25th Anniversary Awards Banquet Celebrating the 2010 Season

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

25th Anniversary Awards Banquet Celebrating the 2010 Season

Post by George Schilling »

It's Awards Time!

Time again to recognize our accomplishments of the last year as we come together to celebrate our 2010 Autox season. Be there to cheer on the friends you've been battling all year as they receive their awards. Equally as important, see what your fellow competitors look like when they clean up and leave their helmets at home.

It's Our 25th Anniversary!

In addition to recognizing our champions and trophy winners, we'll be celebrating our 25th Anniversary as SCCA affiliates. To commemorate this special occasion, we've arranged to hold our banquet at the home of one of Orange County's finest collection of classic and collectible cars, Crevier Classic Cars http://www.crevierclassiccars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, where we'll be able to view Crevier's private collection along with a wide variety of classic and collectible cars for sale. Better bring your checkbook in case you see something you like!

I Almost Forget......The Food!

No respectable celebration would be complete without great food. With that in mind, we've arranged to have Valhalla Table http://www.valhallatable.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; cater our feast. Here's a sample menu to excite your taste buds.

- Mini pretzels with honey mustard dipping sauces
- Salads – waldorf and Caesar salad
- Belgian style fries with dipping sauces
- Sausage sandwiches – Bratwurst, chicken apple, lamb, duck, and spicy Italian vegetarian sausages
- Selections of tres leches parfait with fresh berries, cookies, and other mini desserts
- Iced tea, lemonade, and water included
- Wine, beer and sodas will be available for purchase

Door Prizes!

As usual, there will be plenty of door prizes generously donated by our clubs and sponsors so don't forget to get your raffle ticket at the door for a chance to win.

Come join the fun! Bring Your Friends

We want you there to help us celebrate, so as an added bonus, we've lowered the price to ridiculously low levels. If you owe anyone a lunch or dinner, bring them along. We've got plenty of room but pre-registration is required http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 4E8E834765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Details

When........................Sunday, January 30th at noon

Where.......................Crevier Classic Car Center, 365B Clinton St., Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Map..........................http://maps.google.com/maps?q=365b+clin ... CBUQ8gEwAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Adults....................................$20
Couples..................................$35
Children 17 and under..................$5

Register here...........................http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 4E8E834765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember..........Pre-registration is required. See you there!
Last edited by George Schilling on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Re: 25th Anniversary Awards Banquet Celebrating the 2010 Season

Post by Arthur Grant »

Do we pre-register by e-mail, PM or MSR?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote:Do we pre-register by e-mail, PM or MSR?
MSR, should be up tomorrow.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Belgium Style Fries !

Darn, Karen and I will be at Buttonwillow doing our Miata Challenge event.

Have Fun Everyone and a big congratulations to all of the Winners and to Karen and my great competitors. Well I wasn't much competitions for Tom D, but he needed someone to beat in order to Win. :D
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

Awesome! I will register asap! Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to goig this year. I always seem to havesomething going on at the same time.

Does the first place in a class get a jacket this year???
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Bump. Registration is now open.
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

Casey Brier wrote:Awesome! I will register asap! Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to goig this year. I always seem to havesomething going on at the same time.

I was wondering the same thing. I was kinda hopin' to get a jacket!
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Doug Kott wrote:
Casey Brier wrote:Awesome! I will register asap! Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to goig this year. I always seem to havesomething going on at the same time.

I was wondering the same thing. I was kinda hopin' to get a jacket!
Yes, class winners get jackets.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Thanks for the couples discount and reasonable price. :thumbup:
Vincent Wong
Car#: 107

Post by Vincent Wong »

Just curious, will the cater have some highchairs available? If so, I need two.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Update on the banquet. CASOC has decided to pay for banquet entry for CASOC members. (woohoo CASOC!!) To keep things from getting too complicated on the back end, I've converted the MSR part to handle registration only - no payments. Please go to MSR and register for the banquet, but bring a check to the banquet for the amount you owe. If you've already registered, just bring your payment. You don't need to modify your existing registration at all.

If any of the other clubs would like to follow CASOC's lead, please let me know!

Also - to clarify: No online payments were processed - nor will they be processed. The payment information was collected to submit later. Now with the change, no one will be charged online. Everyone must bring payment. Unless you were keen enough to sign up with CASOC.
Last edited by KJ Christopher on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Doug Kott

Post by Doug Kott »

That's a very nice gesture! I've already paid online, but I don't need a refund. The stuff on the menu sounds great! :thumbup:
Vincent Wong
Car#: 107

Post by Vincent Wong »

KJ Christopher wrote:Update on the banquet. CASOC has decided to pay for banquet entry for CASOC members. (woohoo CASOC!!) To keep things from getting too complicated on the back end, I've converted the MSR part to handle registration only - no payments. Please go to MSR and register for the banquet, but bring a check to the banquet for the amount you owe. If you've already registered, just bring your payment. You don't need to modify your existing registration at all.

If any of the other clubs would like to follow CASOC's lead, please let me know!
So if I've already registered and paid online, will the transaction get canceled?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

No online payments were processed - nor will they be processed. The payment information was collected to submit later. Now with the change, no one will be charged online.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Reminder...banquet tomorrow.
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Car#: 88

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Thanks for the pics Stephen.

OK, how about a full write up of the event for those of us unfortunate enough not to be there (maybe something that could end up in SoPac News?). I was so bummed to be too sick to make it. Who got the special awards? What was the story with The Reverend and the Team Trophy? Venue and food? Details, I need details!
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Rick Brown wrote:Thanks for the pics Stephen.

OK, how about a full write up of the event for those of us unfortunate enough not to be there (maybe something that could end up in SoPac News?). I was so bummed to be too sick to make it. Who got the special awards? What was the story with The Reverend and the Team Trophy? Venue and food? Details, I need details!
We missed you Rick. The venue was first class as you can see by the pics. I've detailed the true account of the Reverend story. ha ha. I admit I was relieved to see the team trophy arrive unharmed. We had no clue where it was, but as usual, it showed up. Nothing different there. Hearing the story in person was funny and entertaining. Food was good. They could have used a bit more help to speed up service. Steve did his usual masterful job as MC. Lisa Severy was awarded the Craig Angel Spirit of Solo Award. Unfortunately, the workers of the year and most improved were not there. Mike was awarded a nice clock for his service. And of course Toby and Bev received their awards for topping all us boys and girls. All in all, a very nice banquet.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Doug Kott

Post by Doug Kott »

A big thanks to everyone who had a hand in setting up the banquet! Great bratwurst and sweet-potato fries, incredible bench-racing, a clever emcee who kept the program moving, a cool setting (everything from 1930s' Packards to modern Ferraris as a backdrop)...and the "daily drivers" in the parking lot were almost as interesting as the museum collection. :thumbup:
Steve Towers
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

I'd like to say a big thank you to the Evolution Driving Schools (Robert Puertas) for the wonderful door prize. I won a gift certicate entry for an Evo School, and as it happens, I was registered for the Challenge school at El Toro on March 19. Talk about good timimg............

Thank you, Mr. Puertas
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

I just wanted to thank those (Mike, KJ, Rick etc) who helped design the jackets this year. They are truly first class. Being the attention whore that I am, I posted a picture of it on Facebook, and even Andy Hollis commented that it was much nicer than those jackets won at the National Championships this year. :thumbup:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Great photos Stephen. Thanks!