Evo Schools at El Toro - March 19 & 20

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Robert Puertas
Club: PSCC
Car#: 44

Evo Schools at El Toro - March 19 & 20

Post by Robert Puertas »

It's Evo time again.

In conjunction with the March 19/20 event at El Toro, we will also be hosting a handful of Evo Schools.

Saturday we will have a Phase 1 and a Challenge school.

Sunday we will have a Phase 2 and pair of Advantage schools.

For more info on these schools, or to sign up, see the Evo website: http://www.EvoSchool.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a quick description of the new half-day Evo Advantage school based on the popular class for beginners we provide in conjunction with the SCCA National Tour program:

Have you ever taken a driving school and then had to wait at least a week or more to try out your newfound skills? Well not anymore! The Evo Advantage program has now come to the local level of autocrossing, and will allow the student to not only take a school, but run an event all on the same day!

With our morning session, the student will be able to take our educational program, and then on that same afternoon, run at their local event. This allows the student immediate results, not to mention helping them drive home the skill set that has made Evolution the number one name in autocross education for over 18 years!

For those who choose to run the afternoon session, you will still be able to run the event, and then compare the Evolution approach to that of your own. Either session is bound to help make you a better, and more efficient driver, as well as a part of the Evolution Family!

The following is an approximated schedule for the morning session of the Evo Advantage

8:30am Drivers Meeting
9:00am Instructed sessions begin
12:00pm wrap up meeting
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Re: Evo Schools at El Toro - March 19 & 20

Post by Arthur Grant »

Went to the website to sign up for the morning session and don't see it listed. The afternoon session is there but not the morning. Sent an e-mail to junior.
Tadd Ekstrand
Club: CASOC
Car#: 152

Post by Tadd Ekstrand »

Do you guys have any of the teen schools planned for the future?
Tadd Ekstrand
STS 91 Honduh Civie Si Iamokwithmysexuality blue

New avatar courtesy of Mako Koiwai.

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

Tadd Ekstrand wrote:Do you guys have any of the teen schools planned for the future?
AMCI won't let us do a teen school. I think they have their own program with a car manufacturer?
Tadd Ekstrand
Car#: 152

Post by Tadd Ekstrand »

Dang! Morgan's brother is driving now and I wanted him to take the course and I believe Morgan wanted to do it again as well.
Tadd Ekstrand
STS 91 Honduh Civie Si Iamokwithmysexuality blue

New avatar courtesy of Mako Koiwai.

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Why not put a teen in a phase one? Its the not the same, I know, but you'd get good experience and car handling confidence.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Enrolled, looking forward to learning then applying.
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

Hey gang, the run order has been posted:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 189293AE80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want more seat time, it's not going to come cheaper, or with better instructors available than by signing up for an Evo Advantage 1/2 day session on Sunday...

Morning session:
http://www.evoschool.com/index.php?page ... el-toro-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Afternoon session:
http://www.evoschool.com/index.php?page ... el-toro-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And while the Phase 1 is almost full, there are several spots available for the Challenge school and the Phase 2.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

So this begs the question, since I signed up for the morning session of evo school, and the run work order shows I work first session then run thrid, is it safe to assume I either have to try and squeeze into the the afternoon evo school session or cancel, correct.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote:So this begs the question, since I signed up for the morning session of evo school, and the run work order shows I work first session then run thrid, is it safe to assume I either have to try and squeeze into the the afternoon evo school session or cancel, correct.
You simply have to request running out of class, not a big deal. Accepted procedure is to ask your competitors if they mind, then ask the Event Chair (who we haven't picked yet). If there is a significant change in the course or conditions, you get your average.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

Arthur, just send Junior an email and ask him to switch you to the afternoon session.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Robert Puertas wrote:Arthur, just send Junior an email and ask him to switch you to the afternoon session.
Junior took care of me, now scheduled for noon.
Matt Cipolla
Car#: 401

Post by Matt Cipolla »

I'm a little confused. I know I need to take Phase 1 first, and I'd also like to take Phase 2. Looks like I should pass on the Challenge, because I should take Phases 1 and 2 first. I don't get what the Evo Advantage is though. Is that something different than Phase 1 or 2? And will any of these classes prevent me from doing the regular Saturday practice and/or Sunday championship? I'm run 2nd and work 3rd for Sunday.
Santa Monica Acura Sales - http://www.smacura.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.facebook.com/cipolla.matt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.twitter.com/MatthewCipolla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Matthew Petty
Car#: 0

Post by Matthew Petty »

Hey guys, can I run my car with a cracked windshield? It's not a bad crack, but it's line type crack going from the passenger side to about the middle of the glass.
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

Matthew Petty wrote:Hey guys, can I run my car with a cracked windshield?
Yes, something small like that won't be a problem.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

We race in the rain, do we Evo in the rain?
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

Yes we do.

However, there is currently only 1 signed up for the afternoon advantage school, so that's in jeopardy.

Also, we only have 3 signed up for the Challenge school, so that school will likely end up being held on the regular practice course...
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Robert Puertas wrote:Yes we do.

However, there is currently only 1 signed up for the afternoon advantage school, so that's in jeopardy.

Also, we only have 3 signed up for the Challenge school, so that school will likely end up being held on the regular practice course...
Would that one be me?
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

Afraid so...
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

is the class held using the championship course?
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

No we set up a separate course for the ad stage schools on Sunday.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Robert Puertas wrote:No we set up a separate course for the ad stage schools on Sunday.
My thought on the issue is to see if the event master would be willing to move BSP (for which I am currently the only entry) to after lunch. Since I am working Gate pre-first grid or could work lunch depending on Ken's druthers, would seem better to move my championship run down. I don't impact the work assignments, it makes more sense than holding a class with one student, and is more profitable for Evo than having to cancel me. Do you have room in the morning group, and does my logic seem reasonable?
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

Sounds good to me.

And if you're the only one running BSP then it's a slam dunk.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Robert Puertas wrote:No we set up a separate course for the ad stage schools on Sunday.
My thought on the issue is to see if the event master would be willing to move BSP (for which I am currently the only entry) to after lunch. Since I am working Gate pre-first grid or could work lunch depending on Ken's druthers, would seem better to move my championship run down. I don't impact the work assignments, it makes more sense than holding a class with one student, and is more profitable for Evo than having to cancel me. Do you have room in the morning group, and does my logic seem reasonable?
Arthur, you can run in the afternoon in the 5th group.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Doug Teulie wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:
Arthur, you can run in the afternoon in the 5th group.
Thanks Doug. Robert go ahead and move me to the morning if that is ok. Will I have time to fill my commitment to in the morning or will we be done by lunch. I have committed to work the 6-8:30 shift at that gate, Ken might let me sub for lunch. I will need to cover him in the morning so he gets his course walk etc.

If I can keep my commitment to him then I am good with moving to the morning.