2008 ProSolo Finale, Sept 11-13

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

2008 ProSolo Finale, Sept 11-13

Post by Christine Grice »

2008 ProSolo Finale
Heartland Park Topeka
09/12/2008 - 09/13/2008

Event Home Page

Schedule of Activities

Entry cap is 250.

Registration fee is $115.

Access to site: ProSolo Finale entrants access to Heartland Park, Topkea (HPT) begins Thursday, September 11th at 10:00 am. ProSolo competitors only are allowed access at this time for practice starts and will receive a temporary parking location. All ProSolo entrants will be required to vacate the temporary parking location by 6:00 pm Thursday, September 11th.

Temporary parking is granted in an effort to provide Finale competitors time for practice starts and allow the National Championship setup crew time to complete the marking of Paddock. If the marking of Paddock can be completed earlier than anticipated, site access may be granted to all participants prior to the scheduled time of 1:30 pm.

Registration Info In SCCA News article:
TOPEKA, Kan (Aug. 4, 2008) – Online registration for the Tire Rack® SCCA ProSolo Finale at Heartland Park Topeka will open on Monday, August 11, at noon (CDT).

Registration is open to anyone who has competed in at least two ProSolo events in 2008 or any returning 2007 ProSolo Finale Champion. For those who compete in the P1, M1, L1 or L2 classes, both events must be in the same index to qualify for the Finale. A decision on the admittance of single-event participants will be made on August 27. Requirements and entry fee will be determined at that time.

The Packwood ProSolo will not be completed before registration opens for the Finale, but those who are entered at Packwood and intend to use it as their second event do not have to wait and are encouraged to register for the Finale beforehand.

For the first time in Solo history, Formula Junior competitors will take part in the ProSolo Finale. Juniors who have competed in at least one ProSolo event in 2008 are qualified to enter.

The Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo Finale will take place Sept. 12 – 13, at Heartland Park Topeka in Kansas. Current ProSolo point standings and additional information are available by clicking on the orange Solo tab at the top of the (SCCA) page.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Re: 2008 ProSolo Finale, Sept 11-13

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I know you mean well with this post Christine, but this event is in date conflict with and competes directly against a local CSCC event.

Therefore, it is inappropriate to promote said competing event on our CSCC message board. This issue was brought up by our region chair and thoroughly discussed across multiple CSCC Solo Committee meetings.

}:) Yeah, I'm an asshole.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

SoCal people who will qualify so far (sorry if I missed anyone):

Thomason, Rhodes, Cohen, Robertson, McHugh, Isley, Clements(x3), Green, Chapman, Motonishi, Uyeda, Bjoin, Berry(x2), Grice, Botkin, Ekstrand, Jung, Goldsmith, Hayter, Surubariu, Kiesel, Bauer
~Christine Grice
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I know you mean well with this post Christine, but this event is in date conflict with and competes directly against a local CSCC event.

Therefore, it is inappropriate to promote said competing event on our CSCC message board. This issue was brought up by our region chair and thoroughly discussed across multiple CSCC Solo Committee meetings.

}:) Yeah, I'm an asshole.
Not true (well the @hole part is :lol: ) this should only conflict with a practice event, as the ProSolo finale runs on Fri-Sat. :mrgreen:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

The discussion was over use of the message board to promote conflicting events. The conflict could be with ANY CSCC activity, School, Practice, FSAE West, Championship, Practice, Banquet, anything.

And yeah, I'm a colossal unrepentant asshole.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:The discussion was over use of the message board to promote conflicting events. The conflict could be with ANY CSCC activity, School, Practice, FSAE West, Championship, Practice, Banquet, anything.

And yeah, I'm a colossal unrepentant asshole.
No problem... We will just have the DSSS pull the sanction for that weekend and then there will be no conflict. :thumbup:

Not sure how an SCCA event is a conflict. :roll:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
No problem... We will just have the DSSS pull the sanction for that weekend and then there will be no conflict. :thumbup:

I'd have to buy dinner for the DSSS in Topeka for that brilliant action! Where was that hidden steak house Randy raved about again?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I was disappointed to read about the parking situation. I have a reserved RV spot. I asked HPT when I could access it and they said Friday. But we enter on Thursday for the practice. Oh.... [silence] I'm not sure.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I know you mean well with this post Christine, but this event is in date conflict with and competes directly against a local CSCC event.
If I'm not mistaken, in defense of Christine, it is a non-SCCA event that should not be advertised that conflicts with a CSCC event (i.e. formula-drift events, BMWCCA, PCA, etc...)
David Avard
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I was disappointed to read about the parking situation. I have a reserved RV spot. I asked HPT when I could access it and they said Friday. But we enter on Thursday for the practice. Oh.... [silence] I'm not sure.
What's funny is that they've asked us (KS region) to provide workers to mark grid and paddock on Wednesday, not Thursday. Last year, I parked my truck there Wednesday (the advantage of being the person who is there marking grid and paddock :P, although I have to remember not to wear a good pair of shoes this year).
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Mari Clements
Car#: 130

Post by Mari Clements »

this should only conflict with a practice event, as the ProSolo finale runs on Fri-Sat.
Yeah, I'll fly back...

In happier news, Jon's airline tickets were only $198 (well, plus fees, so now $240).

mlc
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:
Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:

I'd have to buy dinner for the DSSS in Topeka for that brilliant action! Where was that hidden steak house Randy raved about again?
Call me when you feel like you are really ready. 8-)
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

David Avard wrote:
Steve Ekstrand wrote:I was disappointed to read about the parking situation. I have a reserved RV spot. I asked HPT when I could access it and they said Friday. But we enter on Thursday for the practice. Oh.... [silence] I'm not sure.
What's funny is that they've asked us (KS region) to provide workers to mark grid and paddock on Wednesday, not Thursday. Last year, I parked my truck there Wednesday (the advantage of being the person who is there marking grid and paddock :P, although I have to remember not to wear a good pair of shoes this year).
Hi David,

We are tentatively scheduling the transporter to arrive Wed to be safe.

Any idea who the contact is at HPT? How big is your driveway? }:)

Thanks,

Rick
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

They updated the ProSolo Points and highlighted everyone that currently qualifies for the finale:

Class Points

Note at the top of page 1 says:
The competitors highlighted in yellow meet the eligibility requirements for the 2008 SCCA Tire Rack ProSolo National Series Finale set forth in the ProSolo rulesand are all the competitors that competed in two or more events in a class.
On line registration will be available Monday, August 11th @noon (CDT). Please register by August 26th to enable the Solo Staff to make proper
arrangements for the Finale operations and year end banquet/awards presentation. For those that have qualified in more than one class, the class you register in will be your declared class. No class changes allowed after September 2nd @noon (CDT).
Entry Cap is 250. If the entry limit is not reached the event may be opened to single event participants. A decision on this will not be made until August 27.

Other interesting links:
Hawk Super Challenge Points
Ladies Challenge Points
Honda Tuner Challenge Points
~Christine Grice
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Registration for the Pro Finale is now open! :gpower:
~Christine Grice
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

From the ProSolo rules it looks like 5 points are awarded if you make the SC. Also the SC points seem to have a slightly value per event. Can anyone explain how the point system works?

Thanks!
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

If you make that Super Challenge *and* compete in it, you get at least 5 points. If you qualify higher than 12th then you get exrtra points. If you finish higher than 16th then you get more points (based on 20.12.E and F)

The reason why it looks like the points for challenges are not the same is that the value you see is a total of the qualifying and the finishing position.

examples:

qualify 1st, finish 1st = 45+12= 57
qualify 1st, get knocked out in 1st round = 12+5= 17
qualify 12th, finish 3rd = 1+30= 31
qualify 6th, get knocked out in 3rd round = 6+15= 31
~Christine Grice
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Oh, and if you weren't confused enough, the Finale is worth more points that the series events so the whole points system gets shifted for the finale.
~Christine Grice
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

Thanks. I qualified 10th at Wendover and got knocked out by Eric first round. :) No points were awarded for that event per the SC doc.

Rick
David Avard
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

Richard Jung wrote:
David Avard wrote:
Hi David,

We are tentatively scheduling the transporter to arrive Wed to be safe.

Any idea who the contact is at HPT? How big is your driveway? }:)

Thanks,

Rick
Not big enough. I'll have Julie work on access to HPT, but they don't plan to be open to anyone but set up crew.
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Richard Jung wrote:Thanks. I qualified 10th at Wendover and got knocked out by Eric first round. :) No points were awarded for that event per the SC doc.

Rick
Actually, now that I look at your points, you should have gotten 5 points and it would show you in the yellow area as having gone to two events. I would say email someone at SCCA. Maybe Nancy Downing? Less for the 5 points and more for the fact that they need to show you as having 2 events. ;)
~Christine Grice
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Registration opened yesterday. 80 people already registered (8:24am).
Here are the SoCal people already signed up:

Scott McHugh (AS)
Henry Bjoin (ASP)
Jason Uyeda (ASP)
Jason Isley (BS)
Tom Berry (BSP - B2)
Marshall Grice (BSP - B2)
Henry Botkin (ESP)
Barbra Boehme (L1)
Christine Berry (L2)
Annie Bauer (L2)
Leslie Cohen (SS)
Gary Thomason (SS)
Steve Ekstrand (STS)
Aaron Goldsmith (STU)
Rick Jung (STU)
Max Hayter (STU)
~Christine Grice
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Christine Berry wrote: Rick Jung (STU)
Max Hayter (STU)
At least our region has the Course extremes covered in STU between Max and Rick.
Keith Brown
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 96

Post by Keith Brown »

David Avard wrote:
Not big enough. I'll have Julie work on access to HPT, but they don't plan to be open to anyone but set up crew.
We will be at HPT for the ProParts test n tune on tuesday the 9th, and looked into renting a garage tuesday and wednesday, and were told everyone had to be out on wednesday. Could be like last year, GM rented the track on Wednesday and they kicked everyone out.
Keith
1990 Miata with the really big roll bar
http://www.chaserace.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.tightntidyracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.vorschlag.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.ast-usa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Entry Cap is 250 people
130 people currently registered.

A decision on the admittance of single-event participants will be made on August 27. Requirements and entry fee will be determined at that time.

Here are the SoCal people already signed up:

Scott McHugh (AS)
Henry Bjoin (ASP)
Jason Uyeda (ASP)
Ken Motonishi (ASP)
Jason Isley (BS)
Tom Berry (BSP - B2)
Marshall Grice (BSP - B2)
Jeff Kiesel (M1)
Henry Botkin (ESP)
Barbra Boehme (L1)
Christine Berry (L2)