$
Car#: 226

Post by Jesus Saucedo »

Arthur Grant wrote:Joel, I'm very much on the same boat. I run in whatever class my car happens to land in. Im doing this for fun, and eventually I'll try and "compete." My Yaris is in CST when my girl comes out, but I usually drive in CSM with my CRX. And last time I checked, I was first in points!!! Yes, sounds cool, but it's only because it's a relatively dead class to run in. Not so much because I'm an outstanding driver.

Joel,
I have looked at your times, pretty respectable from what I can see, better than mine for the same events, but since I am moving from Novice to CSM, I appreciate your encouragement.

"I was first in points!!! Yes, sounds cool, but it's only because it's a relatively dead class to run in. Not so much because I'm an outstanding driver." :D
Arthur, were you talking to me, or Joel? :) I encourage you either way! CSM is fun.Just don't use worn out track-day tires like I have!

And :D I still like saying, "I was first in points!" :thumbup:
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Joel Payne wrote:
As reference, last Saturday I started at about 59 seconds and eventually drove a best clean lap of ~55.7. We had 5 guys out using my same FC chassis (damn cool). I'm not a total slouch as I believe I ran the fastest of the four street legal FC's but I was still miles away from Steve Obleen's car. He ran at least a 51.1 that I know of and that was just the morning sessions.
I see a little competitive spirit in that post...Watch out pretty soon it will SRSBZNSS! :lol:

Actually, being just 4 seconds or so back from the car that some say single-handedly killed the "Boy Scout" class, B Prepared is pretty darn good. :thumbup:
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jesus, was looking at your post and credited Joel. I celebrate your first in points, look forward to running against you next year.
Jesus Saucedo
Club: No$
Car#: 226

Post by Jesus Saucedo »

Thanks Arthur! I really appreciate that :) I look forward to having someone there.

Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays) ! ! ! !

See you all next year ;)
Joel Payne
Car#: 311

Post by Joel Payne »

Sebastian Rios wrote: I see a little competitive spirit in that post...Watch out pretty soon it will SRSBZNSS! :lol:

Actually, being just 4 seconds or so back from the car that some say single-handedly killed the "Boy Scout" class, B Prepared is pretty darn good. :thumbup:
Thank you... There's a difference between being competitive and being able to effectively compete. :D I never said I wasn't the former. :lol: